Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

My wife is on the Oasis and staying in a regular balcony room. She is Diamond+ with 420 cruise nights, that should give her a benefit of upgraded bathroom amenities. She was a little disappointed they stopped giving the Gilchrist & Soames brand and replaced it with a low quality brand.

We just wondered if others had this same experience? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife is on the Oasis and staying in a regular balcony room. She is Diamond+ with 420 cruise nights, that should give her a benefit of upgraded bathroom amenities. She was a little disappointed they stopped giving the Gilchrist & Soames brand and replaced it with a low quality brand.

They will only give you the "white tubes" now. Those are now considered the "upgraded" toiletries.

Nearly 700 C&A points and I had never received upgraded bath amenities (unless in full suite). A couple weeks ago on Explorer I mentioned it to the cabin attendant and he promptly brought lots of Gilchrist & Soames products. So Explorer does have them.

They will only give you the "white tubes" now. Those are now considered the "upgraded" toiletries.
Do suites still get the better shampoo?

I've never had a problem getting the "white tube" stuff in a regular balcony even though I have less than 350 points.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

https://www.albatrosnet.it/en/bioenergy-b1.html This is the new Italian toiletry brand for high point D+ and above. "BioEnergy" I think it's lovely. Nice fragrance. I don't miss the old-fashioned tubes of Gilchrist & Soames one bit. However, if your wife does, she can always book on Celebrity. We sailed in an Aqua Class balcony on the Eclipse and that's what our bathroom had. I liked it, too, but not more than what we got on Royal. ;)

Does anyone know if the Gilchrist and Soames is paraben-free and color-safe? We'll be in a GS next year.

Bring your own if that is important, there's no way to know what they will have in the future.

I always bring what works for me. I never trust that "something good" will be available. If it is...that's great! I'd rather be safe than sorry!

I wish my wife would have thought of that! Unfortunately she had to spend a lot of $ buying a special type that is good for her hair at the salon on the ship.

We always bring our own toiletries when we travel. Takes very little space and we have what we like.

We are definitely going to do that in the future.

It just kind of shocked me that the hotel director told her that they couldn’t give her any because they have it “locked up”. Wow, must be really special!

Yes, I always bring my own but it would be nice not to have to, so that's why I asked if the Gilchrist & Soames is paraben-free and color-safe. Figured someone here might know. I couldn't figure it out on their website as to which products they use for RCI.

The bottles don't have ingredients on their labels. Too small. :D

Here's part of a Slide presentation we had on Mariner. They are cracking down on cabin stewards giving out upgrade toiletries. Even doing inventory audits. The white tubes are called Albotros

15c36e6167f09b592f685004de21964e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like to upgrade my own toiletries for a cruise, and will treat myself to some at home over the months preceding the cruise and keep them until we sail, usually something like L’Occitane, or a coconut fragranced soap bar, so that it smells like holiday! Sad yes, but it makes me happy.

The nicest one ever we received on a ship was the Bvlgari white tea soap on Celebrity, the smell is divine.