Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

We always cash tip our stateroom attendant $20 at the beginning of the cruise and I ask for the upgraded bathroom toiletries and receive them. Only because it's L'Occitane, which is sooooo nice. Otherwise I would just bring my own.

We always cash tip our stateroom attendant $20 at the beginning of the cruise and I ask for the upgraded bathroom toiletries and receive them. Only because it's L'Occitane, which is sooooo nice. Otherwise I would just bring my own.

What ship and when was this? My wife said she did just about the same thing. And was told they couldn’t because they locked them up and took inventory of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What ship and when was this? My wife said she did just about the same thing. And was told they couldn’t because they locked them up and took inventory of them.

Should have asked for the $20 back [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Should have asked for the $20 back [emoji6]

Lol, I also should have mentioned I ask for daily ice and stuff too..not just the bathroom stuff. just seems they appreciate the $20 up front and we seem to get even better service. That's been all of my recent cruises. Oasis, Harmony, Enchantment.

Lol, I also should have mentioned I ask for daily ice and stuff too..not just the bathroom stuff. just seems they appreciate the $20 up front and we seem to get even better service. That's been all of my recent cruises. Oasis, Harmony, Enchantment.
We were in the same Oasis JS for 6 weeks last fall. Every day I would put the l'Ocitane soap in the little drawer next to sink. Every day I would get a new one. Never said a word to the steward. It was a running game.

We finally quit about the third week

We were in the same Oasis JS for 6 weeks last fall. Every day I would put the l'Ocitane soap in the little drawer next to sink. Every day I would get a new one. Never said a word to the steward. It was a running game.

Haha, Nice. yah..3 weeks worth should be enough ;-) BTW, Bella is sooo cute.

We have done the same thing. Bring bottles from a previous cruise to salt the mine.

We have done the same thing. Bring bottles from a previous cruise to salt the mine.
I took the hand lotion each day and put in on the balcony table. I had 8 out there before he asked me if I needed any more. I told him one more should do it.

My DW hates when I do things like that.

I also hid a bottle of beer somewhere in the cabin.....hoping it will be there the next time I sail in that cabin. I'm talking to you Vision 7152, Jewel 9256, Vision 7652, Brilliance 9256, Navigator 7688, Freedom 1400, Jewel 1100, Harmony 7330, Brilliance 1602, and Explorer 7688.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I took the hand lotion each day and put in on the balcony table. I had 8 out there before he asked me if I needed any more. I told him one more should do it.

I also hid a bottle of beer somewhere in the cabin.....hoping it will be there the next time I sail in that cabin. I'm talking to you Vision 7152, Jewel 9256, Vision 7652, Brilliance 9256, Navigator 7688, Freedom 1400, Jewel 1100, Harmony 7330, Brilliance 1602, and Explorer 7688.

I'm in Jewel 9256 next summer... can it stay hidden for another year...?!

We just let the cabin steward know that he's welcome to anything we leave in the cabin, and make sure to point out where the extra beer and chocolate are stored:) We also find out how long his contact lasts so if he's still on board on our next cruise we bring him a box of his favorite sweets when we get back on board.:)

The 6 weeks in our JS were not concurrent.

The cruise we turned PC was the 5th. We had 3 bottles of wine left over, so I asked Dwayne if he would hold onto it for a week since we were due back the next week. Gave him $10.

Now that's service.

Never understood the affinity people have with the "high end" little tubes of toiletries. I've had them many times but just use the stuff I brought because that's what I use.

I think it is a ladies thing. My wife has delicate hair and can only use certain types of shampoo, and Gilchrist & Soames happens to be one of them.

They will only give you the "white tubes" now. Those are now considered the "upgraded" toiletries.

On my last cruise (Liberty) the attendant said as Diamond I wasn't eligible for any! Reluctantly bought shower gel and lotion. Oddly enough on turnaround day there was a huge bin of everything on the cart in the hallway!

https://www.albatrosnet.it/en/bioenergy-b1.html This is the new Italian toiletry brand for high point D+ and above. "BioEnergy" I think it's lovely. Nice fragrance. I don't miss the old-fashioned tubes of Gilchrist & Soames one bit. However, if your wife does, she can always book on Celebrity. We sailed in an Aqua Class balcony on the Eclipse and that's what our bathroom had. I liked it, too, but not more than what we got on Royal. ;)

The complete Gilchrist & Soames travel sets are available for sale on their web site (https://www.gilchristsoames.com/travel.html) along with nice little travel cases for $18.00. There may be other good reasons to cruise on Celebrity but, IMHO, $18 worth of toiletries (that the cruise line probably buys for $5) is not much of a deciding factor.

Well just to contradict what everyone else here seems to be saying, we were on the Explorer TP in April this year and asked our steward about the upgraded toiletries (over 350 points so supposed to be a benefit). He said he had to request them but sure enough they turned up the next day and were replenished every day

Well just to contradict what everyone else here seems to be saying, we were on the Explorer TP in April this year and asked our steward about the upgraded toiletries (over 350 points so supposed to be a benefit). He said he had to request them but sure enough they turned up the next day and were replenished every day
So what were they, the white ones?

Cocoglucoside......

Oh, the humanity!

I don't like the smell of the product.

I do like the soaps, though. [emoji16]

Go ahead.

Try to read that. :D

IMG_0838.jpg

Thanks for posting. The second ingredient is sulfates and that is horrible for your hair! :o You'd think with a higher-end product, they would get a clue.

The Gilchrist & Soames products are paraben-free and sulfate-free according to their website which is fantastic, but from what I understand, these aren't provided anymore? They're definitely much better for your hair. I wish the Bio-Energy line from Italy would list their ingredients.