Do the ships still Cigarettes?

14cruisegirl

My friend is going on a Celebrity Cruise. I remember back in the day the ships used to sell cartons of cigarettes and individual packs. She is aware there is smoking only in designated areas but is looking to bring some home and was curious if anyone has noticed on a recent cruise if they were for sale and if so how are the prices. Thanks in advance!!!

Our last 2 cruises on the Summit family members have been able to by cigarettes by the carton. They are sold in the shop that sells liquor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, that's where you buy them, but it's the duty free shop. I don't know if you can use what you buy before the last night of the cruise. You pick up booze at the end of the trip. Not like you can buy a duty free bottle of whisky and crack it open.

Just off Constellation and they do sell Cigarettes by the carton and I believe by the pack at some bars. Marlboro cost 30.75 when purchasing 4 cartons. About 35 dollars if you buy a single carton. When you buy them you can take directly back to your room from duty free shop.

Customs limits back into the U.S. is 1 Carton per person so if you get 4 you may need help from friends to bring them back legally.

BTW - there was a notice that Spain prohibits ships from selling cigarettes while in Spanish waters.

We don't smoke, but bring back cartons back for our dog sitters. Cigarettes are about $35 a carton in the liquor shop. They no longer sell the 5 carton pack. You don't mention where your friend is sailing, but we got a better deal on St. Kitts. We bought a total of 8 cartons, not realizing that we were restricted to 1 carton each. So on the night before debarking we took a chance and put 3 cartons in each suitcase and 1 carton in each carry on. We had no problems whatsoever.

We don't smoke, but bring back cartons back for our dog sitters. Cigarettes are about $35 a carton in the liquor shop. They no longer sell the 5 carton pack. You don't mention where your friend is sailing, but we got a better deal on St. Kitts. We bought a total of 8 cartons, not realizing that we were restricted to 1 carton each. So on the night before debarking we took a chance and put 3 cartons in each suitcase and 1 carton in each carry on. We had no problems whatsoever.

Marelaine, you do realize US Customs has a whole security section that monitors these type forums and when one of us posts how we are smuggling stuff into the US, they go to the forum company and force them to hand over your info and they will be waiting for you when you disembark on your next cruise and will give you a full inspection, and I do mean Full........

.........no, just kidding just thought it would be fun to post something like this! Enjoy and don’t even worry that this could happen, really I was just joking, no, don’t start having nightmares of guys in black suits, white shirts, thin black ties wearing sunglasses and not any smiles will be standing there with copies of your photos in their hand as you disembark.....please just relax and enjoy that cruise!

Den

Denny01 LOL. What do you mean by a full inspection? Might be a great way to end my cruise. ;)

My husband gets pulled over by TSA every time we fly. I'll be walking down the terminal chatting away at him and then no answer. I head back to TSA to see the man getting wanded- AGAIN. Last time they confiscated the Jolly Ranchers he stuffed in his pockets to throw them off the cigarettes.