Question about Titanium Benefits

captjohn

We are going on a cruise next month ending in Southampton. We are also "New" Titanium members . The Regent benefits page states that a private transfer will be provided from ship to the airport. Our documents show a private transfer from airport to hotel (embarkation) but a coach transfer to the airport ( LHR ). I know it's over 50 mi. but in the information the 50 mi limit seems to apply to a transfer from a home. We would like to have the private transfer as stated.

Do any of you have any thoughts on this ?

Titanium, 400 - 999 nights

• Everything from Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum tiers PLUS the following items:
  • FREE private transfers to and from your home to the ship (within a 50 mile radius)*
  • Or FREE private transfers from the airport to the ship and the ship to the airport on embarkation and disembarkation day*
  • FREE unlimited dry cleaning
  • Additional 15% discount on Regent Choice Shore Excursions, Hotels and Land Programs* (total 25% savings)
  • Suite ready at 1pm on embarkation day

When I read the included details the part about the private transfer on embarkation and disembarkation have a small * beside it, the same * bedside the home private transfer.

Could it be anything to do with the *? Jean.

It ( * ) only talks about the size on the vehicle depending on the length of the cruise.

*Single guests earn double nights when traveling at 175% or higher single supplement. FREE Phone Time is per suite and is in addition to Concierge-Level amenities. Gold members and above receive FREE Unlimited Wifi with four log-ins for up to four devices, that may be used concurrently. FREE Valet Laundry service is one bag per suite of wash, dry and fold services per seven-night segment for Gold members. Platinum member and above savings discounts exclude Overland Adventures and Private Cars/Vans. Titanium members sailing voyages up to 14 days receive FREE Private Sedan transfer accommodating 2 large suitcases and voyages 15 days or longer receive FREE Private Van transfer accommodating 4 large suitcases. Diamond and Commodore savings is combinable with standard promotional offers, groups, Society savings, onboard savings and national account amenities. Certain restrictions apply. Diamond and Commodore Member savings will apply at time of booking and is applicable to cruise-only fare. Guests achieving new tier status during their voyage will be eligible to receive savings as applicable. The exclusive activities for Gold-level and above members may be combined with special events already incorporated in our World Cruise or Grand Voyages. New tier benefits are available from the beginning of the achieved voyage and any applicable pre-cruise benefits will be available on subsequent voyages. Guests traveling under reduced rate or interline fares are not eligible for loyalty benefits or nights earned.

I would have your TA speak with Regent. The 50 mile limit should not apply in this case. I'm basing this on the fact that we will have a private transfer from Santiago, Chile to the port which is 70 miles away (and there is another Titanium couple on the same cruise that also will have a private transfer).

Thanks Jackie, that was just the information I was looking for !

One other question . Do you think we could sneak a third person in the car. He will be traveling withe us but is not a " T " yet ? Baggage will not be a problem.

Thanks Jackie, that was just the information I was looking for !

One other question . Do you think we could sneak a third person in the car. He will be traveling withe us but is not a " T " yet ? Baggage will not be a problem.

We were not permitted to do that when we asked but you never know - it may depend upon the driver.

Captjohn/John & Christina; first, kudos for reaching Titanium, enjoy/relish your hard earned benefits.

Next, we will miss you on the Mariner in November (Honolulu to Papeete) but wish you Fair Winds & Following seas on your voyage next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are going on a cruise next month ending in Southampton. We are also "New" Titanium members . The Regent benefits page states that a private transfer will be provided from ship to the airport. Our documents show a private transfer from airport to hotel (embarkation) but a coach transfer to the airport ( LHR ). I know it's over 50 mi. but in the information the 50 mi limit seems to apply to a transfer from a home. We would like to have the private transfer as stated.

Do any of you have any thoughts on this ?

You should get the private transfer from the ship to the airport. IMO, the private transfer from ship to airport is not subject to the 50 mile limit. A few weeks ago, Jason O’Keefe posted a corrected FAQ about private transfers. See: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56579729&postcount=13.

Jackie is correct that you should have your TA contact Regent to apply the corrected FAQ to your cruise. Her private transfer though is irrelevant to your situation since it concerns a hotel to ship transfer on embarkation day.

Jackie, did you change hotels in Santiago from the Regent hotel to an independent hotel?

You should get the private transfer from the ship to the airport. IMO, the private transfer from ship to airport is not subject to the 50 mile limit. A few weeks ago, Jason O’Keefe posted a corrected FAQ about private transfers. See: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56579729&postcount=13.

Jackie is correct that you should have your TA contact Regent to apply the corrected FAQ to your cruise. Her private transfer though is irrelevant to your situation since it concerns a hotel to ship transfer on embarkation day.

Jackie, did you change hotels in Santiago from the Regent hotel to an independent hotel?

Yes we did but only after our TA checked with Regent. We now have a 10:00 a.m. pick-up from the Mandarin Oriental Hotel (only a mile and a half from the Ritz Carlton which is the hotel Regent is using). It is nice to have these plans in place 6 1/2 months prior to the cruise.

The Regent benefits page states that a private transfer will be provided from ship to the airport. Our documents show a private transfer from airport to hotel (embarkation) but a coach transfer to the airport ( LHR ).

Don't worry. You will be pampered on board. The Destinations team will send you a questionnaire about one week prior to the end of your cruise and ask for your preferences. This includes confirmation that you would like the private car or van (depending on length of cruise), and what time you would like to debark. What is printed on your invoice is irrelevant. This is handled on board.

Heathrow is covered from Southampton. We did that transfer one month ago.

Don't worry. You will be pampered on board. The Destinations team will send you a questionnaire about one week prior to the end of your cruise and ask for your preferences. This includes confirmation that you would like the private car or van (depending on length of cruise), and what time you would like to debark. What is printed on your invoice is irrelevant. This is handled on board.

Heathrow is covered from Southampton. We did that transfer one month ago.

Since the first private transfer occurs prior to getting onto the ship, I don't understand how what is printed on the invoice can be irrelevant. Our invoice shows transportation to the ship - not to the airport. Agree that those arrangements are handled onboard.

Since the first private transfer occurs prior to getting onto the ship, I don't understand how what is printed on the invoice can be irrelevant. Our invoice shows transportation to the ship - not to the airport. Agree that those arrangements are handled onboard.

The TS asked about transfers at the end of the cruise. That was answered accurately.

Supplementary questions, if I may:

For the cruise on which Titanium status is achieved are you entitled to a private transfer airport to ship at the start of the cruise or only ship to airport at the end of the cruise?

Likewise do you receive the extra 15% discount for Regent Choice excursions if booking these on-line prior to the cruise on which Titanium status will be achieved?

Supplementary questions, if I may:

For the cruise on which Titanium status is achieved …

Likewise do you receive the extra 15% discount for Regent Choice excursions if booking these on-line prior to the cruise on which Titanium status will be achieved?

Can't answer the first, but for the second question, the answer was no for us. We'll become Platinum on a cruise next February for which we've already booked our excursions. Had our TA check on this, but no discount (10% for Platinum) in advance. Makes some sense, at least in our case, since reaching Platinum on that cruise requires that we complete another booked cruise in December. Possibly (and rationally), the discount would apply if you'd reached a level prior to booking the excursions which only required the cruise you are booking on to reach Titanium. I'm guessing not since that would require some very specific IT.

However, my plan is to rebook the excursions once we are on-board which I can reasonably expect would apply our new status.

Thanks Portolan & captjohn for your quick reply.

Guess that is the meaning of the small print that you kindly reproduced in post #3: "New tier benefits are available from the beginning of the achieved voyage and any applicable pre-cruise benefits will be available on subsequent voyages"

A few enjoyable cruises to go before we gain the extra benefits of Titanium but are so glad to already have the benefit of included laundry & pressing :D

I haven’t seen this written anywhere but as an added benefit for Titanium members, you get a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne, a box of chocolates and a flower arrangement on each cruise. If you become Titanium at the beginning of a cruise, just ask for the champagne, chocolates and flowers. They will be delivered to your suite.

I haven’t seen this written anywhere but as an added benefit for Titanium members, you get a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne, a box of chocolates and a flower arrangement on each cruise. If you become Titanium at the beginning of a cruise, just ask for the champagne, chocolates and flowers. They will be delivered to your suite.

Yes - what you state is true and is now always written on our Regent invoice. All we really care about is the Veuve Cliquot Champagne (:evilsmile:).

One thing that I hesitate to mention is about transportation after the cruise that you become Titanium. Yes - I know what the website says but our TA (one of the top Regent TA's) said that we would not get private transfers until the cruise after the one in which we became Titanium. Because of this, we took a 10 night Alaska cruise which brought us to Titanium level. Then, on the next cruise, we received the private transportation.

While I am not stating that this is a "fact", it is what was told to us. To insure the private transfers, we took an extra cruise (as weird as that may sound). So, the cruise where we met you in Bali was the first private transportation that we were suppose to have. As you know, no one showed up in Bali and we took our own transportation to the hotel. As you also know, as part of the "make-up" for missing our private excursion, they transferred us to the dinner on the beach in Bali (because we chose to forego the pre-cruise day in Bali due to the heat and seeing things that we have seen previously).

After the cruise, we did have private transportation to the airport in Hong Kong.

So, being fairly new to Regent and hearing various stories based on Regent's website, I still do not feel that I understand the whole process.

Captjohn

You have a range of experiences adding to this thread. Some newbie Titanium's have their observations and have opinions of TA's that are not Titanium and don't work "for" Regent.

I will give you my observations (not opinions) and experience. For example, on our last cruise, my Regent invoice merely stated: "Land Arrangements: Post- transfer ship to airport". The Final Cruise Vacation Summary document stated: "Motor coach service from SS EXPLORER to airport". This is typical for Regent documents. Sometimes it will say "private transfer", sometimes not. Additionally, if we do a cruise-only, it does not even list a transfer at the end of the cruise.

Regardless of what the documents say, or don't say, Destinations will schedule your private transfer before the end of the cruise. If we are on cruise-only (no Regent airfare) we still request the private transfer to any place of our choice.

We received the private transfer on the cruise upon which we attained Titanium status.

Hope this helps.

Yes - what you state is true and is now always written on our Regent invoice. All we really care about is the Veuve Cliquot Champagne (:evilsmile:).

One thing that I hesitate to mention is about transportation after the cruise that you become Titanium. Yes - I know what the website says but our TA (one of the top Regent TA's) said that we would not get private transfers until the cruise after the one in which we became Titanium. Because of this, we took a 10 night Alaska cruise which brought us to Titanium level. Then, on the next cruise, we received the private transportation.

While I am not stating that this is a "fact", it is what was told to us. To insure the private transfers, we took an extra cruise (as weird as that may sound). So, the cruise where we met you in Bali was the first private transportation that we were suppose to have. As you know, no one showed up in Bali and we took our own transportation to the hotel. As you also know, as part of the "make-up" for missing our private excursion, they transferred us to the dinner on the beach in Bali (because we chose to forego the pre-cruise day in Bali due to the heat and seeing things that we have seen previously).

After the cruise, we did have private transportation to the airport in Hong Kong.

So, being fairly new to Regent and hearing various stories based on Regent's website, I still do not feel that I understand the whole process.

I thought you cruised a lot with regent

after the bad advise from TA did you ask on the ship about a transfer

I thought you cruised a lot with regent

after the bad advise from TA did you ask on the ship about a transfer

We do cruise with Regent a lot - that was a typo. We have only been Titanium for less that a year - that is what I meant to refer to. It seems to take forever to learn everything about Regent and then people get different information and it becomes confusing.

We reached 400 nights at the conclusion of our transatlantic cruise last year (November). Contrary to what we were told, we did get a private transfer in Miami and opted to be dropped off at Regent headquarters instead of the airport (their headquarters are across the street from the runway in Miami.). The transportation was lovely ....... our luggage was in the terminal with the others but was set aside next to someone holding a sign with our name on it.

So, when I said that Bali was our first private transfer, I should have said our first private transfer to the ship (and no one showed up). We did have a private transfer in Hong Kong.

We will have "normal" private transfers on our November, 2018 transatlantic cruise but then it got complicated again for our February, 2019 cruise. Instead of going from the airport to the hotel, we wanted to go from the hotel to the port (70 miles away). The information on Regent's website was not correct this time and posters were kind enough to let me know. So, to make a very long story short, we have the private transfer to the port in February and it is from a non-Regent hotel (another thing I was told by a poster that we probably couldn't do).

In any case, this is a learning process....... just like the past 14 years have been for us - trying to remember as much as possible about Regent so that I can share it with others. People on CC give the best information they can -- either based on experience or based on what is written on the Regent website. Sometimes the poster is wrong -- sometimes the website is wrong and one time our TA was wrong. I pretty much roll with the punches since I also try to give accurate information to posters but at times misremember or a policy has changed.

Hopefully next year I will be able to give accurate information about being Titanium.

P.S. I have also heard that the private transfers only "work" 95% of the time. Go figure!