Enchanted Princess to Join Princess Cruises in 2020

LauraS

5 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

The photo of the Salty Dog Gastro Pub on the Enchanted Princess shows normal height tables and chairs rather than the tall tables with stools found on the other ships with this specialty restaurant.

Can't be an actual photo since it does not exist yet.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:09 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I think it’s a good new ship name even though it sounds more like the name of a Disney ship. 😉

That’s why I like it!  It also is a perfect fit with the Princess name.

Princess has revealed some of the new features. As well as the two Sky suites, the ship will include:

• A redesigned ‘Salty Dog Gastropub’. The venue will screen sporting events and offer a range of premium-range food and drink including the award-winning ‘Ernesto Burger’
  • A redesigned Sabatini’s speciality restaurant, Princess Cruises’ onboard Italian Trattoria, which will incorporate new handmade pasta dishes prepared fresh every day
  • An art deco design for The Princess Live TV studio and café, where guests can watch live entertainment, order drinks and light snacks
  • A ‘Wakeview’ pool on its rear decks
  • A newly-designed top-deck ‘Sanctuary’, Princess Cruises’ adults only relaxation area, which will house extra private cabanas

17 hours ago, paul929207 said:

On the Princess section of these boards, there are postings of the cruises that will become available the next week or so. This includes the ones on the Enchanted. First cruise is June 18, 2020. It is 11 days from Rome to Southampton.

Thank you very much...............found it and hope to book something this week!........good luck to all!

This was posted by dides on another Enchanted post. Hope you don't mind me reposting?

We had a deck plan link sent through by email in the UK - I've attached it. Similar to Sky Princess but noticed:

- there is a Crooners! But its on deck 6 around the Piazza

- Gastropub instead of Vines in the Piazza

- new dining room names: Estrella, Cielo, Soleil

- The Bar (in Club 6 location) is called Take 5 but is still on 6

- Bellinis and Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar have swapped decks compared to other Royal class ships

Deck Plan.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

This was posted by dides on another Enchanted post. Hope you don't mind me reposting?

We had a deck plan link sent through by email in the UK - I've attached it. Similar to Sky Princess but noticed:

- there is a Crooners! But its on deck 6 around the Piazza

- Gastropub instead of Vines in the Piazza

- new dining room names: Estrella, Cielo, Soleil

- The Bar (in Club 6 location) is called Take 5 but is still on 6

- Bellinis and Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar have swapped decks compared to other Royal class ships

Deck Plan.pdf

Thanks & here are some other changes I’ve noticed.

Deck 5

• Salty Dog Gastropub replaces Vines
  •  360° Restaurant has taken some of the Sabatini‘s area 

Deck 6

• Crooners to shops space
  • Shops to the majority of the photo area which is much smaller 

It’s surprising to me that the Enchanted shows the new name for Club 6 but the same space on the Sky still shows “Bar/Lounge”.  On the Sky it also shows a CGI of a “New Themed Bar Coming Soon” which shows a piano and Roaring 20’s photos (Babe Ruth & Flappers) on the walls which appears to be the Club 6 location.

Edited by Astro Flyer

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks & here are some other changes I’ve noticed.

Deck 5

• Salty Dog Gastropub replaces Vines
  •  360° Restaurant has taken some of the Sabatini‘s area 

Deck 6

• Crooners to shops space
  • Shops to the majority of the photo area which is much smaller 

It’s surprising to me that the Enchanted shows the new name for Club 6 but the same space on the Sky still shows “Bar/Lounge”.  On the Sky it also shows a CGI of a “New Themed Bar Coming Soon” which shows a piano and Roaring 20’s photos (Babe Ruth & Flappers) on the walls which appears to be the Club 6 location.

I would hope the piano bar would be like the Carnival ones where there is seating all around the piano. Makes for a nice lively atmosphere when you have a good piano bar entertainer.

10 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

I would hope the piano bar would be like the Carnival ones where there is seating all around the piano. Makes for a nice lively atmosphere when you have a good piano bar entertainer.

Or dueling pianos like as I recall was on RCI...a very lively atmosphere & something we enjoyed even more than at Crooners.

Apparently they figure that the gastropub will be more profitable than Vines which is mostly used at night.  Like loyal Crooners’ passengers, there will be loyal Vines passengers unhappy about it being eliminated from the Enchanted.

Edited by Astro Flyer

32 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Or dueling pianos like as I recall was on RCI...a very lively atmosphere & something we enjoyed even more than at Crooners.

I remember that on RCCL years ago. We spent most evening in the lounge where they had this and had a great time. Always hoped we would see it again.

31 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

You mean like the dueling pianos that were originally planned for the Royal Princess?

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/More-Royal-Princess-Revealed-120220.cfm

(Scroll down to Crooners Martini Bar)

31 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

3 hours ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

You mean like the dueling pianos that were originally planned for the Royal Princess?

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/More-Royal-Princess-Revealed-120220.cfm

(Scroll down to Crooners Martini Bar)

Yes...the Crooners dueling glass pianos in the CGI photos of the Royal’s initial promotion.  Another image showed 2 full size midship pools which became 1 full size & 1 smaller splash pool.

Yea, it seems like the Royal Class ships are a combination of really good and really bad ideas, LOL. But I guess it's all a matter of personal preference. We love the larger Piazza and buffet, agree with everyone that the Promenade sucks. Having an aft pool will be nice, but can't believe they're still trying to do 'dancing fountains'. Let it go, Princess, just let it go!

We look forward to checking out Ocean Medallion on our next cruise.

Thanks for posting this new ship info.  Looks like maybe Princess will build all the Ocean Medallion tech stuff into ship before it arrives; instead of retrofitting it;  so this will be a thrill