Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Some lovely different clothes there,  Mysty.  Although I am not too sure about the baggy pants.  But tops, yes.  And the sizing looks pretty forgiving, since they are not close fitting.  (Always good for those with the odd bulge).

Lola

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lincslady said:

And the sizing looks pretty forgiving, since they are not close fitting.  (Always good for those with the odd bulge).

Lola

34 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I resemble that remark! 😃

And if we didn't have the odd bulge we wouldn't be human.   We'd be plastic Barbie and Ken dolls! 😅

• Like 2

20 hours ago, V8Babe said:

Daveywavey - my husband loved T M Lewin and Harvie and Hudson.  Hope you find what you want.  Is there a special occasion coming up?

Best wishes, Karin

H&H we’re just the best but they seem to be something very different now. No Special occasion other than a desperate wish to be out in the world again, that’s special enough for me. 

19 hours ago, lincslady said:

Daveywavey - I so agreed with your mention of going to London to shop.  I shop online mainly,

Me too Lola. North Wales can be a bit of a dry spot when it comes to Haute Couture. I’ve never been a fan of cable knit cardi’s and since *****’s went under there’s not much left. The local tailor that worked from a prefab at the end of the local railway platform wasn’t bad at all but he curled up and died a few years ago now.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:23 PM, V8Babe said:

I lost my husband in April this year and he did ALL the cooking, so I too am having to learn a few things:

Hi Karin. Welcome to the cooler. I’m so sorry to hear bout your loss.

8 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Budd

3 Piccadilly arcade is the traditional evening shirt maker that I would go to for this.

They have a good website

Ede and Ravenscroft the legal outfitters could also be an option 

Mr Luxury, thank you so much. That is exactly what i’m looking for. https://www.buddshirts.co.uk/classic-fit-plain-stiff-bib-neckband-double-cuff-dress-shirt-in-white.html I’ve had a couple of dress shirts tailored but they just don’t cut it. This is perfect. Eternal gratitude is offered. Sometimes I miss London. 

7 hours ago, mysty said:

And now that we have introduced fashion into Cooler topics   I have supported this shop for many moons.  Here is one of my outfits ( I guess I haven't yet started dressing my age 😅) .......

TRBP001_07_800x1200.jpg.c7f413a9d84215851376403b5b316139.jpg

Please note that this is NOT me modeling the outfit.  

https://kaliyana.com/

And I hope you never do! My new Louboutin Leopard print high tops arrived today 🥳. I Don’t intend to either! 

Edited by Daveywavey70
Gremlins
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

How curious that a mention of an elderly Gentleman’s clothing shop that went bankrupt gets asterisked out. I had no idea that the mere mention of a name that combines the colours of blue and yellow followed by the description of a small forest was so controversial!

Well you’ve lost me — but that’s not hard to do. I think I got “green” but the small forest went over my head.