Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

6 hours ago, les37b said:

We are on the same sailing and the details for us are the same as you describe. We also never got the email you mentioned.

It's now T-24 days. Can't check in and no documents are visible as yet.

No overly impressed at the whole process since booking.

I’m 29 days out, and now have my boarding documents but check-in isn’t available. For me, it is not that big of a deal unless it is down to the final week.

My way of thinking…could be two legitimate reasons for a delay to be a benefit.

- Making sure your documents are updated with the latest requirements. Ex. If they relax things starting June 1st, then I am happy to get documents that reflect that 10 days ahead of the cruise.

- They think an upgrade might be offered, or some other change, and would rather get it right the first time. 

I’ll wait…

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:09 AM, Frode said:

Need advice, please...  We'll go onboard Pursuit June 7th in Lisbon for our very first Azamara cruise ☺️
Three days ago I received an e-mail (incl a 13 pages enclosure, ie the "Guest Vacation Documents") from Azamara. They want me to sign in to my account at Azamara's homepage to do the online check-in.

However, when I log into my Azamara account (no problem doing that) to do our online check-in, it says that “check-in unavailable”. Somebody else familiar with this? Why is it not possible for me to do the online check-in? 🙄

Today, 20 days before our departure from Lisbon onboard Pursuit June 7th, the “check-in” link at my account at Azamara’s homepage was activated 🤗 So today we successfully did the online check-in 👍🙏

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Frode said:

Today, 20 days before our departure from Lisbon onboard Pursuit June 7th, the “check-in” link at my account at Azamara’s homepage was activated 🤗 So today we successfully did the online check-in 👍🙏

Good to know. We are 32 days out from our cruise. I will check in again at day 20! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Good to know. We are 32 days out from our cruise. I will check in again at day 20! Enjoy your cruise!

Mine also opened up 20 days before (same cruise) so can now add my passport details, photos and check in. There is however no documents, which I suspect is down to the upgrade bid. Hopefully a good sign!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, les37b said:

Mine also opened up 20 days before (same cruise) so can now add my passport details, photos and check in. There is however no documents, which I suspect is down to the upgrade bid. Hopefully a good sign!

We are 4 days away from sailing and we have no documents to download or luggage tags.

3 hours ago, les37b said:

I spoke too soon. The check-in option and adding personal details has now vanished! Luckily I hadn't filled in and posted or I'd have been a bit miffed. The health popup stating antigen costs has also vanished.

1 hour ago, joyride said:

I logged into Azamara's website this morning and my Cruise Documents and Luggage tags are now (Finally) available. We are 8 days from sailing on the Pursuit.

I am happy for you that you got your documents in time. Your situation brings up a question of my own:

I'm going to fly to Japan 8 days before boarding my Azamara cruise in Tokyo.  I don't know whether I'll have access to the internet, let alone a printer, while I'm traveling. 

How can we get our documents earlier?

Royal Caribbean does but here is the latest from RCL's website

On January 19th, 2021, the Royal Caribbean Group announced it had entered into a definitive agreement to sell our sister brand Azamara to Sycamore Partners, a private equity firm specializing in consumer, retail and distribution investments. The transaction was completed on March 19th, 2021.

As a result of the announcement, Azamara is no longer be part of the MyCruise® Rewards program. Rest assured, as a valued Royal Caribbean Visa Signature cardholder, all other program benefits remain the same including:

• Double Points on qualifying purchases with Royal Caribbean® and Celebrity Cruises®
  • 1 Point per $1 spent on purchases everywhere else
  • Points expire 5 years after the month they were earned

As travel points can be given with many cards from 3-5 pts/$ there are better options out there.

• Thanks 1

Taking our second cruise ever and our first on Azamara  and trying to figure out what amenities to purchase. One easy question - the Azamara site says the suite occupants get "complimentary specialty dining". Does that mean we can eat at the specialty restaurants whenever we want without the listed additional cost? If so that would mean we wouldn't any of the dining packages, right?

Suite guests can eat in the specialty restaurant whenever you want at NO extra charge.  Have your booking list ready and hand in to staff located at entrance of Windows Cafe on day one. You can always change later.  Also you can order from Discoveries Menu (MDR), or you could in the past.

13 minutes ago, comparto said:

Suite guests can eat in the specialty restaurant whenever you want at NO extra charge.  Have your booking list ready and hand in to staff located at entrance of Windows Cafe on day one. You can always change later.  Also you can order from Discoveries Menu (MDR), or you could in the past.

Thanks. So no Dining Package needed for us. Great! Now to sound like a real Newb ... you said I can order from the Discoveries Menu. Isn't Discoveries the main dining room that we would eat at instead of one of the specialty restaurants?  Are you saying I could order from that menu when eating in one of the specialty restaurants instead of the menu for the specialty restaurant? Would I do that just for the ambience of the specialty restaurant instead of the main Dining room?

We like Prime Rib, which is not ( previously ) on the specialty restaurant menu, so we order Prime Rib whilst sitting in Prime C/Aqualina , which we prefer ambiance/service etc .... but I am talking 2 years ago; sailing in 24 days ..  . excited to be back cruising again

Another newbie here.  Our first Azamara cruise will be on Journey April 29, 2023.  I've heard there is such a thing as AzAmazing Evenings.  How do I find out more information and if there will be one on our cruise?  Also, our cruise is very port intensive (there are no "at sea" days).  Which night should I expect the white night party?   Thanks!

AzAmazing Evenings are temporarily replaced by Destination Celebrations (basically the AzAmazing Evening entertainment brought on board and offered two times to fit around early/late dinner).  But as Covid restrictions diminish, we can expect the true AzAmazing Evenings to return.

The White Night party will be on a day that you are in port late, as it is so much better on the sun deck and that (I think) requires being in port to keep the wind down. 

10 hours ago, jwilcox said:

Taking our second cruise ever and our first on Azamara  and trying to figure out what amenities to purchase. One easy question - the Azamara site says the suite occupants get "complimentary specialty dining". Does that mean we can eat at the specialty restaurants whenever we want without the listed additional cost? If so that would mean we wouldn't any of the dining packages, right?

That’s correct, if you are in suite  you can eat in the speciality restaurants at any time at no extra cost. 

4 hours ago, RummyB said:

Another newbie here.  Our first Azamara cruise will be on Journey April 29, 2023.  I've heard there is such a thing as AzAmazing Evenings.  How do I find out more information and if there will be one on our cruise?  Also, our cruise is very port intensive (there are no "at sea" days).  Which night should I expect the white night party?   Thanks!

You can ask about the White Night when you get on board.

9 hours ago, jwilcox said:

One more questions - the Essentials package comes with the Premium Beverage package. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the Premium Beverage package to the Ultimate Beverage package?

You should be able to.

One thing about the Essentials package, do check that this represents good value for you if you are thinking about buying it. It depends on the length of your cruise and whether you would use all the components.

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

That’s correct, if you are in suite  you can eat in the speciality restaurants at any time at no extra cost. 

But you can't just walk in without making a reservation, and reservations  are first-come, first-reserved.

• Like 2