Carnival trip insurance

goofy gopher

I go through AAA, who in turn uses Allianz. Each time I have received far more coverage with cancel anytime and no reason required and the total cost each time has always been under $100. That's for 2 adults and 2 teens.

Compare your options. The one through Carnival may not be as comprehensive, but actually works better for some people if they are high-risk for needing to cancel for any reason.

Third party plans through the sites mentioned above have a ton of options. Know what you need, and know what you are buying. Pre-existing conditions is probably the biggest thing to look for.

Personally, I chose the option of a good travel credit card that comes with it, and other travel-related perks.

I agree with those stating insure my trip dot com. They have a lot of good information on their website to help you make an informed decision based on your particular needs.

For example, do you need health coverage while you're out of the country? My health insurance covers me out of the country but most policies don't. If yours doesn't you'd want to consider buying health coverage. There are a lot of considerations to think about based on your situation. Do you want "cancel for any reason" coverage or not? Those are just examples of reasons to consider what you want to insure for on your cruise. Having options is a lot more helpful than buying blanket coverage that may or may not apply to your situation.

If you receive medical services on the ship- that will not be considered as out of the country medical care for insurance purposes so it is probable that most health plans will cover this in part. (it will be billed from Miami.) If you have to receive medical ashore, it is likely out of the country care. Even with this, I highly recommend travel insurance. It is not expensive and well worth it if you need it.

I agree with those stating insure my trip dot com. They have a lot of good information on their website to help you make an informed decision based on your particular needs.

For example, do you need health coverage while you're out of the country? My health insurance covers me out of the country but most policies don't. If yours doesn't you'd want to consider buying health coverage. There are a lot of considerations to think about based on your situation. Do you want "cancel for any reason" coverage or not? Those are just examples of reasons to consider what you want to insure for on your cruise. Having options is a lot more helpful than buying blanket coverage that may or may not apply to your situation.

Excellent points. We just went through the same argument and decided not to take any supplemental insurance as my company health insurance would cover me out of country and we were sure we wouldn’t need to cancel for any reason.

Also I’m finding that Carnival offered insurance has gone up quite a bit since we cruised last about 3 years ago

Excellent points. We just went through the same argument and decided not to take any supplemental insurance as my company health insurance would cover me out of country and we were sure we wouldn’t need to cancel for any reason.

Also I’m finding that Carnival offered insurance has gone up quite a bit since we cruised last about 3 years ago

You may want to ensure that you are covered for emergency evacuation by your companies insurance.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

You may want to ensure that you are covered for emergency evacuation by your companies insurance.

Good point. That’s truly the one area I wasn’t 100% sure of my coverage.

Can you buy insurance that is only for emergency evacuation if all else I need is covered ?

Our last cruise, my wife and I got our insurance through Carnival and when our flight was delayed by 8 hours, our trip insurance covered all of our food and drinks (which on a stressful day meant quite a few). They might not be the cheapest but the ease of purchase and the ease of claiming makes it easy for me to recommend it.

I have a couple of concerns one is pre exciting conditions how that works and also is amount of coverage high enough on carnival only 10,000 medical and 30,000 evacuation which sometimes could be a great deal more

We had to cancel a recent cruise due to DH medical reason and had CCL insurance. If we're not going too far from the US we use CCL insurance - if we're going southern Caribbean or European we buy independent insurance for greater coverage.

We were booked Early Saver. Between Carnival refunding tax, port costs and fun shop purchases (within 3 days of canceling) and the CCL insurance we had checks for the balance within 2 weeks of submitting the forms.

Compare your options. The one through Carnival may not be as comprehensive, but actually works better for some people if they are high-risk for needing to cancel for any reason.

Third party plans through the sites mentioned above have a ton of options. Know what you need, and know what you are buying. Pre-existing conditions is probably the biggest thing to look for.

Personally, I chose the option of a good travel credit card that comes with it, and other travel-related perks.

The plans through the sites mentioned are not "Third party", they are direct from insurer. The biggest reason we don't use CCL or any cruiseline offered insurance is that we want "Primary" coverage, not "Secondary" (which is what you get thru CCL). What this means is that your own insurance is accessed and used FIRST, with the remainder needing to be submitted to the "secondary" insurer.....lots of paperwork and hoops to jump through with a lot of 'finger pointing' btwn your own insurance and the "secondary" carrier. If the insurance is "Primary" coverage (which is clearly shown on insure my trip dot com), then they are the main source for a claim, NOT your own insurance FIRST! That means tons if you ever need to actually use the insurance. :eek:

I get third party trip insurance, specifically from Allianz.

I believe my credit card also offers some benefit there, but I don't feel comfortable relying on that alone.

Um, credit card companies outsource their travel coverage. May be same company you are now also buying from.

Here's link that compares coverage offered by Chase for one of their cards.

https://milecards.com/1588421577/what-is-chase-sapphire-travel-insurance-worth/

Um, credit card companies outsource their travel coverage. May be same company you are now also buying from.

Here's link that compares coverage offered by Chase for one of their cards.

https://milecards.com/1588421577/what-is-chase-sapphire-travel-insurance-worth/

No medical coverage. Given that medical coverage is what we have needed to use trip insurance for in the past, that would not work for me. I looked and the trip insurance benefit through my credit card is pretty limited.