Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

I forgot to mention, I also just replaced my La Pavoni espresso machine.  The Gaggia Factory, made by La Pavoni, died after 24 years.  I have never had anything by Gaggenau, but my dishwasher is also 30 years old, so I might have a chance.  I do love kitchen appliances although I am not the chef that so many of the Coolers are.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I have Whirpool appliances. As for being a chef? Not me.

I have virtually no appliances  Lois, and am certainly not a chef.  I  like my coffee made in my cafetiere/French press best of all.  However, I do like nice and interesting food.  A bit of a problem unless you eat out all the time.

• Like 3

All the cat photos are lovely  and making me miss having a cat.  My last darling, Maya passed in 2 years ago and I decided it was best not to have pets as I travel so much.  Looking at these beauties makes me want to rethink that decision. 

Maya

IMG_1950.JPG

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

All the cat photos are lovely  and making me miss having a cat.  My last darling, Maya passed in 2 years ago and I decided it was best not to have pets as I travel so much.  Looking at these beauties makes me want to rethink that decision. 

Maya

IMG_1950.JPG

😍

Same situation here. When my runway gets shorter, as a friend recently called it, I might get a dog for a change. Cairn terrier or English bulldog, something like that.

• Like 3

Seeing all the lovely cats and dogs on here recently gave  me a calm, happy feeling - maybe we should try to have one of each posted at some time every day, as well as the funnies.  The  cats who hate each other really count as a funny.  Anyone feel the same?

• Like 10

I truly believe animals do have a calming presence, making one smile too.

I got my beautiful boy just after l lost my hubby twelve years ago and l can’t begin to tell you how much joy and pleasure he’s brought into my life….

DD tells me he gets treated far better than she ever did! 😉

😊

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have Whirpool appliances. As for being a chef? Not me.

Lois, in my last abode l had some Whirlpool appliances…best I’ve ever had…sadly had to leave them behind as my kitchen here isn’t big enough…

My mother was a brilliant cook and taught me a lot….but chef standard I’m not, l am however told that my traditional Sunday lunches are the best so I’m happy with that even though l now rarely cook them due to arthritic hands which can make me quite dangerous in the kitchen!

😊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Seeing all the lovely cats and dogs on here recently gave  me a calm, happy feeling - maybe we should try to have one of each posted at some time every day, as well as the funnies.  The  cats who hate each other really count as a funny.  Anyone feel the same?

Lovely idea.  Anything that brightens a day, calms and makes happy is always goodness.  

🙂

EDITED: The Times has some lovely furry/feathery pictures every week

Jeff

IMG_6322.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, lincslady said:

I have virtually no appliances  Lois, and am certainly not a chef.  I  like my coffee made in my cafetiere/French press best of all.  However, I do like nice and interesting food.  A bit of a problem unless you eat out all the time.

Hi Lola, you have a refrigerator and an oven though? Those and a microwave are the extent of my kitchen appliances.........and I use a Cusinart Single serve coffee machine (their version of a Kureig.)

Well yes, I admit to a fridge, cooker and seldom used microwave.  And part of the fridge for frozen things. Otherwise I would certainly go hungry.  I have to take my cafetiere and coffee to stay with son or daughter; don't like her machine coffee, and he and his wife do not make coffee, full stop.  If they have people to dinner I imagine they just offer them tea after!  I only have it at breakfast time, but am grumpy if I don't get it.  One of the few complaints about breakfast on ships - I ended up last few times having a double espresso put in a large cup and filled up with their slightly weedy coffee.

Yes, Jeff, I love the Times animal photos, they too brighten up your day.  My main extravagance is having the paper edition delivered every day, ridiculous I know but I feel the need.

• Like 4

@mysty, I need to pick your brain.  I haven’t even been on my first World Cruise yet (January next year), yet I am considering putting down a deposit on Silversea’s 2027 World Cruise.  Am I mad?

I would have posted this question on your WC thread, but I couldn’t find it. 😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grand Duchess said:

Happy yesterday in her happy place (Sylt)

a2c1b05b-cbd2-4e52-b5cd-53d42e47b491.jpeg

I was staying with friends in Niebul a couple of weeks ago.  We went to Sylt/Zylt on my last visit. Beautiful holiday location. Lots of good eateries.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

@mysty, I need to pick your brain.  I haven’t even been on my first World Cruise yet (January next year), yet I am considering putting down a deposit on Silversea’s 2027 World Cruise.  Am I mad?

I would have posted this question on your WC thread, but I couldn’t find it. 😕

I have responded on the WC  thread.  I didn't want to ruffle anyone's feathers here.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Beaches in Switzerland?  I'll have to bone up on my geography!  LOL

Northern Germany. 3 hours from Hamburg. Off the Danish coast, but still Germany.

27 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I was staying with friends in Niebul a couple of weeks ago.  We went to Sylt/Zylt on my last visit. Beautiful holiday location. Lots of good eateries.

It is my favourite place, I return at least once a year, sometimes twice. Perfect climate for me, 40 km of beach to walk, UNESCO nature reserve Wattenmeer, most Michelin star restaurants in one place in Germany, and a lovely hotel (Hotel Stadt Hamburg) where they treat me like a duchess. Love the bone dry Frisian humour too.

Frisian funeral:

IMG_2844.jpeg

• Like 4