Ultimate Dining Gratuities Question

I am one who always wants to be fair when it comes to gratuities. For the first time, we have booked the Ultimate Dining package. I don't plan to reduce the standard daily gratuity, but are we expected to add tips every night to our specialty dining as well? It seems a little like double dipping, since we won't being eating in the MDR at all. Please understand- I know the daily gratuities cover the room steward, Windjammer (which we may not use, either), etc.

I have always thought the same for the people that eat all their meals in the costal kitchen. If they have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the CK then do they still leave the tips on for the MDR.

It's the same thing. Coastal Kitchens is your dining location. The tips for the MDR are the tips for the CK. If you remove the gratuities for the MDR, then you'd need to tip for each meal in the CK. It's only difficult if you want it to be.

I have always thought the same for the people that eat all their meals in the costal kitchen. If they have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the CK then do they still leave the tips on for the MDR.

If they don’t use the MDR or windjammer then they would be tipping for nothing, and then still tipping again in the CK.

When you eat in the MDR at traditional fixed time, they know where you are. When you eat in the MDR for MTD, they take your cabin number and know where you are. That is how your gratuities are allotted. The same thing is true when you eat in Coastal Kitchen.