Room service breakfast - does this happen to anyone else?

Croose

The breakfast windows are in half an hour slots EG. 7 to half 7, half 7 to 8.

Regardless which slot which chose, our breakfast was ALWAYS delivered 10 mins before the slot we selected, sometimes 15 mins.

Some of you might be saying great, but it meant us having to either select a later slot or set our alarm half an hour early, just so as we weren't woken up by the room service itself and us being totally unprepared for it.

I know this is a bit of a first-world problem! But was this normal? And if so, why?!

Regardless which slot which chose, our breakfast was ALWAYS delivered 10 mins before the slot we selected, sometimes 15 mins.

Some of you might be saying great, but it meant us having to either select a later slot or set our alarm half an hour early, just so as we weren't woken up by the room service itself and us being totally unprepared for it.

I know this is a bit of a first-world problem! But was this normal? And if so, why?!

Has happened to us so we are prepared. Pair of shorts near bed and a few bucks for tip on desk and DW hides in bathroom.

I had the same problem until I stopped putting out the card the night before and instead called room service when I arose...it was delivered so fast I could barely get out of bed...an unbelievable 10 minutes or less

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has happened to us so we are prepared. Pair of shorts near bed and a few bucks for tip on desk and DW hides in bathroom.

I so have to laugh because this is exactly what happens with us! :)

OP I agree, they always seem to come 15 minutes early. We have had as much as 30 minutes. I guess we will have to starte setting the alarm for 20 minutes before we order it to arrive.

It has happened to me and I don't accept it. I ask them to please deliver as requested. I want the food hot and if it sits for half an hour while I shower and dress then I don't want it and it will go to waste. So far they have redelivered it again at the requested time. Not that it should make a difference but I'm usually in a full suite and have paid in the neighborhood of $450 up PP PD and anticipate relaxing on my schedule. After all don't we want to "Come Back New"

they are delivering trays to multiple cabins - not everyone can be served at the exact time...and what an uproar there would be if they were 5 minutes late !:rolleyes:

Isn't that why there's a half hour delivery window?

It has happened to me and I don't accept it. I ask them to please deliver as requested. I want the food hot and if it sits for half an hour while I shower and dress then I don't want it and it will go to waste. So far they have redelivered it again at the requested time.....

Gotta wonder if there wasn't a little something extra with your second delivery. :eek:

Most of our orders have come early - none ever arrived AFTER the window. We figure that if we point that out, we will have the already so-so mcMuffins just be cold. Solution: a cabin near the rear elevator, travel mugs that hook on your belt - and a very attentive waiter (me) - ends with a nice, hot meal. A second upside down plate serves the second person - and tools either grabbed the evening before, or stowed in a pocket.

Our orders have not been early but are generally always right on time. I think once it came at 5 minutes after. We make sure we are ready...or that my Husband is while I hide in the bathroom!

HA!!!

We've been doing it all wrong!

I answer the door & DH puts his head under a pillow.:')

Now you went and done it. Made a simple delivery into being simple. Can not have that.

Wonder how you ensure exact delivery times for hundreds of cabins at exactly the time they want?

Nobody said "exactly" the time. It is a half an hour delivery window. Do you not find it strange that they turn that into a 45 - 1 hour delivery window?

They don't read or care about the delivery 'slot' - it's just 'PR' - orders are processed in bulk and and sent out 'en mass'.

It is just as the Cruise Personalizer asking if you want your beds in "Twin" or "Queen" configuration. Your room steward is not given this information and leaves the beds in the configuration from the preceding cruise - there's a 50% chance they're in the 'right' configuration... and probably a 33.3% chance the pax will not complain if they aren't.

Way less work. ;)

I had the same problem until I stopped putting out the card the night before and instead called room service when I arose...it was delivered so fast I could barely get out of bed...an unbelievable 10 minutes or less

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is what we do too:)

Nobody said "exactly" the time. It is a half an hour delivery window. Do you not find it strange that they turn that into a 45 - 1 hour delivery window?

No one seems to be saying it is that large of a window. They are saying 10-20 minutes early.

No one seems to be saying it is that large of a window. They are saying 10-20 minutes early.

30 mins + 10/20 mins early = 40-50 mins.

So yes, it is that large of a window.

30 mins + 10/20 mins early = 40-50 mins.

So yes, it is that large of a window.

Requested time + or - 10/20 minutes is not the same. but our math is different I guess. You request 7 a.m. they arrive at 6:40 am that is still only 20 minutes. You request 6:30 and they arrive at 6:50 that is still only 20 minutes. But why quibble.