Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We went back downhill to town and went wine shopping. I found a bottle for €2.99.

20191111_203840.thumb.jpg.712a43ad692f4d3f96f704d420700ba6.jpg

Now relaxing with a splash of the JP wine. For the price it's not bad at all. Chris says it's a little rough around the edges, like me.

Should be a big hit at your hotel in Arizona. 😉

• Haha 2

Good morning Coolers....having car issues and waiting for AAA to get here. When I left work yesterday, I tried

to start my car and it would not START...….AAA came (only took them about 15 minutes and he jumped me). It worked

but now, when I checked this morning, no juice:classic_wacko:....the car is pretty new...…….2018 and so it is under warranty.

I will get to the dealer and they have a shuttle service to take me to work.

17 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Have a wonderful time!

Let us know who the cruise director is.

And please say hello to Giancarlo from Candy.

He's an international host and just a terrific person.

Saundra is cruise director. She hosted solo dinner last night. Giancarlo is hosting one tonight. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, jpalbny said:

Just back from a ridiculously cheap dinner in Tomar. €38, including the most expensive bottle of local wine, and dessert.

20191111_103915.thumb.jpg.f364953f0c3ec004a189d279bba60689.jpg

But we finished the interior touring, then climbed the castle walls. The views were limited in the mist and rain. Oh well.

Tomorrow we pack up and drive to Coimbra for a  half-day visit, before ending up in Porto for the next two nights. 

As always, wonderful pictures and details from J.P. while they are exploring super excellent Portugal.  Brings back nice memories from that charming and historic country with such excellent people, food, wine, sights, etc.  Keep 'em coming!!  Enjoying much. 

Sorry have been busy during the past few weeks with work, family, media, etc., duties.  Have followed along at the Cooler, including Jeff dropping by, etc., others' travel and activities, etc., etc.  Great to hear from Jeff.  Always like hearing his wisdom as to activities and challenges in the U.K., etc. 

Had snow last night in Central Ohio and for certain parts of the northern USA.  Kind of early before mid November?  YES!!    But, looking pretty.  Below are a couple quick visuals that I snapped this am.  It was not just snowy, but also COLD in dropping in the teens in temperature. Good time to be in Florida or on a cruise?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 237,879 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

In coming down our driveway this morning, here is the view of the snow and some sunshine on the bushes, the metal design at the entrance in going up to our home, the road, etc.  Second is a deer I captured visually along the roadway.  Like those horns and his tail?  Third is our current weather from AccuWeather.  Rather cold!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1489244364_CMB_7346-2019-11-12at08-05-34.thumb.jpg.a831bb69563f911528b479da7d6a822e.jpg

591359010_CMB_7350-2019-11-12at08-06-23.thumb.jpg.c0be706181b5aafe12f656d3cdbf4394.jpg

33063896_ScreenShot2019-11-12at5_07_05PM.thumb.png.a999a7a26c18486eb2ee9dd5f4739bc2.png

• Like 1

Hi all,

Porto is big and crowded, but pretty. We got in last night in time for a pre-dinner stroll along the river, with a wine stop.

20191112_182949.thumb.jpg.772e22a534f2de764730724ed0e143ff.jpg

Today we drove an hour north to Guimaraes, a charming medieval town with a castle, palace, and a lunch stop, of course! I decided to try a Portuguese craft beer. Pretty nice!

20191113_130932.thumb.jpg.7409e4e430978fc28e8b62ce36230061.jpg

Padrone peppers and sauteed shrimp are on the way. Life is good.

There is an archaeological site north of town which we visited first, before coming into town. After lunch we will visit the museum here, to learn more about the site. Hope we didn't miss too much!

20191113_104141.thumb.jpg.f311ac4eb3a6c9040e56133c50fffeff.jpg

The location was stunningly beautiful. Well worth the stop at Citânia de Briteiros.

Yesterday's exploits will be another post. Lunch is here, signing off!

• Like 3

Hello friends.....have a request for some positive thoughts.....I got called back after my recent mammogram---

had a 2nd one and now I had a biopsy today.....they saw some calcifications and hoping they are all

negative.  I won't find out the results until next week. 

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hello friends.....have a request for some positive thoughts.....I got called back after my recent mammogram---

had a 2nd one and now I had a biopsy today.....they saw some calcifications and hoping they are all

negative.  I won't find out the results until next week. 

Thanks.

Sending positive thoughts to you Lois R. I've enjoyed your posts, and look forward to hearing about your future travels. 

27 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

Sending positive thoughts to you Lois R. I've enjoyed your posts, and look forward to hearing about your future travels. 

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I know they said this happens quite often and usually it is all benign so really

hoping they are for me as well. And the Dr was very nice which made the process a little better.

Good morning …..Hi JP...….thanks....never had a biopsy on the breast before....they do a mammogram first....they set up the machine differently and instead of standing, I am in a chair, raised up.

..then the numbing --- Lidocaine shots.....then the needle goes in to take out the tissue.....

not fun....:classic_sad:.…...but the Dr said I did good:classic_smile:

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:37 AM, spinnaker2 said:

Lois

Sending good thoughts and positive energy to you.

A scary experience on all levels for sure.

Be well!

Thank you Spins, appreciate it very much.

Good Morning all. 

Thoughts are with you Lois.

Well, This time tomorrow I’ll be on my way to Luxor. Unfortunately no flights from MAN so a long journey to LHR before an Egyptiar flight to Luxor and arriving at the Ship at 11.30ish. Luckilly the temp looks like it’s dropping from 35 this week to a more bearable 29 (not sure what that is in feet and inches sorry). 12 years since my last visit and let’s just say I lost 3 stone in the 3 months following my visit. Hoping the Pharoes don’t get me again. Anyone have any tips on avoiding their curse other than not touching, eating, drinking anything or breathing? Looking forward to taking lots of 360 footage esp since camera use is allowed now in many places that weren’t before. Will try to post a bit but no idea what t’internet will be like. 

• Like 5