BOGO 50% off Should I buy now?

So, I'm not sure how these sales work. I know that this one runs until July 1st. I have a group of people interested in a trip for next June from San Juan. Should I pull the trigger on this sale or are there other sales throughout the year? We would have to make a decision quickly but this seems like a good deal. Am I right?

So, I'm not sure how these sales work. I know that this one runs until July 1st. I have a group of people interested in a trip for next June from San Juan. Should I pull the trigger on this sale or are there other sales throughout the year? We would have to make a decision quickly but this seems like a good deal. Am I right?

Unfortunately, there's no way to predict the day of the best price. However, if you purchase and later see a lower price, you can get a price drop if it is before final payment date.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Purchase when you like the price.

The 50% off is old hat. It's been going on for so long it's boring. As Mom said you have to be satisfied with the total price and if it gets lower down the road you can get it matched, assume nothing changes in the booking.

The 50% off is old hat. It's been going on for so long it's boring. As Mom said you have to be satisfied with the total price and if it gets lower down the road you can get it matched, assume nothing changes in the booking.

Exactly!

I always book right away whenever I get an idea for another cruise. Couldn't care

less what current "fantastic sale" is going on at the time.

I simply do what many others do, watch for price drops and take advantage of lowering my balance due before final payment.

Booking as early as possible also gives you more choices in cabin locations.

Think of it like Macy’s, there’s always some kind of sale but it rarely works out to a significant discount. The best rate is usually at the very beginning of when they open up the sailing schedules.
This is correct, best prices have been lowest for us booking way in advance. I'm talking two years in advance, which is what we always do. The sales are never real discounts frfom one day to another most of the time

The 50% off second guest is being continued to at least the end of July.

And once it ends, they will replace it with something else such as 30% off each guest or 60% off 2nd guest. They have been runnng some sort of “sale” continuously for several years now. As others have said, when you see a price you like, book it. If it lowers later, you can get the lower price but prices don’t normally go lower.

I am new to Royal Caribbean pricing. I have never priced out a cruise where I had to be a detective to see how much I was paying. Even when your invoice is sent the math just doesn't work out. It actually shows that the second guest is receiving a larger discount than the 50%off. The problem is that it appears that guest one is paying more than it should cost for a particular cruise.

What I do, is take the total amount of the cruise and divide it by the number of days to see how much it would cost per day. If I'm happy with that then I book. The cheap parlor trick that they use is the limited time 50% discount that they perpetually offer. It creates a sense of urgency to book,which sells out popular categories and fills the ship. As the ship fills up the price for person one goes up but they can still offer 50% off the second guest and call it a sale.

We are booked on the Anthem for my DW's 50 birthday and we have some 20 somethings in our group. The cruise is more than what I normally would pay but we don't have to fly to port. If it were just me and my wife I would have booked Celebrity or Princess. I still have to purchase a drink package for the Anthem and that is just another hoop to jump through to secure a good price. I don't feel like I'm getting any good deals or saving money. I'm in the game not to be ripped off. That's not a good feeling. I probably will be hesitant to book with them again under these circumstances.

If you are booking a group cruise I would recommend finding a travel agent who offers discounts or on board credit. I never use a travel agent when booking a cruise but I did when booking Royal Caribbean. Usually I'm happy with the price I pay through the cruise line and I monitor pricing and call for an adjustment if the price should drop. Royal Caribbean is just a headache. They have refundable fares, Non refundable fares, sometimes they only offer a non refundable fare. It's just shouldn't be this hard. I received $250 OBC through my TA for booking a balcony room and Royal gave us $75. I'm just going to stick with that and not look back on price because if It did drop I would most likely lose the $325.

I've heard the kids sail free promotion will be starting July 2

Correct. Lots of blackout dates though.

*See your travel professional for complete terms and conditions. BOGO (“Offer”): Cruise must be booked between 7/2/18 – 7/31/18 (“Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing on or after 8/2/18. “BOGO” Offer includes 50% off cruise fare of second guest booked in the same stateroom as first full-fare paying guest. 25% off cruise fare for third guests and higher booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualified guests. “Kids Sail for Free Offer” offers free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, CaribNE, Canada, Coastal, Hawaii and Europe sailings departing between 8/31/18 – 5/14/19. The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between 11/17/18 – 11/23/18, sailings between 12/17/18 – 1/1/19, sailings between 2/15/19 – 2/18/19, sailings between 3/16/19 – 3/30/19 and sailings between 4/13/19 – 4/22/19.

The earlier you book the better. I find that the sales are all the same but as time goes by the original fare goes up meaning after the sale you’re paying more. We booked a cruise 3 months ago and now with the same sale going on the rooms are going for $800 more than we paid.

Correct. Lots of blackout dates though.

*See your travel professional for complete terms and conditions. BOGO (“Offer”): Cruise must be booked between 7/2/18 – 7/31/18 (“Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing on or after 8/2/18. “BOGO” Offer includes 50% off cruise fare of second guest booked in the same stateroom as first full-fare paying guest. 25% off cruise fare for third guests and higher booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualified guests. “Kids Sail for Free Offer” offers free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, CaribNE, Canada, Coastal, Hawaii and Europe sailings departing between 8/31/18 – 5/14/19. The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between 11/17/18 – 11/23/18, sailings between 12/17/18 – 1/1/19, sailings between 2/15/19 – 2/18/19, sailings between 3/16/19 – 3/30/19 and sailings between 4/13/19 – 4/22/19.

When will they offer kids sail free for cruises for next fall? That's what I have been waiting for.