Birth certificate/marriage license

Hollister93

I don't think anyone will be looking at that, the only thing that matters is that you are using a government issued birth certificate. Not sure what the process is to get it corrected but you might want to check into that, at some point in your life it might be an issue. (And really if the two documents match how is anyone going to know that it's the wrong city unless you tell them.)

There's no reason why your birth and marriage certificate should have the same place name. I would imagine there are millions of people who live and were married in a place different from that of their birth.

As previously stated, just make sure you are also bringing a government issued photo ID which has correct and up to date details.

No my marriage license has a different city than my birth certificate.

So your marriage license has a different city of birth than what is on your birth certificate? I don't think anyone will notice (or care). We always brought our marriage certificate just in case but no one ever asked to see it.

There's no reason why your birth and marriage certificate should have the same place name. I would imagine there are millions of people who live and were married in a place different from that of their birth.

As previously stated, just make sure you are also bringing a government issued photo ID which has correct and up to date details.

Marriage licenses do have city of birth on it. The poster is saying it is incorrect as compared to BC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marriage licenses do have city of birth on it. The poster is saying it is incorrect as compared to BC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Still not reading it right. What the OP is saying is that (according to her parents?)she was born in city X, in state Y. Birth cert & Marriage license say she was born in city Z, state Y. Probably because to get the marriage lic. she had to submit birth cert. and they copied place of birth from it.

OP, do you have a passport? If not, and you apply for one, this is where you will have a problem. If you list the place you were told you were born on the form, and then submit the birth certificate with the different town on it, they will kick it back. EM

I cruised in February after marrying the previous September. I had time to update my passport and driver's license before sailing, so everything had my new name. That said, I did bring my marriage license and my OLD driver's license, just in case. No one asked for them. As someone else said, if you have time, get a passport. They aren't cheap, but they come in handy SO OFTEN for proving ID and citizenship. And if you speak to anyone who became hospitalized while in a cruise port, they will tell you how difficult it can be to get back home without a passport.

No my marriage license has a different city than my birth certificate.

Still not reading it right. What the OP is saying is that (according to her parents?)she was born in city X, in state Y. Birth cert & Marriage license say she was born in city Z, state Y. Probably because to get the marriage lic. she had to submit birth cert. and they copied place of birth from it.

OP, do you have a passport? If not, and you apply for one, this is where you will have a problem. If you list the place you were told you were born on the form, and then submit the birth certificate with the different town on it, they will kick it back. EM

Pretty sure OP’s marriage licence has a different city of birth listed than the birth certificate does, from what she’s saying. So one says she was born in City Z, and one is says she was born in City W. It’s possible an overzealous document checker could pick up on this. I agree that getting a passport is the safest thing, since there’s enough time.