Is RCCL still stopping at labadee with all the rioting going on in port-au-prince??

Boo on them if they aren't. Since they have issued no official statement, one can only guess that they are and would want to let their customers know. That's all I'm saying..You are trying to take this simple statement and make more out of it...

So, evidently no one here knows how to look at a MAP!

Port au Prince is 252km or 156 miles from Labadee. Driving estimates put it at SIX HOURS.

By distance, this is the equivalent of wondering about traveling to Venice Beach in comparison to Tijuana.

By time to travel, this is the equivalent of wondering about traveling to Venice Beach in comparison to Phoenix.

No, the riots in the ghettos of the biggest, poorest city in Haiti will have no bearing on what is going on at a private beach resort hundreds of miles and hours away.

Crime is a problem in Chicago. So I would DEFINITELY be worried about my weekend plans in St. Paul, Minnesota!

Boo on them if they aren't. Since they have issued no official statement, one can only guess that they are and would want to let their customers know. That's all I'm saying..You are trying to take this simple statement and make more out of it...

Don't think they will be burning tires in their little wooden boats

This is nothing new, Haiti has had many similar long term issues before. Some lasted long time and most of the time ships still went there. But there also has been few times that ships haven't, short periods. When I had to skip Labadee instead we did Coco Cay once, Nassau once and just a Sea Day another time...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Royal is VERY aware of the situation there.

I have friends who just got off the Oasis on Sunday and she told me there was definitely a police presence while they were at Labadee. They were seen patrolling the island and constantly watching the open water.

She said it was a bit unnerving because she had never seen them there like that before...

So, evidently no one here knows how to look at a MAP!

Port au Prince is 252km or 156 miles from Labadee. Driving estimates put it at SIX HOURS.

By distance, this is the equivalent of wondering about traveling to Venice Beach in comparison to Tijuana.

By time to travel, this is the equivalent of wondering about traveling to Venice Beach in comparison to Phoenix.

No, the riots in the ghettos of the biggest, poorest city in Haiti will have no bearing on what is going on at a private beach resort hundreds of miles and hours away.

Crime is a problem in Chicago. So I would DEFINITELY be worried about my weekend plans in St. Paul, Minnesota!

:*:*:*:*:*:*

Royal is VERY aware of the situation there.

I have friends who just got off the Oasis on Sunday and she told me there was definitely a police presence while they were at Labadee. They were seen patrolling the island and constantly watching the open water.

She said it was a bit unnerving because she had never seen them there like that before...

Unnerving? Try walking through Penn Station everyday with military presence since 911. Manhattan is a death trap with crashing planes, exploding manhole covers, falling cranes, and terrorist attacks. I probably wouldn't even notice the police at Labadee.

Unnerving? Try walking through Penn Station everyday with military presence since 911. Manhattan is a death trap with crashing planes, exploding manhole covers, falling cranes, and terrorist attacks. I probably wouldn't even notice the police at Labadee.

And yet it is the most visited city in the world. Go figure.

So, this begs the question should RCI continue to use it's Labadee private location or think about another island like Coco Cay to develop? Hati is not by any stretch a safe country. RCI's Labadee location is protected by a fence and on the other side of that fence is abject poverty,desperation, and a government so corrupt that it could care less about the welfare of it's people. This is a question of safety for RCI guests and not a discussion on the people of Haiti who I'm sure are very good people. So try to keep to the topic.