How long for refunds to show on credit card?

I booked a 4 Night dinner package for our party of 6 and paid the total with my credit card.

As another person joined us, I wanted to add her to the dinner package as well. When I did that, the system told me it would cancel the existing package and add the new one in its place. I figured it would just credit the amount from the previous booking within the system and then use it to pay for the 6 people which had been on the reservation before, so that I would just have to pay one more package for the additional person.

However, the previously paid amount is now being refunded back to my credit card (but hasn’t shown up as of yet) and the system expects me to pay the new full amount now.

As I don‘t want to do that, I‘ll have to wait until the refund is paid out to me, before I can rebook.

Any idea how long it takes RCL normally to pay out such automated refunds and how long then until the funds are available again on my card?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I recently repriced a cruise after paying my entire original balance, such that RCI owed me about $300 back. So far I’ve gotten back $180 in installments of $70 and $110 on two different days about a week after repricing. Unclear when (or if) I’ll get the rest back.

Our experience on prepurchase of onboard stuff (meals, drinks, excursions) is 4-5 days for the refund to go back to the credit card. In your case I would have just booked the 4 night package for one person and had them added to the group once I got onboard. Would have been a lot easier.

I recently repriced a cruise after paying my entire original balance, such that RCI owed me about $300 back. So far I’ve gotten back $180 in installments of $70 and $110 on two different days about a week after repricing. Unclear when (or if) I’ll get the rest back.

Yes, usually refunds from Royal paid back in multiple amounts and as others said balance in about a week

Celebrity ( in the same group as RCCL) took 10 days to refund a cancelled excursion ( cancelled by them)

When it was shown on my statement, it said Celebrity,Paris.

No idea why, but I’m assuming that refund accounting goes through Paris, but maybe that’s just for Europeans.

I recently cancelled and rebooked an excursion due to a price drop. It took a week for the credit. Since you are using a credit card, why are you worried about getting the credit before rebooking? Even if your bill cycles and that charge is on the bill, the credit will be applied as partial payment for that bill.

I recently cancelled and rebooked an excursion due to a price drop. It took a week for the credit. Since you are using a credit card, why are you worried about getting the credit before rebooking? Even if your bill cycles and that charge is on the bill, the credit will be applied as partial payment for that bill.

It‘s a debit card that I just use for our group booking, everyone pays their part of the bill in it and I then use it to book the tours, dinner packages etc. so until the refund shows up back on the card, I can‘t rebook, as the balance is not sufficient.

Of course they take their time to pay back refunds. In the meantime they collect interests.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

When Royal cancelled our cruise, it took several weeks before the refund appeared on our credit card and it was in “installments”.:')

The few times I’ve cancelled an excursion the refund has shown up within 2-3 days and always for the total amount.

Sherri:)

The length of time depends on your credit card. I cancelled a dining package and purchased a different one on my RCI Visa and both came through on the same day.

Yeah that can be. Know I've used a Prepaid while traveling and is 3-4 days. Daughter used her Debit card takes 7-8 days. But both ours is always 2-3 different payments before reciving all of balance...