Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

59 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Daveywavey - I would imagine your internal flights are only about 3 hours?  Surely worth putting up with less than optimal conditions in order to get to your cruise?  I know you would prefer it not to be the Caribbean, and would agree, but just think of the lovely pampering, food and drinks organised by someone else!  I would give quite a lot to be able to join you, but alas no foreign travel for me for some time.

Got to be a great improvement on winter in the UK.

The Versace hotel sound like fun - we will look forward to hearing all about it in due course.

Lola

Thanks Lola, I'm hoping I can console myself with good food and Champagne. There will be a couple of little videos too I'm sure 🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Daveywavey,

FYI. I just recently read that Delta has now banned horses from boarding along with snakes, breastfed cats, etc. Only dogs are able to be in the cabin now. You should be fine 😉

Haha TrulyBlonde, that's great news. Anyone familiar with Pam Ann will be horrified to hear that horses have been banned. That would rule out the entire cabin crew of BA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/26/2021 at 5:34 PM, Daveywavey70 said:

I Know M, I might actually take a little reluctant enjoyment from something I’d only ever previously  discounted. I do like the idea of staying at the Versace mansion and there are a couple of decent eateries in the area. I’m just hoping that I can find enough to do on the cruise without having to trouble myself with coming into close contact with sand. 

Hi Davey.Your old friend from our first Spirit cruise.We also have had numerous trips cancelled.We still have a credit from SS that will finally expire July 22.We don't want to loose it so we are going to Alaska.Never had any desire to go there.I hate cold which is why we live in Arizona.My agent loves Crystal and has been trying to get us to travel with them.We feel it might be too big for us so looking forward to your views.

Crazy world we live in.Hope we van sail again with you.

Happy Holidays.

43 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

Hi Davey.Your old friend from our first Spirit cruise.We also have had numerous trips cancelled.We still have a credit from SS that will finally expire July 22.We don't want to loose it so we are going to Alaska.Never had any desire to go there.I hate cold which is why we live in Arizona.My agent loves Crystal and has been trying to get us to travel with them.We feel it might be too big for us so looking forward to your views.

Crazy world we live in.Hope we van sail again with you.

Happy Holidays.

Hi Capri, It's lovely to hear from you. I Hope you're both keeping well. You absolutely should see Alaska! it is the most amazing place and the experience of a lifetime. We were blessed with beautiful weather during our trip, it was 27 most days, that was 18th to 29th of June. I Never expected to come back with a tan! I'm sure it's not always the way but certainly not what I was expecting. If you enjoy wildlife and scenery it can't be beaten.

I'll let you know how I get on on Crystal. I've wanted to try them for some time but the no single supplement has convinced me to take the plunge (OH is too busy to come along on this one).  I'm looking forward to the adventure!

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

…I’ve finally given in and conceded to suffer the nightmare of my life, a fortnight in the Caribbean.

Will the Delta leg be a packed lunch in a cardboard box and overcrowded with people travelling with chickens in a cage or might I get a bit of a rest? 

Sounds bloody awful.  Hopefully, your trip will be no worse than you already expect it to be.

Oh, and the + in Delta+ means you get to sit near the front of the plane and have a bit more legroom; up to a whopping 3” more.  Pretty sure the snacks are identical to those folks sitting directly behind you in the non+ seat.  

• Like 1

Two foodie pics.  Tonight's dinner was chicken livers in a marsala sauce which means shallots, garlic, sage, pancetta, mince beef, chicken livers, tomato puree and marsala and some broad beans for colour. Served with a risotto milanese - shallots, rice, chicken stock, butter, parmesan, chives.

Pic 1: mise en place.  Pic 2: the dish.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Edited by Fletcher
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Two foodie pics.  Tonight's dinner was chicken livers in a marsala sauce which means shallots, garlic, sage, pancetta, mince beef, chicken livers, tomato puree and marsala and some broad beans for colour. Served with a risotto milanese - shallots, rice, chicken stock, butter, parmesan, chives.

Pic 1: mise en place.  Pic 2: the dish.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Drooling here!  Delicious!

53 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Earlier today I went to the door naked and gave 2 Jehovah's witnesses the shock of their lives. 

They still don't know how I found their house. 

Wicked TTS!  And delightful! 😁

• Like 2

RE: our cooking. We all live in different parts of the World and tastes vary. I love to see what others are preparing and do not think any of us has attended any high ranking cooking school anywhere. I could be wrong?

I came here for Jeff's cooking and have been enlightened by all of you. Yes, my baguettes are not perfect, and I am a work in progress. However, I have fun here and all of you are a delight and help to make my day. 

Such a reprieve from the craziness of our World. Thanks to all.

P.S. Excuse my 2 glasses of wine 😉

• Like 6

So, deep in thought about cooler dynamics, with the music playing and the gas logs giving off warmth and light, I pour my 3rd glass which requires opening a 2nd bottle but wife is keeping up with me (something good on Netflix maybe?), and realize I'm glad you are all here 

1 hour ago, Lvshack said:

I'm not the most favourite

no favorites here I think

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sounds bloody awful.  Hopefully, your trip will be no worse than you already expect it to be.

Oh, and the + in Delta+ means you get to sit near the front of the plane and have a bit more legroom; up to a whopping 3” more.  Pretty sure the snacks are identical to those folks sitting directly behind you in the non+ seat.  

I’m sure there’s a joke to be had in there re the extra 3 inches but I’m refusing to take the bait Stumbles (there are ladies present). I’m sure I’ll just troop on through the tirade of beach and snorkel excursions and console myself with some decent food and the odd drop of Champagne. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Indulging your patience again, the review of my second Noble Caledonia Hebridean Sky cruise (Andalucian Odyssey) is now available on Cruise Critic [link below].  A more detailed day-by-day blog with lots of pictures is available here: https://jazzbeauxandalucianodysseyblog2021.wordpress.com/

• Like 5

Given these difficult times, I wanted to gift my DW (for Xmas/Festivus/Kwanzai/etc.) something to express how happy I am she is soldiering through them with me, and has been doing so for 38 years.  Our wedding had a sort of "tickled pink" theme, in which pink plastic flamingos played a role.  I asked my friend to make a little memento, and this is what came today - maybe it will brighten your day, too!  

IMG_3701.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Given these difficult times, I wanted to gift my DW (for Xmas/Festivus/Kwanzai/etc.) something to express how happy I am she is soldiering through them with me, and has been doing so for 38 years.  Our wedding had a sort of "tickled pink" theme, in which pink plastic flamingos played a role.  I asked my friend to make a little memento, and this is what came today - maybe it will brighten your day, too!  

IMG_3701.jpeg

That is magically delicious WWFT!  Awesome gift!