Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

So the bags are almost packed. Just a few items to throw in tomorrow morning. There is one medium each for us, but this is the catch. On the land tour, which you will learn about later, they can keep a bag on the bus for us the entire time. That way we don’t see it every night. That way be don’t have to deal with an extra bag. We have our cruise clothing and items we don’t need until embarkation day stowed in it.

Lisa has done an amazing job packing, while I have just stared at the bags and stood in her way most if the time. It is amazing she has not killed me yet, but she may have been close one or two times. That all being said we (really Lisa) have accomplished it.

We only take one medium sized bag each for the Caribbean and we have done the same for this cruise. All joking aside I am not bringing my flow board bag for this sailing, so it should be easier to pack the Stormtrooper tomorrow. However, that event might still lead to my demise so I best be careful.

801af32d369ef649abb005870b165883.jpg

01fcbd24b6d27c5ff9b6b248a6dd9c18.jpg

145a567882a24522797c9dd3c567b3a7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

P.S. I hope you had a great Hot Rod Tour, what car did you go with?

It was amazing again this year. Since you asked I will share a bit about this year’s tour.

It was 14 hours from home to Bowling Green, KY the starting point. A stop to the Corvette Museum was a must. The tour stopped in Chattanooga TN, Hoover AL, Hampton GA, Darlington SC, Raleigh NC and ended in Concord NC.

Seven cities in seven days, with anywhere between 200 to 350 miles a day mainly on secondary roads. The weather was awesome, hot and humid. Between late nights and early starts I averaged 5.5 hours of sleep a night. As a solo driver the hardest part was the trip home. In total there were 6,000 people doing the entire tour, called The Long Haul Gang. I am ready to go for next year.

This year I took my 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Here are a view pics from along the way. I have always said I love cruising, on ships and in cars and neither disappoints. I also found some great people and food along the way. BBQ is amazing in that part of the world.

Found this old building in Bowling Green.

d2c908aedaa6d36ae2b29b5ee9d7a3d2.jpg

I got to drive a couple of laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway at 70 mph. Amazing to think they go closer to 200 mph and inches away from one another. The track slope is something else.

cb44251afb565de01d1b35089f29a5d4.jpg

0ee2c447f5225dd8410ff5e22fd96440.jpg

I stopped at Talladega Motor Super Speedway and toured their museum as well. It was so hard not so say in my worst French accent, “Ricky Bobby where are you” while I was there.

497677c6c8cf5829c3c081a5e6b3deca.jpg

83724b4c918e6abb15380f3635aec0bd.jpg

I also rode in this car in some time trial laps. That and drag racing was available at many of the stops. I’ll post a video, as it was crazy fun.

53c155ac3bc888b439e445e87f7c368e.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

I got to ride in this 800HP super charged Dodge Challenger. It is set up for racing, with a full roll cage, racing seats and 5 point safety belts among many things. Eric the driver is a great guy that is go to know over the week. I was laughing and smiling so much that any risk was far from my mind. A steady cam would have given a better action video, but you get what you pay for.

2289d400cc723fe061896cd8276747f8.jpg

c977052661922d5121b02cc32ddec440.jpg

22cce761ae9cd5701a3053fbef960ee7.jpg

6439c261f4a0b0121d7279d651b41014.jpg

5969e948bff994c032ee6c4840812af1.jpg

4cb19b5c345500e7633e2dae08c3d96c.jpg

Lord, have mercy! Who let this hack start another review? :') Does Cruise Critic not have any kinds of standards at all? Moderator Bob! Asleep on the job?

Is Owen with you? Has he done Alaska before? What adventures do you have planned in the ports? Let me know if you see Sally Sue. This should be great, I'm ready for a good time. :cool::cool:

One things for sure, he won’t be finding a huge statue in a bar in Mexico.:D

Sorry for the deviation from one cruise to another. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming, Alaska.

Tomorrow we drive to Toronto, around noon, and stay over night at the airport. On Tuesday we have an early flight from Toronto to Vancouver, then a three hour lay over. Following that is another flight, to Anchorage. We have a long day of travel ahead of us. On Wednesday our land tour starts but I can tell you more about our travel plans tomorrow.

Tonight I should get a good nights sleep. There are plants that need watering first thing and a small list of things that need to be completed before we go.

Night all.

One things for sure, he won’t be finding a huge statue in a bar in Mexico.:D

And IF I happen to see one I guarantee I won’t pull the rope. I’ll leave that to Sharon. [emoji6]

just the tip, just the tip

See what we did there Maureen?

Hey, when did you start working for Royal.:')

I head to Miami HQ in January. Chances are the doors will be locked when it arrive, but that’s another story.

Edit to Add: by chance Miami HQ, if you happen to be following, that was a joke. Please don’t revoke my lowly status.

Can’t wait to join in (virtually) for all of the great adventures that you and your lovely family have planned.

Safe travels to you. (Our travel days to Ft. Lauderdale from the WC are always long. But so worth it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have fun! Hopefully Harmony hasn't spoiled you too much and you still enjoy Radiance. Would love to go to Alaska, so will be following this to cope with my PCD after 2 weeks on SY.

Can’t wait to join in (virtually) for all of the great adventures that you and your lovely family have planned.

Safe travels to you. (Our travel days to Ft. Lauderdale from the WC are always long. But so worth it!)]

RK, it will be long but so worth it.

Have fun! Hopefully Harmony hasn't spoiled you too much and you still enjoy Radiance. Would love to go to Alaska, so will be following this to cope with my PCD after 2 weeks on SY.

Thanks Joe. Your two weeks have me ready for Symphony. I’m glad to help with your PCD.

Following along. looking forward to your reports and photos.

I hope I can post while I’m on the ship.

Me too, mind in the gutter.

Wait a second, there was no comma in the title.;)

Awe... first time I have seen Lucy! The one thing I miss on my trips is my cat Panda.

0a3c81d92fadd68b7a3a8ca3fc2b797c.jpg

I have toyed with the idea of getting him certified as a companion pet so I can bring him along on the cruise. [emoji6].

Oh that would start some threads - me walking into DL or CL with my son and a cat during free drinks time [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RS, oh that Panda the comfort cat.

Bags are packed and it is time for the obligatory Lucy sink eye photo. How about a couple of them. Considering I don’t like most cats she has won me over. She must have been a dog in her previous life. She loves the rides in the truck.

ba1416327d79e7411275035ef51cfbb9.jpg

3e28782a37d31dce483dc65ede6ef890.jpg

9bc312badec679404c1e7ded9378cdde.jpg

I got to ride in this 800HP super charged Dodge Challenger. It is set up for racing, with a full roll cage, racing seats and 5 point safety belts among many things. Eric the driver is a great guy that is go to know over the week. I was laughing and smiling so much that any risk was far from my mind. A steady cam would have given a better action video, but you get what you pay for.

2289d400cc723fe061896cd8276747f8.jpg

c977052661922d5121b02cc32ddec440.jpg

22cce761ae9cd5701a3053fbef960ee7.jpg

6439c261f4a0b0121d7279d651b41014.jpg

5969e948bff994c032ee6c4840812af1.jpg

4cb19b5c345500e7633e2dae08c3d96c.jpg

Wow!

First, your car is beautiful!

Second, what a blast you had, we are huge race fans and car buffs so this is truly appreciated by both of us. Both speedways are great but Dega is hubbys favourite.

We will meet on this tour eventually!

Now back to your review, I have some catching up to do.

Thanks!

Edited by #55worktoplay

First, your car is beautiful!

Second, what a blast you had, we are huge race fans and car buffs so this is truly appreciated by both of us. Both speedways are great but Dega is hubbys favourite.

We will meet on this tour eventually!

Now back to your review, I have some catching up to do.

Thank you. It needed a good cleaning when I got back, but with all the miles I put on that is no surprise. There are a few other cars tucked away here but that is more of a conversation for HRPT than CC. Rumour is that the tour is ending in Detroit next year for its 25th anniversary. It would be awesome but it is just a rumours.

We hit a few tracks more on the tour, Darlington, Zmax Raceway and I drove by The Rock. It looked pretty sad and abandoned with the banners/signs hanging just like when they locked the door years ago. There are videos on YouTube and it looks like they just walked away.

53921fc23ffe136fa9997d9bcc354c16.jpg

I found Rutledge Wood again this year too from Top Gear USA. Great guy, very personable. HRPT is a lot of fun and well worth doing. Done two B2B long hauls and am ready for more.

1e347990583951654a4af625805ef2b4.jpg