Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

18 hours ago, lincslady said:

Me too, that is me on the right.  Feeling the need of a bit of emotional support, as  I have just had a letter enclosing a small cheque for overpayment of  premium of an insurance policy, and  sending  me commiserations on the loss of my DH,  which is now not far off three years ago.  Who are these people?  Payable to a bank account which is non-existent.  I thought about contacting them, but don't think I will bother.

That is unforgivable - they must know and either are too lazy or their internal system is so rubbish to let things like that go through. Hugs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I think their systems are rubbish, having looked them up online.  This is a very well known UK insurance company, too.  Until this I have been lucky in getting only appropriate messages, sent at the right time, to help with the things you have to deal with, and thought it was all done two years ago.  Anyway, enough said now; thanks to all who have responded, it does help.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

I will be flying Delta in November to Lisbon and will be in that lounge for sure. I was in there previously (if memory serves) and it is very nice.

Hi Lois, This one opened at the end of June, so you may have! 
here’s the menu they offer in the Brasserie dining room. And the list of included wines. No Australian wines on that one either, @jillyfIMG_1075.thumb.jpeg.17894fefc66bb88e6aee6aa9f874c881.jpeg

IMG_3212.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Hi Lois, This one opened at the end of June, so you may have! 
here’s the menu they offer in the Brasserie dining room. And the list of included wines. No Australian wines on that one either, @jillyfIMG_1075.thumb.jpeg.17894fefc66bb88e6aee6aa9f874c881.jpeg

IMG_3212.jpeg

Hi, thanks for the menu! Sounds like they have some really nice choices.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi, thanks for the menu! Sounds like they have some really nice choices.

Could I place my order now to have for home deliver the PEI mussels and a nice glass of the NZ Sauvignon Blanc?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 3

Here at the WWFT Pizza Research Institute, meaningful research continues:  Last night a New York style dough was mixed & kneaded, total 3.5 hours - worked well.  A tomato sauce was cooked all day, with plum tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil & oregano - all fresh from the garden.  Ingredients were prepped and set aside - Sun dried tomatoes, red jalapeños, marinated artichoke hearts, anchovies, feta, parmesan, romano, mozzarella, red onions, green pepper.  I prepped the outdoor gas grill, set a pizza stone on an upside down grill basket over the ceramic briquets, (& a few ears of corn on the side), then patted the dough out quickly, with a raised rim (by hand, no roller), plopped on the peel, quickly slathered on tomato sauce, then on with the toppings, lastly with the mozzarella, then on to the now-heated stone.  I find minimizing the time the dough is on the peel, together with flour & cornmeal, makes it much easier to slide onto the hot stone.  The end result (in about 20 minutes), was brought to table, fresh basil & tomatoes scattered over; it seemed to satisfy my DW.  A not-expensive Argentinian Malbec was produced (appears to evaporate rather quickly...), and dinner was had. 

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

Edited by Will Work for Tiramisu
Add images
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Here at the WWFT Pizza Research Institute, meaningful research continues:  Last night a New York style dough was mixed & kneaded, total 3.5 hours - worked well.  A tomato sauce was cooked all day, with plum tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil & oregano - all fresh from the garden.  Ingredients were prepped and set aside - Sun dried tomatoes, red jalapeños, marinated artichoke hearts, anchovies, feta, parmesan, romano, mozzarella, red onions, green pepper.  I prepped the outdoor gas grill, set a pizza stone on an upside down grill basket over the ceramic briquets, (& a few ears of corn on the side), then patted the dough out quickly, with a raised rim (by hand, no roller), plopped on the peel, quickly slathered on tomato sauce, then on with the toppings, lastly with the mozzarella, then on to the now-heated stone.  I find minimizing the time the dough is on the peel, together with flour & cornmeal, makes it much easier to slide onto the hot stone.  The end result (in about 20 minutes), was brought to table, fresh basil & tomatoes scattered over; it seemed to satisfy my DW.  A not-expensive Argentinian Malbec was produced (appears to evaporate rather quickly...), and dinner was had. 

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

A work of art WWFT!  Drool inducing!

• Like 1

I made an old favorite for dinner tonight. Or a variation thereof - pardon my memory lapses if I've posted it previously...

Humour.thumb.jpeg.0030134cf9ced2c971e847b0375ee5b0.jpeg

Back in the early 2000s when we briefly lived an hour south of Albany, we would meet my cousin for dinner in Newburgh (NY), were there was an Italian place on the waterfront which made an amazing dish. A veal rib chop, butterflied and breaded then fried, and served over a bed of greens with a topping of fresh tomatoes with oil and balsamic. It was to die for!

I make our own version with a pork chop, over a bed of freshly-gathered arugula from the wilds of our local Aldi, and topped with homegrown cherry tomatoes (finally I have enough to use, as this year's crop has been rubbish!). I threw in a few air-fried potatoes because we're not on a low-carb diet, so the breading isn't going to cut it without some extra carbohydrate calories!

20240917_182556.thumb.jpg.ca3b6580021a25869f6a3fce47887a7d.jpg

Oh, and the oregano is home grown too. That added a nice flavor. I wish I could grow as much great stuff as WWFT but maybe that will be a retirement project.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

My favourite plates are my Versace ones and my Spode Sheffield set . If ever I’m cooking anything special then the big boys come out. Hand dived Conwy Scallops finished with pear, Pancetta, wilted spinach and finished with a Madeira glaze deserve appropriate surroundings! 

You had me at pancetta!

What was the wine pairing?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

My favourite plates are my Versace ones and my Spode Sheffield set . If ever I’m cooking anything special then the big boys come out. Hand dived Conwy Scallops finished with pear, Pancetta, wilted spinach and finished with a Madeira glaze deserve appropriate surroundings! 

IMG_0271.jpeg

wow!  The dishes are glorious and so is the delectable culinary offering!  🥰

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I made an old favorite for dinner tonight. Or a variation thereof - pardon my memory lapses if I've posted it previously...

Back in the early 2000s when we briefly lived an hour south of Albany, we would meet my cousin for dinner in Newburgh (NY), were there was an Italian place on the waterfront which made an amazing dish. A veal rib chop, butterflied and breaded then fried, and served over a bed of greens with a topping of fresh tomatoes with oil and balsamic. It was to die for!

I make our own version with a pork chop, over a bed of freshly-gathered arugula from the wilds of our local Aldi, and topped with homegrown cherry tomatoes (finally I have enough to use, as this year's crop has been rubbish!). I threw in a few air-fried potatoes because we're not on a low-carb diet, so the breading isn't going to cut it without some extra carbohydrate calories!

Oh JP, I’m back on the Keto. Please don’t mention po ta toes. I Did secure a hefty double pork chop today, I also succumbed to the home cured bacon and the special fat sausages at my local butchers but that dirty filthy 6 Rib Welsh black roast that  they had on the counter that kept winking at me. I Resisted. I’m so proud of myself. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’m back on the Keto

Good luck with it Davy, to the one who taught me to make roasties, or at least a reasonable stateside version.

Be a bit wary.  My younger son overdid the keto, made himself ill.  I think you probably know there are certain minimums to consume and avoid such a fate.