how crowded are the beaches on labadee?

We always go to Nellie's beach, our favorite place. the beach by the zip line is very, very rocky. Nellie's is not rocky, easy to get in/out of the water. We don't go to Columbus, but I know some people like it down there also.

Last month we were at Labadee for the fourth time, and Columbus Cove was the most crowded I've ever seen it. We headed out right after breakfast and had difficulty getting a spot in the shade, which has never been a problem before. Granted, we were on the Anthem, which is a big ship, but two previous stops were also on the same ship.

Was there last week on Anthem, over 5,000 passengers. Nellie's didn't fill up until 11am. Later there were still large empty areas under the trees away from beach.

On prior Anthem cruise two June's back Freedom class ship (Indy?) was in port with us at Labadee. That's over 8,000 passengers. Beaches didn't feel overly crowded then either.

We usually go to Columbus Cove and it has never been really crowded. I would try to get there relatively early to find a spot in the shade. There is a lunch buffet station right there also and a tram which will take you almost all the way to and from the ship. The water is calm and there is usually music by local musicians. A very pleasant beach day! :D

We were on Harmony in July with approximately 6700 passengers. For our family of six, the bungalow on Columbus Cove worked out really nice. It was a hot, hot day and Labadee was packed, especially the Columbus Cove area and the Columbus Cove beach. With six people, the private swim area, and the attendant I think it was well worth the price. We had a secure place to leave our stuff when some of us did an excursion, walked around or went to lunch. The attendant also gave us a nice heads up when lunch was almost ready, so we beat the crowd. Not sure if it would be worth it for 2-4 people.

The attendant was great keeping us in Labadoozies!!

Jim