Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

37 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Terry, not just APRIL...……...2020 Needs to START OVER!!!!!!!

On my MacBook laptop, I have a way to "UNDO" and be able to start over.  BUT, I don't think there's a way to go back and start, again, on January 1, 2020.  We are kind of stuck with it being April 4 and needing to move forward.  Fortunately, today is starting out sunny here with nice weather, etc.  Also, have a mask in my car that I can use when and if I go out in public.  

Did my first Zoom teleconference with 17 other people yesterday and things worked reasonably well.  Good, interesting technology to use.  When doing those video hook-ups, you need to think about your set-up, the lighting on you, your background, etc.  Don't want to visually "scare" others too much!!  Also, there is the potential of "Zoom-Bombing".  That's another interesting discussion and development during these tech-connecting days.  Also, in doing these types of video conferences, think about your battery life.  If doing a video conference of an hour or more, that battery life on your device can get exhausted!!  Just another tip/factor to consider!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Edited by TLCOhio

Disappointed today to read the quinine in tonic water is only "related" to the drug hydroxychloroquine being touted as a treatment for the virus.  Still, having nothing to lose as they say, I believe I'll mix up a 2nd.  Cheers to you all! 

• Like 3

This made me chuckle -

With restricted air travel, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, the Pope and Greta Thunberg must share the one plane, flying from London to Zurich for an emergency global coronavirus meeting. Suddenly, all the engines cut out, and it is obvious they will soon crash. But there are only four parachutes!

“I’m the smartest man in the USA,” Trump says, “and I’m needed to make America great again.” He takes one parachute and jumps.

“I’m needed to sort out Britain,” says Boris Johnson. He takes one and jumps.

“I need one as the world needs the Catholic church,” the Pope says. He takes one and jumps.

Angela Merkel turns to Greta Thunberg: “You can have the last parachute. I’ve lived my life. Yours is just starting, and we need you to lead the world on climate change action.”

“Don’t worry Chancellor,” replies Greta, “there are two parachutes left. The smartest man in the USA just jumped out with my school satchel.” 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Our local Brewhouse distillery is making hand sanitiser. When I messaged a photo, my  nearly 50 yr old daughter she texted back saying she "bet it smells like the rotgut we drank at underage teen parties"!
The  things you find out many years later!8C726EAD-036A-44ED-A5B0-E51298BAF1CA.thumb.jpeg.84e13002fe544394fcb62bf0455a6689.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fletcher said:

This made me chuckle -

With restricted air travel, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, the Pope and Greta Thunberg must share the one plane, flying from London to Zurich for an emergency global coronavirus meeting. Suddenly, all the engines cut out, and it is obvious they will soon crash. But there are only four parachutes!

“I’m the smartest man in the USA,” Trump says, “and I’m needed to make America great again.” He takes one parachute and jumps.

“I’m needed to sort out Britain,” says Boris Johnson. He takes one and jumps.

“I need one as the world needs the Catholic church,” the Pope says. He takes one and jumps.

Angela Merkel turns to Greta Thunberg: “You can have the last parachute. I’ve lived my life. Yours is just starting, and we need you to lead the world on climate change action.”

“Don’t worry Chancellor,” replies Greta, “there are two parachutes left. The smartest man in the USA just jumped out with my school satchel.” 

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :classic_biggrin: Do you mind if I post it on another thread I chat on?

17 minutes ago, daddyo said:

Old joke. There have been several iterations over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup, and many different punchlines. I remember hearing it in the early '80s with Reagan as the butt of the joke. Still, it has aged well. 😉 ... better than many other things from the '80s!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Hey Mysty,

Jump on the Moon in Nov. BCN-FLL. Offering  some good deals.

Thank you zqtchas!  Very interesting.  For now we have not cancelled our May-June-July cruises.  We're waiting to see what SS decides to do.  We got an email from them this morning asking us to provide our country of residence as well as any countries we would be travelling to or through for the 15 days prior to our sailing date of May 25.  They may be trying to determine how many passengers would be coming from or going through hot spots for the Big Corono.

47 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Ann gave me two cards on our recently completed Silver Cloud cruise.

20200405_105031.thumb.jpg.1572974e02c7a4c2015a0ebca7a462fb.jpg

I celebrated my birthday, and got this card.

20200405_105014.thumb.jpg.09328030addf12d4daa18fec4d69494a.jpg

And, no, I am not going to show you the insides!

Peter

the top one reminds me of stumble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

20200405_105031.thumb.jpg.1572974e02c7a4c2015a0ebca7a462fb.jpg

That is awesome! Except Chris packs less that I do. Perhaps because her clothes are less bulky than mine. I'll go with that.

27 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

the top one reminds me of stumble.

Partly correct - Stumbles would have a sled of his own, too!

6 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

You know it ZQTChas!  We ALWAYS have all potential scenarios covered.  

That you do. 🙂 No way will you settle for just that rollaboard!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

No way will you settle for just that rollaboard!

What would blow your mind is how I can do it just fine for work even, with a suit and multiple sports jackets / dress slacks.  But, when I travel with DW and Silver Princess, I go big or I don’t go at all. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1