Diamond Member Discounts

How can you tell if the discount has been applied? It comes off the base fare - correct?

Yes, the discount comes off the fake full price. You can see the details when you do a mock booking, there's a link you can click on that shows you the pricing by guest.

Yes, the discount comes off the fake full price. You can see the details when you do a mock booking, there's a link you can click on that shows you the pricing by guest.

Ah. We booked onboard, so did not see the details - were just told final price. But we will be diamond as soon as they apply this past trip, so wanted to see if the Emerald discount was applied (I assume it was), and what else would come off if we called in two or three weeks to get our diamond discount applied. Sounds like an extra hundred.

But is see what you mean - it would be nicer if they called the discount out more clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah. We booked onboard, so did not see the details - were just told final price. But we will be diamond as soon as they apply this past trip, so wanted to see if the Emerald discount was applied (I assume it was), and what else would come off if we called in two or three weeks to get our diamond discount applied. Sounds like an extra hundred.

But is see what you mean - it would be nicer if they called the discount out more clearly.

It's on your invoice.

I think it helps to tell them. There are times when you don't want to use the discount (you might want to save it for a a better discount later), so it's best to tell them up front.
I regularly have to ask for the D+ drinks discount.

On Independence in June shortly after boarding we went to fish and ships for lunch.

On this occasion i got a beer and a soda for my wife to drink and in this case they added the BOGO for the cheap soda but never said and I only noticed when I checked my receipt later.

Previous cruises if our first 2 drinks are wine thy haven't deducted the discount and when I pointed this out they had to go away and get a new receipt.

The other discount of I believe 20% off second drinks has never been applied and they probably rely on people like me not wanting to appear tight by pointing it out.

They did away with the paper vouchers to save paper???? but at least with these you handed the relevant voucher to the crew and there was no issues.

Hi there.

In November will be our first cruise as Diamond.

How do I activate this 24h Internet use ?

Nadine

All you do is connect to the Royal WiFi and you will be presented with a menu of choices, including your free option.

I believe if you do that your booking will be re-priced at the current rate and promos so it may not be beneficial to get that extra discount

Does the diamond discount count for suites also. We will be Diamond after March 2020 and will be booking something for September, but only in a suite. Thanks

Any stateroom with a balcony.