Guitar playing spots on board

lisakoivu

There are “ nude cruises “ real naked people walking around a ship.

Some guy playing an acoustic guitar doesn’t sound that bad.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gala night requires a fancy loincloth. :D On all of the cruises I've been on, there are not many fellow passengers I'd want to see nude. Walking past the pool on a regular cruise is enough to put me off the idea of a nude cruise.

Gala night requires a fancy loincloth. :D On all of the cruises I've been on, there are not many fellow passengers I'd want to see nude. Walking past the pool on a regular cruise is enough to put me off the idea of a nude cruise.

Exactly!

I'm just going to come right out and say it. Good electric guitar performances have gained alot of traction in main theatre shows lately, we've seen a few in recent months.

More importantly, the crowd is going crazy. I can't wait for the day we see Rock of Ages hits the Main theatres in cruiselines.

As for best playing spots on board for guitar, it'd be center stage on the K-Dam. That's where they should move the BB King review instead of blasting it up the atrium and more people could sit and drink and enjoy the show.

p.s. Ask the cruise director early on and give him an audition for the talent show....

Everything about this post is just.... wrong!:o

Fancy loincloth! I love it! Now that’s funny!

Oh Louis, you have such a talent for getting to the root of the matter. :D

Subtle, took me awhile to get it. “Root”. Well played, well played.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I just watched an episode The Love Boat, filmed in 1978, and there is clearly a woman carrying a guitar!

If it’s okay for Captain Stuebing, I would think it’s okay for HAL!

The guy behind her is carrying something strange and behind him are people with big hats. I think these aren't run-of-the-mill passengers! :D

8ff49e06fec753de64ce8abaf610a557.jpg

I just watched an episode The Love Boat, filmed in 1978, and there is clearly a woman carrying a guitar!

This looks like the 'morning after walk of shame' following the mariachi night in PV

I love the 70's

Edited by JRG

We sailed on the old Love Boat Pacific Princess sister ship and her stand-in Island Princess years ago which was recast at the MVDiscovery. Before we left we watched t old Love Boat episodes to see what she looked like, according to the TV version of "cruising". Indeed there was that circular stair case in the small lobby area where the guitar carrying passenger is descending.

Beyond that, the TV Love Boat was a total sound stage fabrication of huge cabins, spacious passageways allowing three people to walk side by side carrying on conversations, wooden deck pool area for ample lounging, two-tiered sprawling dining room with elaborate formal dress every night.

And of course an entire crew dedicated to l'affaires of heart of each and every passenger that all got neatly resolved before the ship came back to the home port..

In reality the cabins were 130 sq feet with tiny closet space and port holes with no room for long gowns every evening, the pool was basically a deep round hole that was almost impossible to climb out on the sole ladder, the passage ways were narrow and dining was far more casual with neighboring tables close at hand. So you could get involved in any affairs of the heart of your fellow passengers, whether you wanted to or not.

But overall the cruises on this "Love Boat" ship were wonderful, the 800 passenger mix was great, the feeling was small and intimate and what if offered was a love affair for special itinerary, high adventure travel.

Thank you for giving us a glimpse “behind the scenes”. I remember in my own early cruises the little very deep pools. Like swimming in a well.

I’ll bet the small cabins with portholes were the height of luxury. That’s how my first cruises seemed to me.

No tv, no telephone, very basic bathroom, it was all exciting and new.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the old Love Boat Pacific Princess sister ship and her stand-in Island Princess years ago which was recast at the MVDiscovery. Before we left we watched t old Love Boat episodes to see what she looked like, according to the TV version of "cruising". Indeed there was that circular stair case in the small lobby area where the guitar carrying passenger is descending.

Beyond that, the TV Love Boat was a total sound stage fabrication of huge cabins, spacious passageways allowing three people to walk side by side carrying on conversations, wooden deck pool area for ample lounging, two-tiered sprawling dining room with elaborate formal dress every night.

And of course an entire crew dedicated to l'affaires of heart of each and every passenger that all got neatly resolved before the ship came back to the home port..

In reality the cabins were 130 sq feet with tiny closet space and port holes with no room for long gowns every evening, the pool was basically a deep round hole that was almost impossible to climb out on the sole ladder, the passage ways were narrow and dining was far more casual with neighboring tables close at hand. So you could get involved in any affairs of the heart of your fellow passengers, whether you wanted to or not.

But overall the cruises on this "Love Boat" ship were wonderful, the 800 passenger mix was great, the feeling was small and intimate and what if offered was a love affair for special itinerary, high adventure travel.

It makes one wonder how we’ll look back on today’s amazing cruise ships in another 30-years...

They’ll probably be so big that you’ll step in he ship in FLL, walk to the back of the ship, and step off in HMC. The ships probably will be too big to actually move!

8ff49e06fec753de64ce8abaf610a557.jpg

BUT ....

All the men are wearing suit jackets so that shows how outdated this protocol is. LOL

Simple solution...have your husband reserve one of the meeting rooms on the ship for his guitar playing. I have seen one of the piano bar performers do this and with the door shut, he won't offend anyone!