Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

The cream of tomato soup that comes with a grilled cheese sandwich is really good there. Chicken BLT with yam fries wasn't bad either. We ate there after our cruise last month.

Sharon is having the soup and grilled cheese. She’s already tipping them back and checking her Facebook.

cb45fabd399dc432bdad943465b1fcc2.jpg

Almost at YVR picks and at pics from there.

9ded8af8b8ac728d0d7c4fd4400e6254.jpg

7fd54dcb4f26aabab38603069687bedc.jpg

30f11c7f7c532f6b2fdf16b80f80207b.jpg

Cool retro plane.

b057a4a049d310deef58c5c5b2ca0a0f.jpg

Owen did a project on Canadian art which featured totem poles.

cb9f2e2b72d3577fa32ad9f27ebda9b9.jpg

And soap stone carving.

0cd90f5db322fbfa654422fe4d4343a0.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Found you on CC. Will be taking notes. After 60 cruises time to go and see Alaska first through your eyes and then book one for 2020.

See you in Juneau :) :)

Emmy you have to do it.

Great trip report already!!

Cannot get enough Lucy updates :D

How about this sighting from 6am today. She was doing the walk of shame from the night out. Thankfully she’s fixed.

43f33fcff58611285687bb950f1e0dd8.png

On the plane. Hurry up everyone. Get to your seats already. Throw the luggage down below crew. We should have left 4 minutes ago.

All joking aside that we why we like the south bound sailing more, for a one way cruise. Travel at the beginning is fun. On embarkation day, you just want to get home.

I think Owen is the youngest on the plane so far. By the demographics embarking the plane I’m wondering if a HAL ship sails tomorrow. Lisa and I are port and Sharon and Owen are starboard.

75bd5c686589dbc445cb0acf99afaa87.jpg

We are airborne again.

e2bde74942b6f3366a797dcc8c82dadd.png

Breaking news! Sharon is now accepting drugs on the plane from the strangers behinds us, who are going on a Silver Seas Ship. The must know how to party on that ship, but she has only been stuck with me for just over 24 hours. The guy who gave it up is wearing a pineapple shirt. You gotta loose your mind before you can find it they say, but I’m not sure how that’s going to help her heart burn.

Oh, that was Zantax. I though she said she wanted something that would take her to Xanadu. Sorry folks, just a misunderstanding.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hey A and fam! I noticed that your land tour has the Natural History Tour in Denali. My advice is to "upgrade" your tour to the "Wilderness" tour, which will take you deeper into the park for a better chance to see much more wildlife!! We saw moose, fox, caribou, armadillo, goats, sheep, bears, etc. Definitely worth the upgrade!;)

If you haven't already, when in Juneau, take the 5-glacier tour by small sea plane including lunch at the wilderness lodge only accessible by water, where they will serve fresh grilled salmon!! OMG says it all!:hearteyes: The views from the plane were incredible and the salmon was, as some say, "to die for!"

Tom and I are anxious to return to the gorgeous state of Alaska someday and hope to spend more time there! Have a great vacation! CHEERS!!:cool:

Edited by SilkySal
spell

Did you pick the omelette?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No but grandma did. Pancakes for me with some sort of fake maple syrup gravey. There was a strawberry chutney with either sun dried cranberries or the devils scorn. ;)

We have about an hour left to Anchorage. Weather looks to be great there today. Three of us are wearing shorts so it better be.

From what I understand a RC representative will greet us, free us of our literal luggage and direct us to our Alaskan Limo, also known as a highway coach. It will then chauffeur us to the luxurious 3 story Downtown Marriott, where we meet another representative who will give us further details.

Details will follow for the virtual followers.

Funny that you kicked this off with a mention of Northern Exposure. I was on a mission a few days ago to find it online somewhere and binge watch the whole thing again. Not available on Netflix, not on Amazon Prime, no where to be found. I read somewhere that there may be a dispute over rights to the music used in the series keeping it from being available. Love NE and would very much like to watch it again.

Have a great cruise. Alaska is on our list and I'm looking forward to seeing it through the eyes of your family.