taxi fare Tampa

Bookited

Google of "Tampa taxi rates" gives:

Taxi service by Yellow Cab and United Cab is available at the curbside outside the Baggage Claim Level. Both companies charge the same fares: $2.50, plus $2.40 per mile. The minimum fee from the airport is $18. There is a flat rate fee of $28 to downtown Tampa and the cruise terminal.

Also:

TAMPA — Getting dropped off or picked up in an Uber or Lyft is legal now at Tampa International Airport, and those ridesharing companies are paying the airport to do so. ... User fees for ground transportation is used at many other major airports, including Orlando International Airport.

For those staying overnight at Hyatt Place by the airport, they offer a good shuttle deal - $40 roundtrip for two. Best part is that on return, you do not have to go back to the hotel, but rather they will take you directly to the airport. They are very quick on picking you up also, just call and 10/15 minutes they are there.

Free shuttle to/from hotel/airport.

You might note several times we mentioned the rate is FIXED or FLAT. Not a metered rate.
But is it also a flat rate from the port to the airport as the OP asked? It is about 10.5 miles according to Google maps, so if it is metered going back to the airport that would be 2.50+11*2.40, or $28.90

CruiserBruce seems to know it all - perhaps he can help..:confused:

But is it also a flat rate from the port to the airport as the OP asked? It is about 10.5 miles according to Google maps, so if it is metered going back to the airport that would be 2.50+11*2.40, or $28.90

IIRC, yes it is. Again, best to confirm on the Florida Departures board.

That was such a helpful comment...good for you.

$25? $28? $23? Really??? After paying an average of, let's say on the low end, $3500 for a 7-day cruise for 2 persons, why are so may people concerned with the cost of a taxi representing not even 1% of the total?

$25? $28? $23? Really??? After paying an average of, let's say on the low end, $3500 for a 7-day cruise for 2 persons, why are so may people concerned with the cost of a taxi representing not even 1% of the total?

Agree. Thanks for putting it in perspective.

True, except that it is nice to know what to expect. Personally, I hate being "ripped off", even if the amount is not alot. When the driver gets me there for what I know is the correct amount, I always add a bit extra to the tip, to let them know I appreciate them being honest.

It has been my experience that Uber or Lyft are less expensive and a nicer ride. Usually just a few minutes from entering in your request (in the app) to pickup time. Last time I checked it was about $19.00 for the ride from airport to port- and the UberX holds 4 passengers. We use them for every cruise. 👍