Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

6 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Just saw that, Jeff. News was very general and didn't say much. Wishing her well.

To us here in the UK it speaks volumes as the Palace do not issue statements like this lightly.

The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke of Cambridge are on route to Balmoral to be at the Queens side and that for me tells us everything.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jpalbny said:

Thanks for the translation, Jeff and Mr Luxury. I should have picked up on the significance of summoning her family. It is still early here and I have not finished my coffee.

Hi JP, it is all over the news......wishing the family well. She has been there for 70 years!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Thanks for the translation, Jeff and Mr Luxury. I should have picked up on the significance of summoning her family. It is still early here and I have not finished my coffee.

She decided to go to Balmoral which is her much loved haven  I guess around 6 weeks ago for her summer holiday but has been cancelling local events she normally attends, and decided not to travel back to London to  the Palace for the normal process of a change of Prime Minister.  I guess many of us were worried for a week or two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

In case non_brits haven’t picked up this news, The Palace has just announced that doctors are concerned about the Queen’s health.  Terrible news that will worry many. 

Oh No!  Thoughts are with her, her family and the people she has so faithfully governed and served!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Good Morning Coolers,

For those not of a currently British disposition or heritage we have a new Prime Minister and a fuel crisis and eagerly waiting to hear of our new leaders cunning plans to save us from freezing penuric Armageddon.  

Long-term inmates will know of my squint-eyed idiotic log obsessions and I thought I’d share a picture of our brand new additional fully stocked log store (we now have two …. 😊) …. as well as an item in today’s times.  I hope it kindles (see what I did ….. ) interest!

C8531FD3-BCCD-41D6-BCB9-E6506E99B28D.jpeg

The quantity is impressive, but if you want to see a truly OCD woodpile:

1732398611_049StockholmSkansen.thumb.jpeg.691c5310591bd3e07d7383849f7b9dfb.jpeg

• Like 2

I know that the codes attatched to these proceedings will seem odd and bewildering to non-Brits and also the extreme depth of feelings that many here feel about The Queen. 

But the Palace never comments about the monarchs health unless there is no avoidable other option and it isn't like being told for example in the routine way we regularly read that Biden or Trump are receiving medical treatment.  It is simply never ever done.  So I guess many are holding their breath and would give almost anything for a miracle.

Sadly our much fairly reviled BBC are now all putting on black ties for live broadcast which is totally inappropriate.

Until CC recognizes the need for more appropriate symbols to react to posts I will just say that I acknowledge the depth of feeling and concern being expressed here.  The "Like" is not working for these posts.  Maybe the Cooler is the only thread where the 3 options are not enough.  😔

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mysty said:

Until CC recognizes the need for more appropriate symbols to react to posts I will just say that I acknowledge the depth of feeling and concern being expressed here.  The "Like" is not working for these posts.  Maybe the Cooler is the only thread where the 3 options are not enough.  😔

Ditto. The Like button does not work here today. 😪

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

All the Queen’s four children are now with her at Balmoral Castle. Along with her grandson, the Duke of Cambridge. This is a serious situation.   (I just read this in the news. How very sad )

Looking at the news now, family is still arriving at an airport in Aberdeen, Scotland. And I agree, it is quite the serious situation.

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Looking at the news now, family is still arriving at an airport in Aberdeen, Scotland. And I agree, it is quite the serious situation.

Yes, the world is affected by this because she has been loved by so many. I find it hard to believe that she has been Queen longer than I have been alive. Yes, and as an American, I am deeply saddened.

• Like 5