Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

What size groups can I expect on Azamara Quest shore excursions? We’re booked on the Quest May 26th Grand Prix cruise out of Barcelona and it is hard to tell by the descriptions. 

A Walk Through Lucca and Winery

Tuscan Gems: Volterra & San Gimignano

Marseille On Foot for Foodies

Thanks for your help.

32 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

What size groups can I expect on Azamara Quest shore excursions? We’re booked on the Quest May 26th Grand Prix cruise out of Barcelona and it is hard to tell by the descriptions. 

A Walk Through Lucca and Winery

Tuscan Gems: Volterra & San Gimignano

Marseille On Foot for Foodies

Thanks for your help.

Azamara in the past has limited excursions to 26 passengers.

https://www.azamara.com/browse-shore-excursions

The excursions I took in January were <20 people, but ship numbers were low.  I would assume ~26 in May.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:18 AM, islandwoman said:

Sounds like one large bus full?

More like one large bus around half full.

At least that's what it would have looked like on tours I have done with Azamara in Europe.

Buses usually carried 48 to 54 passengers and I believe that numbers are currently restricted by Azamara to allow social distancing on the bus.

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Baynanno1 was wondering in all your travels have you ever disembarked in Istanbul ? We cannot seem to get a straight answer as to whether ( as Australian citizens) we need a Visa once we leave ship even though we are going straight to airport. I know we don’t need a Visa to go on shore excursions provided it is not more than 72 hrs in port.

8 people were in Discoveries for lunch today. What a shame! Hint for newbies: don't miss lunch in Discoveries when it is offered, which isn't often. One of my favorites experiences.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NC&amp;KY said:

8 people were in Discoveries for lunch today. What a shame! Hint for newbies: don't miss lunch in Discoveries when it is offered, which isn't often. One of my favorites experiences.

Usually on sea days; sometimes port days if high passenger load.

21 hours ago, Hamwen3839 said:

Baynanno1 was wondering in all your travels have you ever disembarked in Istanbul ? We cannot seem to get a straight answer as to whether ( as Australian citizens) we need a Visa once we leave ship even though we are going straight to airport. I know we don’t need a Visa to go on shore excursions provided it is not more than 72 hrs in port.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer either.

We disembarked in Istanbul from an Istanbul to Istanbul cruise in 2015, but we had a visa having stayed in Istanbul pre-cruise.

Hopefully someone else will be able to provide an answer for you.

Enjoy your cruise!

11 hours ago, NC&KY said:

Today we docked in Trieste at 1:00, so lunch was offered there noon to 1.

Thank you for letting us know that lunch in Discoveries is also sometimes offered when there is a late/ lunchtime  arrival in port.  I expect they are trying to spread the load , as everyone would probably like to eat before going  ashore. 

Edited by combine
  • Like 2

Just now, USC Adventurer said:

thank you for the link to the megnetic clips.  how many do i need for my cabin shower curtain? 

You really don't need any.  I've taken hundreds of showers in those small showers with no issues.  Just wet down the shower curtain before starting your shower.  This is the biggest "much ado about nothing" topic ever.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, buget traveler said:

We are new to Azamara cruise.

Do they have formal nights?

No but remember they do have a white night where everyone wears white (I found this out from a friend who had sailed with Azamara and not my travel agent so thank God she told me or I would have stuck out like a sore thumb 🤣)