Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

As a skier who tore my meniscus and ACL, my orthopedic surgeon fixed everything at one time.  

You left out the fact that you probably had a great insurance policy! 😄

• Haha 2

A tasty veal saltimbocca for dinner last night, with orecchiette pasta. 

20200303_191432.thumb.jpg.908d2eaa6d01715a9527c584b119abce.jpg

I didn't have fresh sage leaves so I took a shortcut and just sprinkled some dried sage on the cutlets. Good enough for winter.

• Like 3

Last night I grilled a tuna steak to rare, and served it with couscous. Both items cooked super fast. It took Chris longer to make the salad, than it took me to cook.

20200304_184701.thumb.jpg.dc2207a2f3fd85e0257f967b926f63b4.jpg

The birds are chirping every morning and it is getting lighter. Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend. It's starting to feel a little bit like Spring. Love it!

• Like 2

We are still on Daylight saving for another few weeks and it is quite dark in the mornings. I love daylight saving but would be happy to see it end at the beginning of March. 
Down here at the south of Australia it doesn’t seem we have had much summer this year. We have had a few very hot days but only a day here and there then back to high teens to low 20s ( around 68F). 
I’m tired of my long sleeved tops!

Good morning, JP, that tuna looks AWESOME:classic_biggrin:

My skin is finally starting to heal.....when you said the radiation can have a delayed reaction? You are correct!!! I felt

like maybe there was something wrong with me (sort of) but it is just TIME....TIME.....it takes however long

it takes.  I am still sore and have been napping a lot but at least the area that had the "boost" treatment those last

5 days is looking a bit better. I am still putting the silvadene on it though.

My follow up with the Dr is this coming Tuesday....I am hoping he says everything looks like it supposed to look.

On 3/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, jpalbny said:

I really want to go to Montreal some time this spring but currently our passports  are  at the State Department, getting renewed, and have been there for the past four weeks. You'd think I wouldn't miss them for a few weeks, but I do! Hopefully they will get back to us soon, because we will need to apply for the Chinese visa if we're doing that trip.

All for now.

Enhanced Drivers' License!  I never take my passport when we go north to visit the inlaws.   I'm in the same boat with you for the passport.  Mine went for renewal on 2/8 via USPS Priority Mail - it was supposed to arrive on 2/12, and it went missing.  Well, the tracking went to "on way to next location".   Happily, the renewal check cleared my bank on 2/18, and after a lovely 45minutes on hold, I had confirmation that they indeed did receive my passport, and I should see it in 6 weeks.  That means in 2 more weeks I can start panicking again.  Our trip in May requires a passport because it is via airplane, in and out of Canada.

Good luck in getting your passport back in time, and I hope you are able to make your June trip.  We enjoyed our few days in Hong Kong in 2017.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:39 PM, spinnaker2 said:

Wishing I could go anywhere!

Tore some stuff in my knee including meniscus.

Just watching others go and do.

Hoping no surgery which I understand would have been done immediately if I was 40.

But you are only 41!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Enhanced Drivers' License!  I never take my passport when we go north to visit the inlaws.   I'm in the same boat with you for the passport.

Well, that's a fine piece of news. We both have EDLs. We got them a few years ago back, ahead of time, to prepare for the issue about Real ID and flying domestically. Didn't realize that you could use them to cross into Canada. Now, will I remember that in another 10 years, when we're renewing passports again? 😉

I had looked into whether our Global Entry cards would work, but alas, they only work to cross back into the US (and you can use the NEXUS lanes, super fast). They won't get us into Canada. But I didn't think to look at whether an EDL would get us into Canada. D'oh!

Louisville will be fun, though, and Mammoth Cave will be a new NP for us. And I got to use up some Sky Pesos; the flight was pretty cheap. Hoping that the flights and airports won't be too full. We fly the next two weekends. Time to inhale some hand sanitizer!

4 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

BTW, I need to get Jeremy some Vodka, he spent way too much time cleaning this weekend.

Chris too. Poor girl! These relaxing weekends at home are too much work!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

We had simple pork chops for dinner tonight. Not too photogenic. Dessert, on the other hand, looked very tasty!

20200309_201055.thumb.jpg.2b515949a893d7c208ce0a268fd29d59.jpg

Chris went traditional, with the Brokers on the right. I went for a more unusual gin, from the Misiones Province of Argentina. Some very different botanicals in that one, including yerba mate, pink grapefruit, eucalyptus, coriander, and peppermint. 

They both go well with Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic. And mine brings back some great memories of our trip to Iguazu Falls last year.

Bed time soon. This Daylight Savings Time is a challenge to adapt to. But I like the extra daylight after work!

• Like 3

I'd just like to commend you all for largely keeping politics out of your posts across the SS board.  Visiting other more "active" CC boards just gave me a headache.  Don't know if you have NextDoor in your area, but here in Central VA its become obnoxious as folks on both sides stress out.  I have my own political views, but I like that this is a place where we don't antagonize one another.  I believe we all have more in common than what political party we support.

• Like 2