What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

We didn't care much for the upgrade so we only put in for the minimum $50 pp for a balcony to a mini suite upgrade.  We were on 3/17 Escape out of NYC.  Mini suites for our sailing were sold out and we bid so low so surprise surprise we did not get the upgrade lol

10 minutes ago, MDcruzin_24601 said:

Hi,

Sailing on the Dawn in 2 days. We booked a forward inside cabin on Deck 4.

Bid $50 per person ($100 total) for an ocean view and bid was accepted today!

Now we are on deck 8 aft! I'm happy.... 😁

right on,  good for you

Sailing on the Breakaway on April 21st, just received confirmation that we were upgraded! 

From OC (deck 5 ocean view) to B9 (Deck 14 spa balcony) for $175 Cdn per person!

I really did not think it would happen, my bid was in the poor category!

• Like 4

On 4/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, scubareview said:

I'm booked in a SPA balcony on the Escape to Bermuda out of NYC on June 23rd, I'm 80 days out and got my upgrade offers today.  These are PP prices.

Minimum Fair Good Strong Excellent Maximum
The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite  (H2) $1,500 $1,770 $2,080 $2,400 $2,730 $3,000
The Haven Owner's Suite  (H3) $1,500 $1,770 $2,080 $2,400 $2,730 $3,000
The Haven 2 Bedroom Family Villa  (H4) $1,000 $1,360 $1,750 $2,200 $2,500 $2,750
The Haven Courtyard Penthouse  (H5) $500 $840 $1,210 $1,590 $1,820 $2,000
The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse  (H6) $800 $1,170 $1,580 $1,990 $2,280 $2,500
The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse (H7) $500 $840 $1,210 $1,590 $1,820 $2,000
The Haven Spa Suite  (H9) $500 $840 $1,210 $1,590 $1,820 $2,000
Spa Mini-Suite  $50 $135 $225 $320 $365 $400

Now this is helpful! Let us know your bids and the outcome once the process is done, Thanks

23 minutes ago, Waverunner1 said:

Now this is helpful! Let us know your bids and the outcome once the process is done, Thanks

Looks like the same pricing for my June 9th sailing, my wife and I have bids in on 3 categories.

I have a question for those that have won. It seems like most winners are told within the last two weeks. Do you just reprint out your boarding docs, and luggage tags? I can't imagine NCL sending you tags if you win with a few days to go before the cruise. Did you have time to email ncl concierge service?

Edited by Laszlo

My bid of $175pp was accepted so $350 total. I saw the $350 charge on my credit card, along with another $430 that has been charged immediately after... Does anyone know if that's related to the bid? I have no idea what that charge is!

5 minutes ago, cbella82 said:

My bid of $175pp was accepted so $350 total. I saw the $350 charge on my credit card, along with another $430 that has been charged immediately after... Does anyone know if that's related to the bid? I have no idea what that charge is!

you need to check on that, they should have only charged your bid total.

7 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

you need to check on that, they should have only charged your bid total.

OK I got them on the phone, they made a mistake yesterday and refunded me right away, but it can take up to 10 days to see the refund. 

I was so worried I missed the fine print somewhere.... This was getting way more expensive than I thought :) 

• Like 2

Norwegian Epic Mediterranean Cruise June 16th, 2019 from Barcelona

Current Cabin: Inside Stateroom 9030 Category IF

The chart below shows each cabin category offered to me & the starting bids for each upgrade level up to the maximum bid.

I will update with my bids and if successful at a later date.

1942189464_ScreenShot2019-04-19at4_38_13PM.thumb.jpg.ac385319e3dce8b9b163be57a37421e4.jpg

• Like 1

This is my first time upgrading and I have a few questions that are not addressed on the NCL website. I'll try and keep it short.

1. If you put in multiple bids is there any way to prioritize them in an order of preference? 

2. Does a higher bid increase your chances? A rep at NCL said on the phone today that the bid awards are totally random, bid amount didn't matter. 

3. How do you see if a particular class of cabin is already sold out?  NCL rep today also said that what they show available for sale on the website and what was actually available were not necessarily the same. 

4. Here is a hypothetical... You have a balcony stateroom. Max bid for the Garden Villa is $5000 pp. 4 people are bidding, lets just say the bids are $1500, $2000, $3000 and you bid the max of $5000. If you are awarded the upgrade do you pay $5000 or something between you and the next highest bidder like eBay?

If these questions have already been addressed, I apologize. 

Thanks  

Edited by JAYNECOBB
mispelling

44 minutes ago, JAYNECOBB said:

This is my first time upgrading and I have a few questions that are not addressed on the NCL website. I'll try and keep it short.

1. If you put in multiple bids is there any way to prioritize them in an order of preference? 

2. Does a higher bid increase your chances? A rep at NCL said on the phone today that the bid awards are totally random, bid amount didn't matter. 

3. How do you see if a particular class of cabin is already sold out?  NCL rep today also said that what they show available for sale on the website and what was actually available were not necessarily the same. 

4. Here is a hypothetical... You have a balcony stateroom. Max bid for the Garden Villa is $5000 pp. 4 people are bidding, lets just say the bids are $1500, $2000, $3000 and you bid the max of $5000. If you are awarded the upgrade do you pay $5000 or something between you and the next highest bidder like eBay?

If these questions have already been addressed, I apologize. 

Thanks  

1. no way to prioritize your bids, unfortunately

2. It doesn't necessarily increase your chances because it is based on availablility but I don't think what the rep told you is correct. It is not random. They will take the highest bidder. If there are multiple max bidders, then it is random.

3. You can't see. One of the reasons is because places like travel agencies are able to hold cabins to sell. If they are not all sold, they will go back in the pool at some point. Also, as people win bids for upgrades, their cabins open up.

4. You pay the bid you provided, not just over the second highest bid. I just asked this the other day because I thought maybe it was similar to ebay, like you said.