K-a-r-a-o-k-e???

John & Rosa

Do any of the cruise ships (bars, lounges, etc.) have karaoke on board? Here are a few of the ships I know that are going to Alaska in June, 2019 when we take our first cruise:

Princess: Star/Ruby

Norwegian: Pearl/Bliss

Royal: Ovation

Holland: Oosterdam

If you’re wanting a cruise with a younger funner crowd I would choose either Carnival or Royal Caribbean. They have lots of night life well into the night with excellent karaoke. The median age on most other ships is 65 and up with very little night life and the ship is dead by 10 pm. It’s nice if you’re wanting a relaxed, laid back cruise. But it sounds like you want to stay up late and have some fun. Carnival and Royal have lots going on late at night including piano bars with sing alongs and karaoke.

If you’re wanting a cruise with a younger funner crowd I would choose either Carnival or Royal Caribbean. They have lots of night life well into the night with excellent karaoke. The median age on most other ships is 65 and up with very little night life and the ship is dead by 10 pm. It’s nice if you’re wanting a relaxed, laid back cruise. But it sounds like you want to stay up late and have some fun. Carnival and Royal have lots going on late at night including piano bars with sing alongs and karaoke.

From one who, based on your signature, has very limited cruise experience outside of Carnival, this is an incorrect statement promoting a false stereotype.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Do any of the cruise ships (bars, lounges, etc.) have karaoke on board? Here are a few of the ships I know that are going to Alaska in June, 2019 when we take our first cruise:

Princess: Star/Ruby

Norwegian: Pearl/Bliss

Royal: Ovation

Holland: Oosterdam

I've been on all those ship classes and 2 of those specific ships (Ruby and Oosterdam). They all had karaoke except Oosterdam. In fact, I've never seen karaoke on HAL.

I've been on all those ship classes and 2 of those specific ships (Ruby and Oosterdam). They all had karaoke except Oosterdam. In fact, I've never seen karaoke on HAL.

HAL used to have karaoke once or twice per cruise in the Queen's Lounge before it became the dedicated B.B. King venue. After that, karaoke went the way of the game shows and whatever else used to be held there at night.

If you are a Karaoke fan, here is a bit of trivia for you.

Firstly, if you are pronouncing it "Carry - Okee", you have it wrong.

Karaoke ( カラオ*********) is a unique Japanese word.

Kara means "Empty" in Japanese

Oke is the Japanese contraction of the English word "Orchestra"

So Karaoke = Empty Orchestra

Correct Pronunciation is: KAH RAH O KAY with equal stress on all syllables.

If you visit Japan, you will see many street signs with カラオ*********館、karaoke kan. Kan means Hall in Japanese.