Luggage valet - cabin to home airport

Romy40

Does Princess still offer the end of cruise luggage from cabin to your home airport?

We did this a couple of times, and it was great - not having to locate your bags amongst the thousands, nor dragging them out and to the aiport, made

the disembarkation easier.

They also printed our airline boarding passes as part of this. Do they still do that?

I believe it was inexpensive too.

EZCheck is available in Ft Lauderdale (for flights from FLL or MIA airports) and Seattle (SEA only). But as the response above indicates there is an in-house program offered by the Port of Seattle that all but renders EZCheck superfluous there.

Those are the only two ports EZCheck is offered in. State regulations prohibit Princess from offering it in California.

Luggage Valet is an entirely different program that forwards your luggage by common carrier direct from your home to the ship, and vice-versa. Info is on the Princess website: https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp (select 'luggage valet')

Yes they have it for a select number of airlines. The cost is $25 per bag and you put it out for the night just as you normally would except you have a special tag that is pre-delivered to your room. The next time you see your bag is when you land at the home airport. We also used a princess bag service that picked our luggage at our house and delivered it onboard in Rome for our Med cruise. That was nice because you didnt have to take all your stuff when you are spending a week in Rome. Cheers

. The cost is $25 per bag

Actually the cost is $25 per person regardless of the number of bags. You airlines bag fees (if any) are then charged to your shipboard account rather than having to pay at the airport. If your ticket class includes a certain number of free bags you should attach proof to the EZCheck sign up form.

If you are flying Southwest Airlines, they do not inform you until the day before departure if they will provide the EZ Check program. They usually end up doing it, but it is very last minute that you find out.

But, it is the best $25 you will ever spend, no matter what airline you are traveling with. Our flight home wasn't until 7:50 pm and we were wondering if our luggage would be in Philly when we arrived, and it was!

In looking at your signature, your next cruise is out of FLL on the Caribbean Princess. They do offer it there, and here is a copy of the form they should leave in your state room, 2-3 days before you disembark.

To be sure you receive the form it is essential to have entered your flight information into the Cruise Personalizer before you board. They need to know the time of your flight is not too early (11:30 from FLL or 2:30 from MIA) and that you are flying an eligible airline.

To be sure you receive the form it is essential to have entered your flight information into the Cruise Personalizer before you board. They need to know the time of your flight is not too early (11:30 from FLL or 2:30 from MIA) and that you are flying an eligible airline.
We've used EZCheck whenever it was available to us when disembarking at Port Everglades and we had a flight out of FLL. We have never provided flight information in our Cruise Personalizer or have been told it was necessary.

The flight time requirements are clearly stated on the form. Any non-conforming departures will be rejected.

Does Princess still offer the end of cruise luggage from cabin to your home airport?

We did this a couple of times, and it was great - not having to locate your bags amongst the thousands, nor dragging them out and to the aiport, made

the disembarkation easier.

They also printed our airline boarding passes as part of this. Do they still do that?

I believe it was inexpensive too.

What you're describing is the Port of Seattle's "Port Valet". They collect your airline's baggage

fees, but otherwise it's free, and your bags move magically from outside your cabin door to your

final domestic airport's carousel. Both TSA or CBP can veto your use of the service, but I've

never heard about anyone who was vetoed. Seattle only.

Princess "Luggage Valet" is actually a referral to a company named Luggage Forward. They

pick your luggage at your home (or anywhere else) via UPS (or whoever). I tried them once

and was dissatisfied with their service both ways. The UPS driver drove right past our front

door, concentrating on deliveries, and forgot our pickup. Luggage Forward advertises tracking

of your luggage, but it was only UPS tracking and ceased when UPS delivered it to a local

courier service on a Wednesday for our Saturday embarkation. As sailing time approached,

we still had not seen our luggage and had no contact number for the courier service, so we

called Luggage Forward who gave us a not-so-reassuring "I spoke with the courier service a

little while ago and he said he'd delivered 'all the luggage'". The luggage actually turned up

after sailing, but I would *not* call what we got as "tracking". On the way back, we were told

we had to take our bag through customs and then turn it over to Luggage Forward's same

local courier service. We looked hard (about 45 minutes hard) and could not find them.

EZCheck is available in Ft Lauderdale (for flights from FLL or MIA airports) and Seattle (SEA only). But as the response above indicates there is an in-house program offered by the Port of Seattle that all but renders EZCheck superfluous there.

Those are the only two ports EZCheck is offered in. State regulations prohibit Princess from offering it in California.

Luggage Valet is an entirely different program that forwards your luggage by common carrier direct from your home to the ship, and vice-versa. Info is on the Princess website: https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp (select 'luggage valet')

I just checked the prices on the Luggage Valet for a transatlantic -- coming home from Copenhagen, they want $350 per suitcase. A bit too rich for me.

EZCheck, though, is quite a buy for it's convenience (let alone it's waiver of overweight fees!!)

What you're describing is the Port of Seattle's "Port Valet". They collect your airline's baggage

fees, but otherwise it's free, and your bags move magically from outside your cabin door to your

final domestic airport's carousel. Both TSA or CBP can veto your use of the service, but I've

How do you sign up for this? Do they have forms in your cabin? It sounds like a very nice service.

How do you sign up for this? Do they have forms in your cabin? It sounds like a very nice service.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

In looking at your signature, your next cruise is out of FLL on the Caribbean Princess. They do offer it there, and here is a copy of the form they should leave in your state room, 2-3 days before you disembark.

32443199364_1e18a18f15_c.jpgEZ1 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

33245097026_7a69ed8f99_c.jpgEZ2 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Yes, I know they offer it. I just said Southwest does not inform you until the night before your departure if they will give it to you.

We did it in Fort Lauderdale last February too. It was great! My husband kind of didn't want to spend the money as we are perfectly able to wrangle our luggage (1 carry on each) but it just made every thing that much more simple and no messing with luggage in the airport.

We love EZ Check. But, to fill out the form, you’ll need not only your flight number and time, but also your airline reservation #. Make sure you write that down somewhere. You can always get it online, but with sometimes slow internet speeds, that can be a hassle that you can avoid by jotting it down before you leave home.

We have used this service quite a few times in the last several years with Princess. My additional comment would be to check with the customer service desk if you don't see this form about 3-4 days before your cruise is over. They forgot to put it in our mailbox twice but I was able to get it at the main service desk.

We have used EZ Check out of Fort Lauderdale on both the Regal and the Caribbean Princess (4 different cruises). Each time. as we submitted the form, we were required to also show them a paper copy of our flight reservation confirmation from the airlines.

First time I had to go back to our cabin to retrieve it before they would take my EZ Check form. Brought it with me the next times. They took my airline confirmation and made a copy to attach to my EZ Check form, and returned it to me.

Told they experienced wrong information being listed on the forms. Passengers were very unhappy when they were not approved for EZ Check, and they would dispute giving wrong information. Makes sense actually. Just a bit of a hoop to jump through.

Agree, this is the best $25pp we spend each cruise.

• 5 months later...