Thanks to Royal Caribbean, I'm considering a Life of Crime

Our camping vacation was abruptly cancelled last month, so we thought perhaps it would be a good time to book a trip on one of RCCL's BIG SHIPS. Doing some pretty impressive scrambling, I was able to find a cabin we could afford on the Oasis OTS and airfare from Seattle to Orlando two weeks before the cruise. Then I did a whole lot of frantic research of the ship and what to do onboard.

We had a nice cruise, and I may just write a review....

...Except for one thing.....

I got the three dinner package for the Specialty restaurants and we went to Giovanni's, Chops and 150 Park Central. All were great.

But at 150 Park Central, they start the meal with bread, no salt butter and six gourmet salts. I am a Salt Fiend and I actually already own at least 5 of the 6 salts. I may even have the 6th one in a sampler pack, I haven't looked yet.

But I fell in love with the very cute, flower shaped salt cellar. I want one, desperately! I want one more than I have ever wanted anything in my life!

I've done extensive searches on the internet, I've looked at the website on the salt list from the ship, I've searched restaurant supply houses, and no luck. I can find 2 chamber salt cellars or 6 little dishes, but no flower shaped salt cellars.

The only thing I can think to do at this point, is book another RCCL cruise, have dinner at 150 Park Central on the last night and STEAL a salt cellar! Then slip it by the Custom Agents and begin my life running from the RCCL police!

So if anyone has an idea of where I can find one of these to purchase, I would appreciate the chance to reform prior to turning to a Life of Crime!

:D

OMG!!!

THANK YOU!!!

I feel in love with it like the OP - now I don't to smuggle one off the ship in 2 weeks - but I do have to rob a bank for the salt dish!!!

Check Etsy....they have several different types.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/603222068/set-4-vintage-stainless-steel-salt?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=metal%20salt%20cellar&ref=sr_gallery-1-14

Also, have you ever checked out Saltworks? I like their samplers.

Edited by crzndeb

I am actually surprised they don't sell them on the ship like with those wine decanter things.

Don't know if there is any profit for Royal to do that? These are Limoges porcelain and cost about $175... lol! (But if I loved it like the OP, I would buy one, too!)

OMG! That is it! Now I just have to explain the cost to my DH! He does realize I have a passion for salt, but this might be just a little over the top!

Thank you! Thank you!

This is priceless. I laugh because when RC rolled out the first 150 Central Park, I wanted to '"borrow" the menu cover signed by the chef to frame for my favorite restaurants menu collection in my dining room. I asked, offered to pay, and they politely declined saying they only had 50 total and couldn't part with any. I do not look good in orange, nor was my dress loose enough to smuggle, so it's still on my wish list just in case anybody who is anybody with Royal or Santa is reading.

This was great, we too could not get over the opening salt serving and on our last two Oasis class ships we have done 150 twice, love that place. It opening my eyes to specially salts and I came home and ordered a set from a company up in the northwest, it came with some small serving dishes and spoons but not the same as the RCCL presentation. Thanks for the smile, glad to see there are some people on these boards who have a sense of humor.