What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I did bid on an upgrade for a June sailing .  If things don’t improve, we may cancel.   If my bid is approved , will that be refunded if we cancel? 

The temporary modifications to Norwegian’s policies are as follows:
  • Final payment for all June and July voyages will not be due until 90 days prior to sailing.
  • Up until 60 days prior to sailing, the cruise line will allow a transfer of the reservation to any other cruise that departs on or before June 30, 2020. The transfer voyage must be of equal or greater value, prevailing rates will apply, and penalties will be waived. 
  • If a guest chooses not to sail, the name change restriction will be waived up to 45 days prior to sailing. Name changes will be permitted for the cruise reservation only and excludes flight arrangements through Norwegian Cruise Line and/or pre-purchased travel protection.  

1 minute ago, kell113 said:

I did bid on an upgrade for a June sailing .  If things don’t improve, we may cancel.   If my bid is approved , will that be refunded if we cancel? 

• Final payment for all June and July voyages will not be due until 90 days prior to sailing.
  • Up until 60 days prior to sailing, the cruise line will allow a transfer of the reservation to any other cruise that departs on or before June 30, 2020. The transfer voyage must be of equal or greater value, prevailing rates will apply, and penalties will be waived. 
  • If a guest chooses not to sail, the name change restriction will be waived up to 45 days prior to sailing. Name changes will be permitted for the cruise reservation only and excludes flight arrangements through Norwegian Cruise Line and/or pre-purchased travel protection.  

I honestly don't think anyone knows. Before, the option to bid never came before final payment date. So there was no chance of getting upgrade outside the cancellation period. Now, with upgrade offers going out before the 90/60 day windows, I am not sure what will happen if you are awarded and upgrade and then cancel or move your booking to a later date.

6 minutes ago, kell113 said:

June bids were offered already?  Which June date are you sailing on?  We’re end of June and haven’t seen anything yet re bids. Thanks!

NCL would have a basis to keep the bid fee as the process clearly indicates non refundable. 

Unless they cancel or deny boarding it will be hard to push back for a refund. Keep in mind NCL doesn't get the full fee, the upgrade bid management company gets something too.

I would remove my bids and put them in place closer to sail date once canceling on my end was unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

I would remove my bids and put them in place closer to sail date once canceling on my end was unlikely. 

I agree. If you are considering canceling your sailing under the new guidelines, then you should hold off on bidding.

Sailing on Pearl April 8.  Booked Obstructed Oceanview (OK). We put in bids slightly above minimum for balcony (min - $50) and mini-suite (min - $75).  Others on our roll call reported getting upgrades with similar bids, although I believe they were in regular Oceanview (not obstructed), but we hadn't gotten upgraded yet.  With all the price drops and added free perks, we ended up paying to directly upgrade to the lowest balcony category (BD) for $13 (total, not per person), which also includes all FAS perks plus $200 OBC.  It was a guarantee balcony room, and today we were assigned our cabin midship, deck 10, BA category.  We are ecstatic about this, and will not be placing any upgrade bids for higher categories, even though we could now bid for a number of different Haven and non-Haven suites (and a minisuite).  Minimum bids range from $500 for a non-Haven penthouse suite to $2000 for Haven 3 bedroom villa, from our current balcony cabin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

Sailing on Pearl April 8.  Booked Obstructed Oceanview (OK). We put in bids slightly above minimum for balcony (min - $50) and mini-suite (min - $75).  Others on our roll call reported getting upgrades with similar bids, although I believe they were in regular Oceanview (not obstructed), but we hadn't gotten upgraded yet.  With all the price drops and added free perks, we ended up paying to directly upgrade to the lowest balcony category (BD) for $13 (total, not per person), which also includes all FAS perks plus $200 OBC.  It was a guarantee balcony room, and today we were assigned our cabin midship, deck 10, BA category.  We are ecstatic about this, and will not be placing any upgrade bids for higher categories, even though we could now bid for a number of different Haven and non-Haven suites (and a minisuite).  Minimum bids range from $500 for a non-Haven penthouse suite to $2000 for Haven 3 bedroom villa, from our current balcony cabin.

Congrats on your upgrade! 

$500 to $2000 that’s high!!! Wonder what most end up paying to win bid.  Didn’t realize they go up that high! 

2 hours ago, Jezo said:

If I do online check in does that cancel out my upgrade offer and lock me into my current room?

No. You should check in as soon as possible. You are still able to bid on an upgrade. 

Checking in as soon as possible allows you to identify any issues with documentation and resolve before you are left on the pier. 

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, kell113 said:

Our minimum bid from a mini suite to a 2 bedroom is $1800.00 for a June 7th sailing .  Fair bid is $2700.   

Is $1800 bid per person? Also is the 2 bedroom mini suit part of the haven?  Thanks so much!  

I put a bid on a few havens and a concierge cabin upcoming Joy on 3/22. With everything going on, I assume many will cancel so there will be more available to upgrade. Can’t decide if I should keep in my bid or take it off and just call about an upgrade. Hmmmmmm

4 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

If you are in the least expensive Haven cabin, what do the minimum bids to higher Haven categories start at for a one week cruise?

We are in an H6 aft haven for the joy on 3/22

min bid on 2 br H4 was $400pp

min bid on DOS was $700

we are happy with the aft so didn’t bid

12 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

We are in an H6 aft haven for the joy on 3/22

min bid on 2 br H4 was $400pp

min bid on DOS was $700

we are happy with the aft so didn’t bid

Wow....somehow I thought the upgrades would start lower that that if you are already Haven.   I'll probably just stick with our 'basic' Haven when that upgrade offer comes🤔

When we are in a Balcony they tell us upgrades start at $400 to several of the Haven categories (H5, H7, H8, H9)  To H6 Aft, it starts at $750.  

On 3/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, Beachmomm said:

$500 to $2000 that’s high!!! Wonder what most end up paying to win bid.  Didn’t realize they go up that high! 

$2,000 even if pp is not high for a three bedroom garden villa.

On 3/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, Beachmomm said:

The bids for the 3 BR on my cruise ( 5/11/2020- Jewel- Alaska) are $1250- $5000 pp.

On 3/4/2020 at 5:23 PM, Dina7 said:

Do you think there is a better chance of having a minimum bid accepted now with people possibly cancelling their cruises?

Wait until 3/11 or 3/12 when the cancellation policy comes into effect.

16 hours ago, Beachmomm said:

True. It is a 3 bedroom. 

Do you know of a good bid to move up to the Haven from balcony mini suite?

There are several Haven room types. Which ship? Normally mid hundreds is what I've seen reported as the lowest.