Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

When we bought our lake home 2 years ago he replaced 8 televisions with Smart ones, new Sonos systems, new alarm system, replaced built in speakers with better ones. We have music everywhere. Don't get me started on the ski home. 

Sophia, are you sure you want him to invade your home? 

🤣

Think l may need an army of experts! 
Noting you are from Idaho reminded me of one of my very first visits to the US many moons ago when in a restaurant l asked the waiter what Idaho potatoes were…. assuming it was a kind of dish l hadn’t heard of….l felt a right chump when he quite simply told me they were just potatoes from Idaho….🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

Think l may need an army of experts! 
Noting you are from Idaho reminded me of one of my very first visits to the US many moons ago when in a restaurant l asked the waiter what Idaho potatoes were…. assuming it was a kind of dish l hadn’t heard of….l felt a right chump when he quite simply told me they were just potatoes from Idaho….🤦‍♀️

This comment is so funny about Idaho. My daughter in Florida tells her clients she is coming to visit her Mom in Idaho. They always ask her "why does your Mom want to live there. Isn't it just potatoes"?  

Actually, we are one of the fastest growing States with many leaving California etc for this wonderful beauty and lifestyle. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

This comment is so funny about Idaho. My daughter in Florida tells her clients she is coming to visit her Mom in Idaho. They always ask her "why does your Mom want to live there. Isn't it just potatoes"?  

Actually, we are one of the fastest growing States with many leaving California etc for this wonderful beauty and lifestyle. 

Sounds idyllic….my ‘chump’ moment was actually in Naples, Florida…😊

• Like 1

Another Sunday. Brazil is doing better in Olympics, temperature 25-27C, blue skies. Today I visited 3 more jaguars, but unfortunately, I won’t see them all, for the next 4 weekends I have other arrangements and them the exhibition will be over.

jaguar1.thumb.jpeg.e9b3e88a03ef70c96728a64a02f917a5.jpeg

jaguar3.thumb.jpeg.b1504c915370024e61daa5c9ba0bb1c8.jpeg

jaguar2.thumb.jpeg.f1ecc18f9c662a3d7796f7c403643a7f.jpeg

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Another Sunday. Brazil is doing better in Olympics, temperature 25-27C, blue skies. Today I visited 3 more jaguars, but unfortunately, I won’t see them all, for the next 4 weekends I have other arrangements and them the exhibition will be over.

Well done @Lirio! 🥰

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Cancel your arrangements, and take the photographs and post them.  

And that is an order!  🙂

They are sublime. I haven’t ever seen anything remotely like these and I can see why they are intoxicating.

Are the “formers” ie jaguar blanks all standard and purchased and painted because their shapes look identical? The toes give a decent clue.

Jeff

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Cancel your arrangements, and take the photographs and post them.  

And that is an order!  🙂

They are sublime. I haven’t ever seen anything remotely like these and I can see why they are intoxicating.

Are the “formers” ie jaguar blanks all standard and purchased and painted because their shapes look identical? The toes give a decent clue.

Jeff

Jeff, see in this link the project. Yes is all the same former with several artists invited to the their interpretation.

Unfortunately the site is only in portuguese. But you can try the google translator.

https://jaguarparade.com/rio2024/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Jeff, see in this link the project. Yes is all the same former with several artists invited to the their interpretation.

Unfortunately the site is only in portuguese. But you can try the google translator.

https://jaguarparade.com/rio2024/

Thanks for that - very much appreciated.  

The google translate was limited but good enough.  

I know the underlying purpose is wildlife protection but what I valued is that the art is purposefully not “precious”  and “inaccessible” and in some of the videos it shows them on the streets and kids being allowed to touch and caress them.  There is also kids making minor contributions to the process.  It’s so important that whilst kids are formative they see the creative process and even if in a limited way participate, and most certainly allowed to caress.  I think that if kids don’t form some sort of bond with art at that age then it proably never happens.  

Thanks again for introducing it. 

Jeff

• Like 2

I decided not to evacuate in anticipation of the hurricane, but I have been bagging ice, the bath tub is full, and I have cooked everything in the refrigerator.  I even made coffee figuring that cold coffee is better than no coffee.  It looks like we will get a direct hit from a Category 1 hurricane.   My fingers are crossed that it will not be a Cat 2.  The house has been through much worse, but without me in residence.  My biggest concern will be if we lose power and the temperature soars.  Ah, the joys of a beach house on the Gulf of Mexico.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I decided not to evacuate in anticipation of the hurricane, but I have been bagging ice, the bath tub is full, and I have cooked everything in the refrigerator.  I even made coffee figuring that cold coffee is better than no coffee.  It looks like we will get a direct hit from a Category 1 hurricane.   My fingers are crossed that it will not be a Cat 2.  The house has been through much worse, but without me in residence.  My biggest concern will be if we lose power and the temperature soars.  Ah, the joys of a beach house on the Gulf of Mexico.

I hope for the best!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Again, no appropriate emoji!  I hope you are spared the Furies @Emtbsam!  

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Hope it is ok for you …. and you have a few power stations/banks to keep broadband and streaming and radio going …

Jeff

48 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Wishing you all the best. I am much further north and all we are supposed to get is rain.

• Like 1

In May DW and I took a wonderful trip through Northern Italy (Lakes Como & Maggiore), Tuscany and Umbria.  It was mainly a land trip, but it did involve several boat cruises on Lake Como and Lake Maggiore – and the Italian Lakes are often included as an extension on river cruises.  I have posted the full blog and photos here, for those who are interested:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3021443-jazzbeaux-italian-lakes-tuscany-umbria-2024/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

It was 2:30 in the afternoon here. 😎

Silly us for not noticing.

I did find the foot pizza pretty horrible to look at.  However my four apparently brand new paperbacks by Louise Penny have just arrived!  I see she gets a recommendation on the cover from my fave British writer of similar books, Ann Cleeves. So a few extra early nights for me, and  review in due course, Mysty.

• Like 4