Tell me your secrets!!!!!

amnorto87

Our secret to travel, including cruises, is straightforward.

We don`t sweat the small stuff. We go with the flow. We accept people as they are, we don`t judge them, and and we do not expect them to conform to our norms.

We practice MYOB.

• 2 weeks later...

After 23 cruises our packing list includes a few clothes pins, a travel size laundry liquid detergent packet for washing out underwear, a magnetic white board and pen to leave notes for family, a few extra clothes hangers , a few plastic bags of different sizes, chair clips for towels at the pool, a small sewing kit, small bottles of pain/ cold/allergy/antacids because while usually available at a ship store, theses items are much more expensive. Of course every one should always bring a good attitude because problems occasionally do occur- but really, does that need to be mentioned? Another hint, we never buy ships WiFi, we just go to a coffee shop at various ports of call, enjoy the java and get free WiFi.

BTW, the difference between shampoo and liquid laundry detergent (and body wash and dish washing liquid) is concentration and scent. The basic detergent of each of them is the same.

My husband who has a PhD in chemistry says : “ It ain’t so “. I have a degree in chemistry, too . Nope !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Amnorto :)

What my wife & I have to do/pack on every sailing for the past 33 years now might be considered a little outside of the box.

We must always bring a cruise journal along & prior to going to sleep each evening we discuss the days events of everything we did, people & names that we met & so on, and log it all down in the journal.

We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

When reading through the journals, the strolls down memory lane are so wonderful. In some ways more entertaining than the photo's or video we have collected over the years.

Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save & also relive the voyage...

Have a terrific day! Happy sailing!

:)

This is an awesome idea. Thank you for sharing, its priceless!!

My husband who has a PhD in chemistry says : “ It ain’t so “. I have a degree in chemistry, too . Nope !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny, I did work for a couple of large companies who make such products, and they use the same base detergent for them.

Hi Amnorto :)

What my wife & I have to do/pack on every sailing for the past 33 years now might be considered a little outside of the box.

We must always bring a cruise journal along & prior to going to sleep each evening we discuss the days events of everything we did, people & names that we met & so on, and log it all down in the journal.

We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

When reading through the journals, the strolls down memory lane are so wonderful. In some ways more entertaining than the photo's or video we have collected over the years.

Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save & also relive the voyage...

Have a terrific day! Happy sailing!

:)

I love this so much. I'm taking my daughter on a graduation cruise in May and it will be a first cruise for both of us. She loves art and writing and journals, so this will be a perfect bon voyage gift for her! (I'll get one for myself, too!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Take as little as possible! On our first trip abroad, the airlines lost our checked luggage for the entire trip. Fortunately,

we had cross packed a carry on. We were 10 days in Europe with only 2 changes of clothes. But we made it work by hand washing things in the evening in the hotel sink. And it taught us a valuable lesson: you don't need everything you think you need on a trip! Choose one or two basic colors of clothing. Black is my go to color. You can wear black pants and the same shoes to dinner every night on a cruise by rotating 2 or 3 different tops. Use the shampoo in your cabin to wash and hang underthings and lightweight tops. If you must do laundry on board, some cruise lines give you a drawstring bag, and everything you can fit in the bag is one price. Roll items tightly and stuff! Most importantly, if you take any medications, keep them with you, not in checked bags. I typically take a 10 day supply of antibiotics because European docs do not readily prescribe them. Untreated earaches and UTI's can put a crimp in your plans.

Our secret to travel, including cruises, is straightforward.

We don`t sweat the small stuff. We go with the flow. We accept people as they are, we don`t judge them, and and we do not expect them to conform to our norms.

We practice MYOB.

Did you mean BYOB??? That IS a secret you probably need to keep.

Did you mean BYOB??? That IS a secret you probably need to keep.

I think that's Mind Your Own Business.

We normally travel carryon only, and self-disembark, but being the organizer for seven other people in addition to DH and myself, I thought I'd bring a lot of cabin comforts and need to check a bag on the airplane. Once I decided to bring a bag, it turned into a BIG bag!

It feels very strange!

Funny, I did work for a couple of large companies who make such products, and they use the same base detergent for them.

I don't know or care about the chemistry but for about 100+ cruises, I have used the shampoo provided in our cabin by the ship to hand wash my daiinties. I send my jerseys, clohes to shp's laundry but I like to handwash my dainties.

If the shampoo is mild enough for my hair, it is fine for undies. :)

Always bring a battery operated travel clock.

Well, I have been on 6 cruises. I travel with my family- 5 kids (or how ever many choose to come) We make it a point to travel together. Like many here my secret is you don't need all that stuff people put on their lists. We each only take a carry on, no matter how many days we will be gone. We don't expect the moon, and are pretty laid back. Stuff happens. I don't care if there are no lounge chairs, no straws, no seats in the theater. I will find something else to do.

Well, I have been on 6 cruises. I travel with my family- 5 kids (or how ever many choose to come) We make it a point to travel together. Like many here my secret is you don't need all that stuff people put on their lists. We each only take a carry on, no matter how many days we will be gone. We don't expect the moon, and are pretty laid back. Stuff happens. I don't care if there are no lounge chairs, no straws, no seats in the theater. I will find something else to do.

Mild and mellow.............enviable .. :)