Stapling the luggage tags

Cobra427SC

Bought mini stationery set including stapler, for husband's Christmas stocking few years ago...typical man, he forgot to put it in hand luggage....even after being reminded.

Mini staplers are available for £1 in the Pound shops in UK and for $1 in Dollartree type shops in US....

Each hotel we have stayed in pre cruise, has always been happy to let us borrow a stapler. ( Usually fly in few days pre cruise)

We fold luggage tags, cover with Sellotape ( clear tape). Keep them with travel documents in hand luggage. Put on bags immediately before leaving hotel. Haven't had a problem (yet!)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074SZBZJB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have purchased these for myself and my friends who will be cruising with me.

They have worked out for me for two cruises.

I had a lady in line to board really like them

Thanks very much for the link. We've used the plastic sleeves with the long, soft plastic loops for years but had one rip off just before a recent trip. I used zip ties to hold the tags on since then but the disadvantage there is that they have to be cut off. Plenty strong though. I like the idea of removable metal loops.

And as someone mentioned previously, if you are looking for these plastic jackets, make sure you buy the right ones for your cruise line, as they come in two different widths. The ones suitable for Princess, for example, are much wider than the ones for Celebrity or RCCL, whose printed luggage tags are MUCH narrower. If you accidentally buy the narrow ones, your printed Princess luggage tags won't fit.

Agree .. just bought those plastic cruise tags from Amazon last fall for our South America trip this past winter and they are great. Plan to use in all future cruises where we have checked bags. It had been a while having large bags since we just use carry-on's when doing our past Caribbean cruises.

I have enough to put them on my carryon as well. Peace of mind in case I get separated from them. No worries on someone not knowing where they should go.

First of all, thanx to everyone for their suggestions. As much as we cruise, the Amazon tags might be best for us, tho' i have hundreds of those zip ties courtesy of Harbor Freight! Caribill, you forgot the %$#&*(*(& WD40! steve

Another vote for the luggage tag holders that are available on Amazon. Easy on, easy off. We also tuck a complete printed itinerary inside each piece of luggage before we start our travels, including cell phone numbers, making it hopefully easier to be reunited with any lost luggage, and we have a photo of our unique luggage on our cell phones so any searcher will know precisely what they are looking for.

My attachment loops are many years old & are becoming less flexible. To eliminate any possibility of them breaking, I purchased the thin nylon coated stainless steel wire keychains on Amazon with a locking nut for $0.40 each.

I bought a "batch" of the longer loops a couple of years ago. There are enough in the package to last the rest of my life and beyond. They weren't at all expensive. :)

We purchased the luggage tag holders from Amazon. Love them. No problem attaching them after the flight. My friend had a stapled tag rip off once and had to go hunting for her bag. These are also re-usable so a good investment.

We now do the same. They work great. Previously, we would ask to use a stapler at the hotel. We always arrive a day before embarkation.

First of all, thanx to everyone for their suggestions. As much as we cruise, the Amazon tags might be best for us, tho' i have hundreds of those zip ties courtesy of Harbor Freight! Caribill, you forgot the %$#&*(*(& WD40! steve

Having done the staple tag thing, we learned on our cruise out of Venice. On embarkation day we left St. Marks to get on the Vaporetto, (boat Transport) to the Princess dock.

It poured the whole time and when we got to the dock our luggage tags where bled so bad you were unable to read the cabin or name.

Go for the plastic cases tags.!! Cheap Insurance

don't really want to put the stateroom luggage tags on for our flight from Houston to SFO, so, can i rely on the luggage folks (stevedores) to have a stapler for those of us "who forgot"? thanx. s

Why can't you bring a small stapler

?????????????

Thanks very much for the link. We've used the plastic sleeves with the long, soft plastic loops for years but had one rip off just before a recent trip. I used zip ties to hold the tags on since then but the disadvantage there is that they have to be cut off. Plenty strong though. I like the idea of removable metal loops.

And as someone mentioned previously, if you are looking for these plastic jackets, make sure you buy the right ones for your cruise line, as they come in two different widths. The ones suitable for Princess, for example, are much wider than the ones for Celebrity or RCCL, whose printed luggage tags are MUCH narrower. If you accidentally buy the narrow ones, your printed Princess luggage tags won't fit.

When I first started cruising I did the stapler thing, which was OK, but unnecessary, and I always worried they'd come off. I bought my luggage tag holders on the CC store (look under "more" above), and they told me to be sure I bought the size for my cruise line's tag. I also use the store to buy gifts for the gift exchange at our Meet and Greet. The tags are great, as are the shower kits and the flashlight that is powered by winding it up. I still use it around the house.

I bought these tags https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Steel-Loops/dp/B017BVF8L6/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1530769163&sr=1-5&nodeID=15743971&psd=1&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags from Amazon. They have braided stanless steel loops to attach them to the luggage with the holders being heavy plastic. They have a seal to keep the paper luggage tag from falling out of the holder. After struggling one time to put the folded tag into the holder, I now take a pair of scissors and cut the extra folded parts of the printed tag off so only the top printed part shows folding it so the printing is on both sides. I have not lost a tag, had a tag torn off or had a tag destroyed so far.

I normally carry a tiny mini stapler in my backpack, but if you don’t have one, I’ve used the extra pieces of my airline luggage sticker I get when checking at the airport.

Just fold it over the bottom and go. Works just as well. My standard luggage tags actually tuck into the side of my bag so I’ll put a sticker in it with

Basic info so they can find me easily if delivered to wrong room.

Last Name

Ship

Cabin#

I didn't read all 5 pages of the responses but I finally broke down and bought those Cruise tags covers that everyone is recommending on Amazon. Totally worth it. They are inexpensive and they don't come off.

One of our bags has a Horror Story history about the Paper Tags. We were just about to leave with our entire family and all of our bags when a crew member found us and asked if we were missing a bag. We were! But there were six of us and we had so many bags that we didn't even notice. Someone's tagged had fallen off, or been ripped off their bags overnight when being transported and I guess they didn't see the tag on my bag, and assumed it came off of mine and placed it on. So now my bag had two tags! But they placed it in the luggage holding area of the other guests disembarking color. So I never saw it and would have left without it. Luckily princess was on top of it! I have no fear of that happening now with the tags I spent $8 on, on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

So hear is what we have done for years. I simply carry some Scotch Tape in my carry-on (which comes in handy for many things). Once we get our luggage at the airport I secure the luggage tags using the tape...which is very strong if you properly apply. Otherwise you can certainly ask the Longshoreman for help at the port, but be sure to add an extra $5 or more to their tip for their 15 seconds of help.

Hank

Before I got my clear plastic luggage tag holders, as pictured above, I tore off a few 3" strips of package sealing tape and affixed them to a piece of wax paper, which I slipped into an outside pocket of one of the suitcases, along with the paper luggage tags that had already been strengthened with package sealing tape. Before going to the ship, it was very simple to use those extra strips of tape to connect the two ends of the tags around the suitcase handles. The tags were always securely in place using that method.

Interesting read and people are resourceful! I've used my plastic holders for Princess and RCI, you don't have to have the exact size for Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, not a problem.

Before purchasing holders, I used packing tape, similar method to previous poster. I'm not bringing a stapler, not relying on paper, I've had my luggage out in torrential rain, paper would not survive. I never put cruise tags on until final destination. Living where I do, always having connecting flights, not going that route.