ISO a humidifier recommendation - with thanks

Angeladances

Hello everyone...:)

I am in search of a tiny travel humidifier that someone out there has tried and can recommend? I guess they have to be allowed and can use them on board a Celebrity ship. I have easy access to amazon.ca so maybe something on there?

Thank you for your help with this... :):):)

:D

I wouldn't necessarily assume that a humidifier "has to be allowed". The various cruise lines (and Celebrity, in particular) prohibit all sorts of electrical devices -- especially those deemed to be fire hazards. The one exception would be if it is somehow an approved medical device (like a CPAP). But, you would need to take that up with the Special Needs department, before you sail. Not to be too nosy, but where are you cruising, that you would need a humidifier in your cabin? If your itinerary is the Caribbean, or the Bahamas, Mother Nature will supply all the humidity you need, :cool:

Not to be too nosy, but where are you cruising, that you would need a humidifier in your cabin? If your itinerary is the Caribbean, or the Bahamas, Mother Nature will supply all the humidity you need, :cool:

OR the Med, or the Pacific... you're on the ocean, or in a port close to the ocean.

Now, I understand that some people require extra humidity due to respiratory considerations, but I can't say that I've found ship's cabin air particularly dry. There's a reason why the clothes you launder in the sink take forever to dry. Then there's the question of power supply. The only outlets are on the other side of the cabin from the nightstand. You would have to request that the ship supply you with an extention cord long enough to reach.

One further thing- as with all travel appliances, check to see that it is dual voltage. Otherwise you'll burn it out and possibly start a fire if you plug it into a 220v outlet when it's only wired for 110. (Thinking of pre/post cruise hotels outside North America )

Hello everyone...:)

I am in search of a tiny travel humidifier that someone out there has tried and can recommend? I guess they have to be allowed and can use them on board a Celebrity ship. I have easy access to amazon.ca so maybe something on there?

Thank you for your help with this... :):):)

no it does not HAVE to be allowed. many electronics are banned for a variety of reasons( irons, coffee makers, etc) iff you can find a battery operated one, go for that version against the possibility any plug in one would be confiscated.

I personally find the ambient humidity is sufficient( unlike air travel)

If you can't bring a humidifier on board, consider hanging your wet (NOT dripping) bathing suit or washed undies in the cabin. They usually dry overnight. They will probably not dry in the bathroom though. I bring plastic hangers.

If it is a "cool mist" humidifier, without a heating element, it may be allowed, depending on how much you argue with the screeners. If it is a "vaporizer" that uses heat to create humidity, then it will not be allowed.