Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Continuing.....I realize it is what it is.....I will do what I need to do.  The gal at the Dr's office is really nice

and she suggested a hand held faucet for the shower but my shower is a big walk in and only has a wall faucet.

The guest bath has a hand held.....she also said I could take a bath....I know I will not let it get wet because

she did tell me some women don't do what they are told---and it gets an infection.  No thanks!

The first couple of days I will be fine but I know by that weekend I will be wanting to shower LOL...…...

I can wash my hair in the sink at least!

Spins - thanks so much for the assist over on the 12/03 Shadow roll call!  Does anyone know if a couple that enjoys dancing (not talking about DW & I here) will have the opportunity to dance on the refurbished Shadow?

Lois - hope you are getting through this no shower allowed time satisfactorily and you are feeling ok.  Hope I'm not out of line to say, everyone here is thinking of you.  Get well soon!

DW - look forward to your next update, love the photos.  Won't forget Ra rising ever

JP -  hoping for some more photos from Portugal.  Iberia was not on our bucket list until your photos started showing up here.

TTS! That's awesome. I saw that you had posted and wondered, what the heck is he doing up so late (assuming you were on GMT - it's 03:25 there)?

Now that you're on India time, it makes sense. It's a reasonable morning hour over there. Have fun!

Great Taj shot. When we were there in February 2017, the right front minaret was still in scaffolding. Looks really nice now!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

JP -  hoping for some more photos from Portugal.  Iberia was not on our bucket list until your photos started showing up here.

Sorry I stopped posting. We got so busy during the trip that I simply couldn't keep up. I didn't even keep any notes during the trip because it was such a whirlwind. But I did write everything up earlier this week after we got home, thanks to Google and my pictures, so I have a pretty detailed chronology of what we did.

I am now working on a blog version on my blogger site. I only have the first day done. Once it gets further along I will share a link for you (or there is a link in my profile). There will be lots of pictures there.

It was a super fun trip. We did a ton of stuff and (as usual) ate and drank too much but enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. It was a ton of planning but almost everything worked out well. Portugal is definitely worth visiting. There are so many charming small towns to see, and the food is really cheap (but delicious).

So are the wines! You can buy perfectly good wine for less than €10 a bottle. Maybe €15 in a restaurant. If you are a big spender you can pay more. 😄 We brought 12 bottles home, so we can reminisce about the trip many times in the next year or so. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Spins - thanks so much for the assist over on the 12/03 Shadow roll call!  Does anyone know if a couple that enjoys dancing (not talking about DW & I here) will have the opportunity to dance on the refurbished Shadow?

Lois - hope you are getting through this no shower allowed time satisfactorily and you are feeling ok.  Hope I'm not out of line to say, everyone here is thinking of you.  Get well soon!

DW - look forward to your next update, love the photos.  Won't forget Ra rising ever

Good morning, not out of line at all...I appreciate the words.:classic_smile:  The shower (or lack of it) won't be till after the surgery----- I will just deal with it. Sponge batching a lot....LOL Maybe that earlier post was

confusing....the surgery is on Wednesday.  So once I get home, that afternoon....the post op stuff will come into play.  Right now, I am ok. I still get a bit teary  sometimes but that is human nature. (for me).

I appreciate everyone's support on here very much---it helps a lot.

That Get Well part will be staying with me throughout...…...especially after the surgery.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

For anyone concerned about the absence of the TTSs from the forum its because we've been away here:

IMG_20191121_155020.thumb.jpg.2cbc036cdcf9049104549418afe16fb2.jpg

And here:

IMG-20191118-WA0010.thumb.jpg.392abf317dcce4902dc6e8d4423b20b8.jpg

And seeing Street scenes such as:

IMG-20191122-WA0009.thumb.jpg.aed92745cc0cc2945ae3c1f7ca2d6365.jpg

And:

IMG_20191120_100455.thumb.jpg.eb0bae5b3987878bbca6518878ab607c.jpg

Excellent.  I drove a bus to India when I was 21 and I for sure remember roads like that!

26 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, not out of line at all...I appreciate the words.:classic_smile:  The shower (or lack of it) won't be till after the surgery----- I will just deal with it. Sponge batching a lot....LOL Maybe that earlier post was

confusing....the surgery is on Wednesday.  So once I get home, that afternoon....the post op stuff will come into play.  Right now, I am ok. I still get a bit teary  sometimes but that is human nature. (for me).

I appreciate everyone's support on here very much---it helps a lot.

That Get Well part will be staying with me throughout...…...especially after the surgery.

Good luck on Wednesday, Lois

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

the surgery is on Wednesday.  So once I get home, that afternoon....the post op stuff will come into play.  Right now, I am ok. I still get a bit teary  sometimes but that is human nature. (for me).  I appreciate everyone's support on here very much---it helps a lot.  That Get Well part will be staying with me throughout...…...especially after the surgery.

Good luck Wednesday with your "procedure" and the recovery.  For those in the USA, Thursday is Thanksgiving Day.  Hopefully, you and we will be celebrating that day.  Keep us posted. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 249,452 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Terry, thank you...it really is more than a procedure......they are putting me under so it is surgery, small area as it might be.....

Thankfully it should not take long, but when going under anesthesia? And being cut? Isn't that surgery?

Lois, we in the medical fields use "procedure" to refer to pretty much anything. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's minor, or not surgery. Regardless, we will be thinking about you on Wednesday and sending positive vibes. Will be eagerly awaiting word from you that all has gone well.

Have been shopping and stocking up for the visitors next weekend. Will have a full house. My brother and his wife and their two girls (the ones who used to live in Denmark, now back here in DC) arrive Thursday afternoon.

We will have a nice evening meal for "real" TG Day. I have a pork roast which I'll roast in a herb crust.

Friday, my Canadian sister and her beau, and my other brother's wife will arrive with 4 more kids. Yikes. Pizza and burgers will be on the menu. The madhouse begins.

Saturday we will have a more traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I have a turkey and a nice ham to serve.

Have also been working this weekend, luckily not too terribly busy so far. So I have had to help Chris with the house cleaning. Oh well. Would have been easier to hide out at work! 😉

Had time to make some seared scallops over farro and arugula salad for tonight's dinner. 

20191124_175833.thumb.jpg.0c6747e83772685f1e5dcd432c9e832a.jpg

The lemon-garlic dressing for the dish was made with a lemon that we grew ourselves!

20191124_190159.thumb.jpg.73830f88eafc9a88a73110f8f90625c6.jpg

The citrus trees are doing really well under the new grow lights that I put in this year. Lots more lemons ripening, and one of the orange trees is starting to flower. Should make the winter a little more pleasant. 

Happy TG to all who are celebrating. 

• Like 4

Thank you.

JP, oh....thanks for the explanation...….I usually think of a procedure as something without the cutting involved

and not going under......but you are the DOC:classic_smile:

Your photos are lovely and you sound like you are going to be very busy.  I will just stay home and watch a lot

of football.  I am not sure how long this thing will take to heal. But I have a feeling by the end of the weekend I

will be going stir crazy:classic_wacko:

• Like 1