Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Thanks Mysty.

Love the cat photo and sentiment.

Sent it to DD.

When she was little she had to wear a uniform to school and finding 2 matching socks was always an issue. It wasn't the color, because they were all white, but the length of the socks, which were supposed to be knee high. Somehow DD would always find two socks of differing lengths ( even though the socks were matched together by me post laundry).

Dr spins would send her back to her room to find matches! 

By the end of the trying school day one sock was always at her ankle and the other halfway down her leg. Too funny.

The sock trials are often referred to at family events along with other tales of the Spin household. 

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/10/2020 at 9:09 PM, spinnaker2 said:

Ok.

I just want a lot of ground up chicken on lettuce leaves.

Or those labne things

😋

Oh, I made "eggrolls" in the instantpot with ground chicken, they were amazing!!!!   Think the insides of eggrolls, without the wrapper and frying (which is my personal favorite part of eggrolls).  

• Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, jpalbny said:

Well, that's a fine piece of news. We both have EDLs. We got them a few years ago back, ahead of time, to prepare for the issue about Real ID and flying domestically. Didn't realize that you could use them to cross into Canada. Now, will I remember that in another 10 years, when we're renewing passports again? 😉

Glad I could help.  Once in awhile, I know stuff! 😆   So, we're having "the talk" this weekend about whether we're going to cancel our upcoming cruise/landtour in May due to COVID.   Any guidance?

48 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Glad I could help.  Once in awhile, I know stuff! 😆   So, we're having "the talk" this weekend about whether we're going to cancel our upcoming cruise/landtour in May due to COVID.   Any guidance?

Yikes. Any advice I can offer will be out of date by the time I post it.

For our June trip to China, we will wait until A&K cancels - I am convinced that they will, unfortunately - and figure it out then. There isn't much benefit to canceling early, IMO.

It's not like we can predict a safer location, at this time, for a trip in June. Antarctica seems safe now, but it's going to be chilly there in June... 😉. We will probably have to wait until the last minute. 

Where are you going in May? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look.

Thanks JP!  We are planning on heading to Vancouver for an Alaskan cruise and then Canadian Rockies.  Celebrity is offering a very liberal cancellation/postponement option.  Between the two flights, cruiseship, train, hotels, and two flights home, there's a whole lot of exposure possibilty.  But that being said, lots can happen between now and May 16th on the containment front.  In light of my medical excitement in December, I think Jeremy is just being overly cautious, but then again what do I know, I'm still slightly scrambled.

I have officially cancelled both my TA and my River cruise:classic_sad:.  I just kept thinking April 6th is right around the corner

and at this point  it is the best thing for me to do.    I have to say, I am disappointed....after retirement, the surgery,

the treatments....I was ready to go away.  Oh well.   I can tell you, at least I have 2 large credits for future cruises

so that is always a good thing:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Hearing the news that a pax on JetBlue tested positive and was told before the flight left  and then he stayed on the flight!!! Exposing all those pax aboard on way to Palm Beach Airport..

Is this person unbelievably selfish or in denial or ????

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I have officially cancelled both my TA and my River cruise:classic_sad:.  I just kept thinking April 6th is right around the corner

and at this point  it is the best thing for me to do.    I have to say, I am disappointed....after retirement, the surgery,

the treatments....I was ready to go away.  Oh well.   I can tell you, at least I have 2 large credits for future cruises

Sorry to hear that, but I agree it was in your best interest with radiation and all.  Hopefully this all blows over quickly, and the cruiselines/travel industry will be having some serious deals when there is an "all clear".

31 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Jan

Please share your recipe for the egg rolls!

Thinking I could use instant pot and then air fryer?

1lb ground chicken, pork, or turkey

16oz coleslaw mix - or shredded cabbage

5 cloves of garlic minced

1tsp ground ginger

1/4 cup chicken stock

1/4 cup soy sauce (I use Braggs amino)

1 tbsp seasame oil (or some other oil)

Mix the stock, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and oil, set aside.

Open Instantpot, and put on saute.  Add ground meat and cook, stirring occassionally for 5 minutes (until cooked thru)

Add coleslaw mix and stock mix to the Instantpot

Close Instantpot, set manual for 0 minutes

When the timer beeps, quick release and stir well.

You can top with chopped green onions, serve in a bowl, or over rice, or put in eggroll wrappers and attempt the airfryer route.

The flavors were really perfect and honestly were fantastic as is, without any other condiments.  I had a small container of Quinoa in the freezer, so I pulled that out, and spooned this over it.   Very healthy meal, quick and easy, and unfortunately there were no leftovers.  I'm going to add to our regular week rotation, along with salmon, and a cobb salad.   It sure does make grocery shopping a lot easier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Hearing the news that a pax on JetBlue tested positive and was told before the flight left  and then he stayed on the flight!!! Exposing all those pax aboard on way to Palm Beach Airport..

Perhaps he didn't breathe the entire time?  People just don't think sometimes, stuck in the "it can't happen to me".

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Lois, how disappointing! I know how much you were looking forward to this trip. Hope the replacement cruise(s) are even better.

Thanks JP. I appreciate it:classic_smile:

53 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Sorry to hear that, but I agree it was in your best interest with radiation and all.  Hopefully this all blows over quickly, and the cruiselines/travel industry will be having some serious deals when there is an "all clear".

Hi Jan, thanks so much.

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Hi Spins, I saw that story early this morning.....not only selfish, but stupid too!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

So sorry Lois. We cnx our river cruise Bucharest to Budapest, now waiting on the Shadow cruise options. We are with you on wanting to cruise but need to stay home. 

just think with The big future cruise credit we can consider a very neat SS Cruise. Maybe of those Expedition ones on the Great Lakes! 

Stay tough. 

den