Upgraded to Dawn OS 2 balcony (SB) #9006

Kbkcruiser

Greetings folks,

Leaving in a week on the Dawn out of Boston doing the Bermuda run. Just received notice of our upgrade to OS 2 balcony Suite #9006. I understand the Deck 9's are a bit smaller than Deck 10's. Can't find much in the way of info since the Refurb.

Any info and thoughts you could pass along regarding Dawn OS specifics would be helpful! It's been years since we did an OS.

As always, thanks for your suggestions and information. Really looking forward to a great time!!

I've seen pics post refurb. It looks nice. Carpet same as others with recent drydocks. We had 10006 a few years back. Overall great rooms with the front and side balconies. Bathroom is really nice with separate toilet, tub, shower. Closet is huge - we had 4 with our kids and plenty of room. Two safes.

You get 3 bottles of booze from the recently upgraded list, in-room water and soda.

Small bath off entrance door. Just two of you?

Oh, and you get reserved seating for the shows on the upper level close to stage. Some don't like it but always been o.k. to us.

Thanks Dexddd!

Yes, it is just the 2 of us. Looking for a few room service breakfasts, good service and a fun time. We're actually pretty easy on staff. Don't really ask a lot.

Do you select the alcohol ahead of time or when you arrive?

Thanks again!

Thanks Dexddd!

Yes, it is just the 2 of us. Looking for a few room service breakfasts, good service and a fun time. We're actually pretty easy on staff. Don't really ask a lot.

Thanks again!

It is also pretty quiet forward in terms of foot traffic.

You can do it before or once onboard. Since you are within a week contact them asap on Monday (pre-concierge desk) by calling. They'll send the list. You also get to pick various pillow types. If they can't get it done next week, not a big deal as the butler/steward will take care of it for you once onboard. The water incl. sparkling water should be there as well as a selection of sodas. You can ask for what you like if they have it.

You'll also get one bottle of champagne for that room (although out of NYC they substitute it with sparkling wine) but see if it is right for sailing out of Boston.

Thanks Dexddd!

Thanks again!

If it's a recent upgrade just prior to sailing, which it sounds like, then I'm not sure if NCL will have things organized enough to arrange the liquor in advance with you. Did you get an email about the Suite at all?

But as soon as you meet your Butler, she or he should have a list for you to choose from. Feel free to ask for "something else". Sometimes that works, sometimes not. Not sure if it depends upon the specific Butler, or someone higher up on the particular cruise.

We are planning an OS in 2019, when we'll have extended family (in another cabin), and the little ones can spend time with us, and everyone can join us on that big balcony.

We had the DOS on the Dawn several years ago, and although the view was amazing, including down the side of the ship, we really did miss the balcony.

Enjoy!

GC

If it's a recent upgrade just prior to sailing, which it sounds like, then I'm not sure if NCL will have things organized enough to arrange the liquor in advance with you. Did you get an email about the Suite at all?

But as soon as you meet your Butler, she or he should have a list for you to choose from. Feel free to ask for "something else". Sometimes that works, sometimes not. Not sure if it depends upon the specific Butler, or someone higher up on the particular cruise.

We are planning an OS in 2019, when we'll have extended family (in another cabin), and the little ones can spend time with us, and everyone can join us on that big balcony.

We had the DOS on the Dawn several years ago, and although the view was amazing, including down the side of the ship, we really did miss the balcony.

Enjoy!

GC

They finally improved the booze list recently after a couple times downgrading it. The list is actually quite good now.

Thanks for the help!

Yes did get an email. We had a nice Family Suite for DW and I but they accepted our offer and here we are. I'm thinking this particular cruise is not sold out, so hoping the butler/concierge team is relaxed and focused on clients.

Good thought on calling pre-concierge team. They had set up a number of things for us in our previous suite before the upgrade. I suppose I can just have them move those items over. Got to be a record of it somewhere.

one week! Fun!

There are 6 suites not sold yet but through bid process those will be filled this week, likely Wed. by past reports.

YMMV on butler and concierge. They usually rotate every couple weeks which rooms they cover.

They finally improved the booze list recently after a couple times downgrading it. The list is actually quite good now.

Do you have a copy of the new booze list? We'll be on 10506 in Nov! :p

I've got a bid on your cabin for 7/20 from a family suite with balcony. I think there's a youtube video of your cabin. Have a great time!

I think there's a youtube video of your cabin

LINK: Caution Loud Audio !

And another LINK:

Other LINKs:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=youtube+ncl+dawn+9006&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asb&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl

Will be in 10506 NCL DAWN sailing October 19 Quebec City to Boston - - -

Hey folks,

Quick question. I just spoke with Concierge Desk. We upgraded to the OS 2 balcony. Just wanted to confirm that all requests were being moved to new suite.

She did say I had a choice of 1 bottle of liquor. For some reason I thought it was 3 bottles?

Is she mistaken? Is it because it's just wife and I? or because it was a bid upgrade?

Any thoughts appreciated.... it's not the end of the world - we'll have a blast no matter and have the UBP

Hey folks,

Quick question. I just spoke with Concierge Desk. We upgraded to the OS 2 balcony. Just wanted to confirm that all requests were being moved to new suite.

She did say I had a choice of 1 bottle of liquor. For some reason I thought it was 3 bottles?

Is she mistaken? Is it because it's just wife and I? or because it was a bid upgrade?

Any thoughts appreciated.... it's not the end of the world - we'll have a blast no matter and have the UBP

It could very well be that the bid/upgrade has a different set of perks going with the stateroom ?

As for the cabin occupants that should have no bearing whether it is just the two of you or 2 more guests totaling 4.

Call the 800 number for the Concierge and get it explained.

All Owners suites on NCL ships traditionally get 3 bottles of liquor.

Yes you do have the UBP but the 3 bottles of liquor is a perk worth about $300 ***

and you don't have to go outside of your cabin to find a bar then carry the drinks back to your cabin.

Also the mini-fridge is stocked with your requests for mixers sodas etc.

But who knows maybe recent developments have caused NCL to cheapen the Owners Suite perks

by virtue of the upgrade/bid method.

*** $300 - 3 bottles @ $100 a bottle purchased by Room Service Bar-Set-Up

I forget, how soon before the cruise do we get the email from the concierge?

Typically at 50 days out you get the luggage tags and a letter with their contact info for you to contact them.

Cana Brava Rum

Bacardi 8 Rum

Aylesbury Duck Vodka

Ketel One

Fords London Gin

Tequila Cabesa

Dewars

Bulleit Kentucky

Jameson

Crown Royal

Campari

Cinzano

Baileys

Kahlua

Hidalgo

plus 6 wines.

Cana Brava Rum

Bacardi 8 Rum

Aylesbury Duck Vodka

Ketel One

Fords London Gin

Tequila Cabesa

Dewars

Bulleit Kentucky

Jameson

Crown Royal

Campari

Cinzano

Baileys

Kahlua

Hidalgo

plus 6 wines.

Crown Royal and Baileys really on the list now?

Crown Royal and Baileys really on the list now?

Received e mail from Suite Concierge with the liquor list of choices - that portion of the email said "select 3 bottles" which is different than what I was told prior to the email - so I'll select the 3 bottles and go from there.

Yes Crown & Baileys were on the list! Oh boy!

Cana Brava Rum

Bacardi 8 Rum

Aylesbury Duck Vodka

Ketel One

Fords London Gin

Tequila Cabesa

Dewars

Bulleit Kentucky

Jameson

Crown Royal

Campari

Cinzano

Baileys

Kahlua

Hidalgo

plus 6 wines.

Thanks!!!

We are in 10506 in June....Having been in a 2 bedroom suite on the Breakaway, Escape and Gem, the only was we could afford this suite was on a non-Haven ship. So, so excited and am thrilled to hear about how friendly this ship is. Would love to see some updated photos post-refurb, but honestly...most of my time is spent on the balcony so the color of the carpeting really doesnt matter!

Have a great cruise!

Amy