Full Ship Charters, Star Trek and Diamond

Star Trek the Cruise is chartering Explorer in March 2020 for an all ship Star Trek cruise. I am a Diamond member, do they still have the Diamond Club open during full charters, and the three drink per happy hours. I am guessing NO Diamond perks for full charters, but just checking.

th?id=OIP.IX6QXiZlAxYipFv3D_EZlAHaFj

I don't see why they would suspend the perks due to a full charter. I'm sure there are other C&A members that sail on chartered cruises.

But since I'm nowhere near that level as of yet I'll defer to those who may have more knowledge on the subject. :)

th?id=OIP.IX6QXiZlAxYipFv3D_EZlAHaFj

I don't see why they would suspend the perks due to a full charter. I'm sure there are other C&A members that sail on chartered cruises.

But since I'm nowhere near that level as of yet I'll defer to those who may have more knowledge on the subject. :)

If they're using the lounges for other things. Say for the VIPs or something. Full charters have pretty much full reign to do what they want.

I don't know the answer, but wouldn't be surprised if it's no.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Star Trek the Cruise is chartering Explorer in March 2020 for an all ship Star Trek cruise. I am a Diamond member, do they still have the Diamond Club open during full charters, and the three drink per happy hours. I am guessing NO Diamond perks for full charters, but just checking.

You would have to contact the charter company because if those perks are to be provided, they must be paid by the charter company.

Interesting, they have done NCL mainly lately. Any cast list yet?

I’ve been on lots of charters. As said above, the charter contract has to include the C&A perks or they aren’t offered. The lounges are usually reserved for VIPs only, such as any Star Trek actors on this cruise. I did get cruise points because the charter groups allowed it. Even the three free drinks were not allowed. I remember that one because the bar staff was instructed to tell any Diamond, D plus, Pinnacle member that fact when we ordered a first drink once onboard. About the only things a charter group can’t dictate are ship operations and safety requirements. On the last two charter cruises I did, the LA took those days off and had no office hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So far I don't see any openings in Explorer's schedule for March 2020. Are you sure it's a full ship charter?

I’ve been on lots of charters. As said above, the charter contract has to include the C&A perks or they aren’t offered. The lounges are usually reserved for VIPs only, such as any Star Trek actors on this cruise. I did get cruise points because the charter groups allowed it. Even the three free drinks were not allowed. I remember that one because the bar staff was instructed to tell any Diamond, D plus, Pinnacle member that fact when we ordered a first drink once onboard. About the only things a charter group can’t dictate are ship operations and safety requirements. On the last two charter cruises I did, the LA took those days off and had no office hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ywria.jpg

On the Back to the 80s Charter on Navigator in May the Diamond Lounge was open and also the 3 drinks were on the sea pass card and also got C&A points too. The Suite Lounge was not open as it was being used as a ‘Green Room’ for the performers.

Cheers!

Joan

So far I don't see any openings in Explorer's schedule for March 2020. Are you sure it's a full ship charter?

They have been selling out similar size NCL ships in the past 3 years.

What date in March 2020 will they charter?:confused:

Did not find any information on that.....

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Full Cahrters usually suspend all perks during the cruise. Everything is run by the charter company.

Interesting. We've been on at least 12 full charters in the last eight years on Royal Caribbean ships and have received nearly all the Diamond/Diamond Plus perks: Lounge (Diamond/Concierge/Suite) access, free drinks (both in the lounges and on our SeaPass cards), free photos, internet and laundry specials upon request. Although the Next Cruise wasn't officially "on duty "since the space was being used by the charter staff, we could request an appointment with them via Guest Services if we wanted to book another cruise. Ditto for Loyalty Ambassador - available upon specific request, although understandably there was no Top Tier party or meal with an officer.

Our most recent charter was the Dave Koz jazz cruise (Baltics) in May 2018.

the ST cruise date on Explorer is listed as March 1-8, 2020

Interesting, those dates would affect two different cruises right now.

Ellen - two possibilities for cruise cancellation OBC!