Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

3 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

89706498_10215842884321102_5183302073390727168_n.jpg.f145f8512dc038cf155a6ea9e90e1e13.jpg

Stay safe all!   Look for the joy!

Jeremy's famous for tossing lonely socks ... I'll give him this thought before Friday (laundry day).   We always tossed them in a "rag bag" to be used for clean-ups, or until their sole-mate showed up.   We were not a paper towel household.

• Like 2

Happy birthday Lois and FSS, and as others have said JP, we so admire what our caregivers do.  Yes, see you on the other side.

7 hours ago, UpstateJan said:

until their sole-mate showed up

That hilarious Jan, I almost missed it.

Edited by QueSeraSera
added FSS, simultaneous post
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Happy Birthday Lois!

and JP too, I guess. 

It is actually right after midnight here in Cape Town, waiting for the Silver Cloud to be allowed into port, so it is March 19 here, my Birthday. 

Peter 

Happy Birthday Peter:classic_biggrin:

10 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Our little-known fourth mission here at VA is to help back up civilian facilities in the event of a national disaster, so even if we aren't inundated with sick veterans, we may still get patients from other hospitals. 

Not surprised by this in the least bit.  Most Americans have no idea about the 4th mission VA, although they do of the first 3.  This is what I worried about last week... you’re going to be overrun by the 4th mission.  I don’t know how you won’t.  And, if you’re not, I got to believe it’ll be just a matter of time before they transfer you to some other facility that is.  Stay as safe as you can JP and Chris.

• Thanks 1

Good morning...…..very good one Mysty:classic_smile:

Really sad news about that family in New Jersey:classic_sad:......they have lost 4 people from the same family to the

virus...….that is horrific. I wish them peace. Not sure how they are all going to get through this...and of course

right now they cannot even hug each other for comfort:classic_sad:

We are in our 70s and so far our village is virus free. All activities cancelled and advised to self isolate as much as possible. My daily visit to the coffee shop, which is the carrot at the end of the stick that keeps me walking looks like it has to stop. I will keep walking though as the walking track around the golf course is beautiful. 

A really lovely thing happened yesterday. A friend’s daughter who lives in the next town rang to say that she would be doing her parents shopping on Sundays and Thursdays  ( so they would stay home) and would be happy to do ours too. She will do a coffee run those days too!  How nice is that.  
When you hear of all the people stripping supermarkets, butchers etc just thinking of themselves it makes your heart swell to see such kindness.  
My children are over an hour away and say they will pay it forward with elderly neighbours. 
Stay well everyone. 

• Like 4

Good morning friends, just want to reach out and let all of you know I am thinking about all of us.  Hoping

everyone is doing ok.

JP, I so hope you and Chris and your hospital have enough supplies and to really say THANK YOU for your service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unclean, unclean. OH, a medic, is displaying symptoms so we are isolated, him for 7 days me for 14 or until one of us kills the other, whichever is the earlier. 

Any lepers bells going cheap ( I know they go clang really)?

Rp

And now for something completely different...

Today's late breakfast, after braving the grocery store. Crêpes with a very simple filling of Neufchâtel cheese mixed with lemon curd. Because we didn't have any other suitable stuff to use, we had to improvise with what we found in the back of the fridge. 

20200322_104236.thumb.jpg.f18b48235de2e620ad13691a72de5e71.jpg

The berries were decorative. After the picture was taken, they got a dollop of raspberry preserves, and were promptly gobbled down. For such a simple easy filling, it tasted great!

Now for a little fun cleaning under the fish tank. Hope Chris can find me a suitable wine pairing! 🍷

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

And now for something completely different...

Today's late breakfast, after braving the grocery store. Crêpes with a very simple filling of Neufchâtel cheese mixed with lemon curd. Because we didn't have any other suitable stuff to use, we had to improvise with what we found in the back of the fridge. 

20200322_104236.thumb.jpg.f18b48235de2e620ad13691a72de5e71.jpg

The berries were decorative. After the picture was taken, they got a dollop of raspberry preserves, and were promptly gobbled down. For such a simple easy filling, it tasted great!

Now for a little fun cleaning under the fish tank. Hope Chris can find me a suitable wine pairing! 🍷

WOWZA…….they look DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!  I love crepes!