Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Best wishes to Mysty & Myster & all Canadians on this important anniversary.  Great neighbors.

I'm already considering what will be our 2nd bottle of wine tonight to join in marking the occasion.

Our first bottle, just opened, is a delightful sauvignon from Italy.  As can be seen below, Gus (our sommelier) finds its bouquet enticing.

IMG_1380.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Best wishes to Mysty & Myster & all Canadians on this important anniversary.  Great neighbors.

I'm already considering what will be our 2nd bottle of wine tonight to join in marking the occasion.

Our first bottle, just opened, is a delightful sauvignon from Italy.  As can be seen below, Gus (our sommelier) finds its bouquet enticing.

IMG_1380.jpg

Beautiful setting Que!  And Gus has good taste! 😁

• Like 1

I remember going to the breakfast buffet at our hotel in Glasgow. Every hot dish was deep fried and often left in the oil. The fried eggs were left in the serving dish under 2 inches of oil. And there was a fellow reading his morning paper. On the front page was an article headlined Officials blame England for the high rate of heart problems in Scotland. Yeah right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2023 at 12:28 AM, jpalbny said:

For @highplanesdrifters:

This Peru trip is for my brother's wedding. Except he and his bride couldn't wait through Covid, so they got married 2 years ago. So this is an excuse for a party on their 2-year anniversary. That's in Lima, a week from tomorrow. 

We're going early because, why not? We fly out tomorrow afternoon. We've been to Machu Picchu in the past so we're not going again. So we land in Lima Sunday morning and immediately fly to Cusco. Nothing planned for Sunday other than around town on our own. Monday we are hiking to "Rainbow Mountain" to see if we can get some good pictures before we die of hypoxemia.

Tuesday we take the Belmond Train - not to MP, but to Puno. It's an overnight train which will be fun! We have two nights on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Then Friday (a week from today) we fly back from Juliaca to Lima for the pre-party, then the party on Saturday, then fly home early Sunday (ugh).

Space cake break at the Titicaca lake...

This the soundtrack: https://youtu.be/WsHY_4RW0_Y

• Like 2

To celebrate my wife's birthday last night, we were in Barcelona.  Sorry, not in Spain, but at a restaurant named Barcelona on their amazing patio on a perfect weather night.  At this highly-rated dining star they always deliver top quality service, an excellent outdoor setting and super dining delights.  It's in a charming, historic part of Columbus called "German Village".

Below are some visual “evidence” that Penny had a super nice birthday (and to celebrate Canada Day, too) yesterday.  Need proof?  See the visuals. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio   

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 256,662 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1362155-solstice-livefirst-timer-reportspix’s-italycroatian-june-7-19/

First were drinks, including red Sangria for me and “Big Girl” drinks for the ladies!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.8cf63f86423e82f678a4500ab61c796a.jpeg

My wife Penny is showing off in Barcelona's great outdoor patio setting a colorful, patriotic quilt-style pillow from wonderful and skilled long-time friend, Janet.  Does its design fit for the upcoming Fourth of July Celebration?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.37d0f09d917903ff6922c8af868a378b.jpeg

Here was my Paella Barcelona with chicken, chorizo, shrimp, calamari, clams, mussels, piquillo peppers, peas, sofrito and calasparra rice.  Super great and totally tasty!!  Dessert?  Barra de Frutas or raspberry lemon bar: Swiss meringue buttercream, blueberry bourbon compote, candied lemon chip.:

image.thumb.jpeg.55fe5f12efffa9286d8162a744d3d8db.jpeg

• Like 7

OK friends, just a couple days out from our cruise to Norway, ends in Denmark.  We're using Silversea air & so far all looks good, flying Lufthansa over and SAS back, both business class.  Any last words of advice?  Of all excursions, I'm thinking the Flam railway might be the best.  On a surely irrelevant note, on my father's side, I'm 3/4 Norwegian, so it is a bit of a return to the father-land for me.  Won't be able to post like JP or our Australian friends do, but will try to put up a picture or 2.

How to cope with leaving the pets behind?  Just got to do it I guess....

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

OK friends, just a couple days out from our cruise to Norway, ends in Denmark.  We're using Silversea air & so far all looks good, flying Lufthansa over and SAS back, both business class.  Any last words of advice?  Of all excursions, I'm thinking the Flam railway might be the best.  On a surely irrelevant note, on my father's side, I'm 3/4 Norwegian, so it is a bit of a return to the father-land for me.  Won't be able to post like JP or our Australian friends do, but will try to put up a picture or 2.

We enjoyed Flam railway last summer Que! Have a spectacular cruise! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

We did the Flan. Nice trip. Watch for the maidens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1