Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

8 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Travelled once with just carry on. I Was so chuffed with myself. Yes it was only Greece and it was only for 5 nights but I still managed 6 pairs of shoes. 

Well done DW!  I don't think I could manage for 5 nights with a carry on! 😅

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

Well done DW!  I don't think I could manage for 5 nights with a carry on! 😅

I Was challenged and I rose to it M. Luckily I was only sailing on the “luxury” line Celestial and Tuxes weren’t required. I Don’t think I’ll be doing it again though. Virgin we’re much more generous on my last holiday, 2x32+10. I Scraped through. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Was challenged and I rose to it M. Luckily I was only sailing on the “luxury” line Celestial and Tuxes weren’t required. I Don’t think I’ll be doing it again though. Virgin we’re much more generous on my last holiday, 2x32+10. I Scraped through. 

You are the epitome of sartorial elegance DW!  If you can carry that off with a carry on, I'm very impressed! 🥰

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

You are the epitome of sartorial elegance DW!  If you can carry that off with a carry on, I'm very impressed! 🥰

I Must admit that I carried off my carry on with a little elegance. I Omitted to pack any string vests or joggers to help me blend in at the buffet but who wants to be part of the crowd?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Hope you had a good consultant 😉

Chris keeps me from buying cheap swill, as space in the wine checks is not unlimited. Otherwise a plebe like myself, with an unsophisticated palate? I'd never know the difference...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jpalbny said:

Chris keeps me from buying cheap swill, as space in the wine checks is not unlimited. Otherwise a plebe like myself, with an unsophisticated palate? I'd never know the difference...

Don’t believe a word of it JP. They did have some Spanish plonk on offer in my local petrol station this week but as my new car is my first diesel so I didn’t want to risk it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Speaking of petrol station plonk. I did tell you earlier about my experience at the gas station in Madagascar with their resident sommelier. He was impressed that I chose the 16,000 Ar bottle of wine, which he said was one of the better ones on offer... 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Speaking of petrol station plonk. I did tell you earlier about my experience at the gas station in Madagascar with their resident sommelier. He was impressed that I chose the 16,000 Ar bottle of wine, which he said was one of the better ones on offer... 

I just did the currency conversion. You are raiding the top shelf there!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I Remember it well. I’ve yet to find a decent Sommelier in a petrol station here despite the wealth of incredible Welsh wines. I Would write to the Welsh First Minister for help  but he is, unfortunately, banned from my hotel for life. He is allowed to appeal this ban in 2024 so we’ll see how things go from there.

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

I just did the currency conversion. You are raiding the top shelf there!

When we were there it was about 3000 MGA/USD, so I spent a whopping $5. Now I could have had that bottle for much less, as it's about 4200/1. We were had!

9 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Would write to the Welsh First Minister for help  but he is, unfortunately, banned from my hotel for life. He is allowed to appeal this ban in 2024 so we’ll see how things go from there.

If you have experience with bans, I hear that a certain website is looking for mods...

Edited by jpalbny
  • Haha 3