Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

50 minutes ago, Piaa said:

No but remember they do have a white night where everyone wears white (I found this out from a friend who had sailed with Azamara and not my travel agent so thank God she told me or I would have stuck out like a sore thumb 🤣)

Not everyone wears white and many wear a white T-shirt or blouse with beige or other light ish colour trousers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Not everyone wears white and many wear a white T-shirt or blouse with beige or other light ish colour trousers

I agree - but if you are wearing black, multi-colored floral prints, bright blue etc you do stand out - I just thought it was a nice thing to point out on a "Tips For Azamara Newbies" thread !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mora_2022 said:

Short question: Can I pre-book anything like drinks or dining packages etc. online before my cruise except for excursions?

I think you can book drinks packages beforehand, but have to ring up beforehand. You can also book the Essentials packages beforehand and start using the OBC that comes with those packages straight away.

• Like 2

Sailing Azamara for the first time.  We will be on the Quest in August sailing out of Dublin.  We board on August 20 but don't sail until the evening of August 21.  Does anyone know if Azamara allows us to leave the ship the first evening so that we can explore Dublin (since we won't sail out until the next evening)?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, simpson168 said:

Sailing Azamara for the first time.  We will be on the Quest in August sailing out of Dublin.  We board on August 20 but don't sail until the evening of August 21.  Does anyone know if Azamara allows us to leave the ship the first evening so that we can explore Dublin (since we won't sail out until the next evening)?

Thanks.

In normal circumstances this is allowed. It should be OK proving that Ireland puts no restrictions on cruise ship passengers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Quest in a couple of weeks. Husband noted the Azamara website recommends a suit or sports jacket for dining. Are they usually worn? He has long sleeve dress shirts and shoes, ties, and slacks. We have one night in specialty dining.

Thanks for your help.

Things are very informal. I don't have a jacket, or a tie, for that matter.

Smart casual will do at dinner. 

I'd be interested to learn how you know that you have one night's speciality dining? 

13 minutes ago, blag said:

Things are very informal. I don't have a jacket, or a tie, for that matter.

Smart casual will do at dinner

Hi from Stockholm, Sweden 😃 We'll embark our very first Azamara cruise, onboard Pursuit, departure June 7th from Lisbon. Do you say that I don't have to bring a suit / a jacket / or even a tie onboard our upcoming 10-n cruise? 😏

We have been on several Azamara cruises and I never bring a suit, jacket or tie.  A nice shirt and long pants and you will be very comfortable dining at any of the restaurants.  If you want to wear a jacket, its OK and you won't feel out of place.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Frode said:

Hi from Stockholm, Sweden 😃 We'll embark our very first Azamara cruise, onboard Pursuit, departure June 7th from Lisbon. Do you say that I don't have to bring a suit / a jacket / or even a tie onboard our upcoming 10-n cruise? 😏

I don't possess either a jacket, suit or a tie, so I cannot pack either.

If you feel comfortable wearing either/both, but it is not necessary.

I agree, in speciality dining, long trousers are a must.

We have never eaten in the main dining room, so I am unable to comment on dress code there. 

Edited by blag
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

Thank you all for your input. One less item to pack

@blagWe have a Club Veranda Plus Stateroom. We can’t book the dining night until we are onboard but it is one of the perks. 🤷‍♀️ 

Understood. Thanks. 

Main dining room is much more casual than it used to be. Jeans are fine as long as they are not torn. We don’t take any dress clothes with us other than dockers/slacks and a blouse/shirt for Aqualina/Prime C.

Need advice, please...  We'll go onboard Pursuit June 7th in Lisbon for our very first Azamara cruise ☺️
Three days ago I received an e-mail (incl a 13 pages enclosure, ie the "Guest Vacation Documents") from Azamara. They want me to sign in to my account at Azamara's homepage to do the online check-in.

However, when I log into my Azamara account (no problem doing that) to do our online check-in, it says that “check-in unavailable”. Somebody else familiar with this? Why is it not possible for me to do the online check-in? 🙄

A couple of questions from this ‘newbie’:

Are excursion prices cheaper if you book online pre-cruise?  On the website it says “Select and Save - Book early and apply OBC for added savings”

On Med cruises, does Az add tax to the cost of the upgraded drinks package prices?  (They do on NCL)

TIA

7 hours ago, Frode said:

Need advice, please...  We'll go onboard Pursuit June 7th in Lisbon for our very first Azamara cruise ☺️
Three days ago I received an e-mail (incl a 13 pages enclosure, ie the "Guest Vacation Documents") from Azamara. They want me to sign in to my account at Azamara's homepage to do the online check-in.

However, when I log into my Azamara account (no problem doing that) to do our online check-in, it says that “check-in unavailable”. Somebody else familiar with this? Why is it not possible for me to do the online check-in? 🙄

Our online check-in did not become available until 28 days before departure ... 

13 hours ago, Beamafar said:

A couple of questions from this ‘newbie’:

Are excursion prices cheaper if you book online pre-cruise?  On the website it says “Select and Save - Book early and apply OBC for added savings”

On Med cruises, does Az add tax to the cost of the upgraded drinks package prices?  (They do on NCL)

TIA

In my experience (pre-covid spanning a number of years) shore excursions are mostly (but not always) a little less expensive when purchased prior to boarding.

Popular excursions may sell out early, so if there is a particular one you are interested in I would book early.

Sometimes excursions may be cancelled due to lack of interest (not enough bookings).

I am unable to answer your other question, as we have never felt the need to upgrade to a drinks package. We are wine drinkers and have been able to substitute another wine for a daily offering we did not like. The offerings change daily - 2 reds, 2 whites and a rose (although the rose may be the same throughout).

Enjoy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I am unable to answer your other question, as we have never felt the need to upgrade to a drinks package. We are wine drinkers and have been able to substitute another wine for a daily offering we did not like. The offerings change daily - 2 reds, 2 whites and a rose (although the rose may be the same throughout).

Enjoy!

……….and a sparkling wine which also doesn’t change.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

In my experience (pre-covid spanning a number of years) shore excursions are mostly (but not always) a little less expensive when purchased prior to boarding.

Popular excursions may sell out early, so if there is a particular one you are interested in I would book early.

Sometimes excursions may be cancelled due to lack of interest (not enough bookings).

Enjoy!

Thank you!

We have $500 OBC for shore excursions so I’ve taken your advice and booked the ones we really want to do. 

We intend to upgrade to the Ultimate drinks package for cognac and Bailey’s, plus DH drinks Heineken draught when cruising, which is not included, otherwise.  Our TA reckons that NCL are the only ones who add on tax to the cost when in Europe.  (We’ve always upgraded to the highest package on our cruises). 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:09 AM, Frode said:

We are on the same sailing and the details for us are the same as you describe. We also never got the email you mentioned.

It's now T-24 days. Can't check in and no documents are visible as yet.

No overly impressed at the whole process since booking.