How Sweet Will The Suite Life Be On The Edge?

vtcruising

19 minutes ago, BurBunny said:

I easily took my rocker out on my own. However, every time I did, my steward brought it back in next time he was in the room. 

Made me laugh!  We have had so many experiences when the OCD cabin/room attendant just had to rearrange things back to the ship/hotel standard, vs. my OCD way of rearranging them to my personal taste! :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

VT:  You were in 10147, which is an S1.  When I study the deck plans, I can't figure out why 10191 to 10205 cost less (as S2s):  they are 'on the hump' so have better views off their balcony, and they really aren't that far from mid-ship [and slightly aft is always smoother].  To me, they look like the best-value suites on Edge.  What's your take on that?

I think it is like the AQ cabins - there is only about $100 difference between AQ 1 and 2 and it’s all about location - higher or more central. The S1’s and S2’s are usually about $100 apart - the S1’s are more central on 10 (between the elevators) and the S1’s On 11 are less central, but higher. The S2’s on 9 are central, but lower. Doesn’t make a lot of difference so I guess the S2’s are a better deal, if you are happy with the location (and they all reportedly have beds that face the ocean).😀

I really liked the 10147 location, closer to the Retreat elevators (but still not so far from the aft elevators) and with the booking change I went from an aft S1 to a mid- ship S1 - even trade after final payment so no hassles. 🙂

1 hour ago, BurBunny said:

I easily took my rocker out on my own. However, every time I did, my steward brought it back in next time he was in the room. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gray-Inflatable-Foot-Rest-Portable-Pad-Footrest-Pillow-Plane-Train-Flight-Travel/355983153?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=18183&adid=22222222228155940010&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=267982827311&wl4=pla-443792324839&wl5=9060478&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=125210735&wl11=online&wl12=355983153&wl13=&veh=sem

found a grey inflatable footrest- it should go nicely with my KH rocker. 😉

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I have that footrest and use it on all long plane trips - it is wonderful and if I don't get one on my balcony in April I will be using that instead.  I agree that it will pair nicely with the rocker:classic_tongue:  I sure hope I get a table to eat on inside and / or on the balcony🤞

6 hours ago, 8mma said:

I have that footrest and use it on all long plane trips - it is wonderful and if I don't get one on my balcony in April I will be using that instead.  I agree that it will pair nicely with the rocker:classic_tongue:  I sure hope I get a table to eat on inside and / or on the balcony🤞

Off to search for a grey inflatable table....😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

For $10 bucks that is a great thing to take along.  Now if only the Butler could be convinced to inflate it.......

• Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes both those things would make the M-class CS cabins nicer, but I doubt that either is going to happen.  They added the balconies at some point after the ships were built [notice in the picture I posted above that there is no balcony], so I doubt that the structure of the ship can support more.  The bath tub is a real safety hazard, so maybe they would consider turning some of them into large rain showers [with doors, please :classic_wink:] – Azamara ripped out the tubs in 1/2 of their CC suites so you get a choice.

I totally agree.  On my Edge cruising coming up in November I chose a Celebrity suite as the original pictures showed a separate shower.  I don't understand why Celerity puts in these tubs.  I don't like a tub bath and have bad knees so getting in their tubs are hard for me.  Now I usually take a Royal Suite so I have a shower, unfortunately on Edge the RS was so expensive I took a Celebrity Suite.  I hope they at least add a shower curtain to the tub.  It is a big safety factor getting out on a wet floor.  

Pat

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

What a great find on the inflatable footrest. I never heard of this.  And it is grey, so it matches the Edge decor. Not too shabby!   

I bet they sell out quick now that we all have to bring our own footrest. :classic_smile:

I added it to my Christmas list! Hope Santa is listening and brings all the Edgies a grey footrest for Christmas! 😉

11 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I added it to my Christmas list! Hope Santa is listening and brings all the Edgies a grey footrest for Christmas! 😉

Sorry, but Santa shouldn't have to do that, Celebrity should be providing footstools as they have on all the other ships, even if they are collapsible or inflatable.  It is a perk that is offered with certain cabin categories from Concierge on up, and Celebrity should not be taking that away, especially with how much they are charging.  

• Like 1

Cabin S2. 9174

This cabin has the bed facing the sea and the balcony does not have a pole. The right side of the cabin is a fire wall, this the balcony wall on the right is all steel top to bottom. The balcony as most have mentioned is a decent size and could have used a bigger table and lounger or reclining chair. We found out how really tiny the table was this morning when room service was delivered. Even the Butler had no idea how to set things up probably. Still we managed to enjoy breakfast on the balcony. 

The ship is great, beautiful, and still some more exploring to do.

Last two photos.

1. Original Balcony setup

2. After I rearranged things this morning 

9EDC6EBA-6F2A-4142-B057-1598D9C80DC5.png

E4C1BCA8-A7D0-4E9B-978C-F699A0C4E987.jpeg

4ED4215E-76F2-4E12-8D4C-80FDDADCAA36.png

8CAD4127-CF30-4507-AF60-78CE59C71B4A.png

9719F251-2574-48B6-84C2-AE819D6B954A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Cabin S2. 9174

This cabin has the bed facing the sea and the balcony does not have a pole. The right side of the cabin is a fire wall, this the balcony wall on the right is all steel top to bottom. The balcony as most have mentioned is a decent size and could have used a bigger table and lounger or reclining chair. We found out how really tiny the table was this morning when room service was delivered. Even the Butler had no idea how to set things up probably. Still we managed to enjoy breakfast on the balcony. 

The ship is great, beautiful, and still some more exploring to do.

Last two photos.

1. Original Balcony setup

2. After I rearranged things this morning 

9EDC6EBA-6F2A-4142-B057-1598D9C80DC5.png

E4C1BCA8-A7D0-4E9B-978C-F699A0C4E987.jpeg

4ED4215E-76F2-4E12-8D4C-80FDDADCAA36.png

8CAD4127-CF30-4507-AF60-78CE59C71B4A.png

9719F251-2574-48B6-84C2-AE819D6B954A.jpeg

LOL! It looks like we all have had the same idea. The hassock in the bathroom (vanity seat) could be used as a nice footrest or another table. :classic_smile:

Glad you are liking the ship! She is a beauty!!!

18 hours ago, vtcruising said:

OK now we have a money making idea along with your Edge T-shirt.  Buy a bunch of grey inflatable footrests and then somehow add a label that says Edge Inflatable Balcony Furniture.  We can sell them at the ports!  Can't miss$

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

LOL! It looks like we all have had the same idea. The hassock in the bathroom (vanity seat) could be used as a nice footrest or another table. :classic_smile:

Glad you are liking the ship! She is a beauty!!!

We used the hassock every morning on the verandah for breakfast along with the tiny table. It was still inadequate. Information we received is that Corporate is aware of guest's disappointment with the current situation and are working on a solution for the tables for meals. But only the tables, not the chairs. It shall be interesting to see what their solution will be.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We used the hassock every morning on the verandah for breakfast along with the tiny table. It was still inadequate. Information we received is that Corporate is aware of guest's disappointment with the current situation and are working on a solution for the tables for meals. But only the tables, not the chairs. It shall be interesting to see what their solution will be.

I guees dragging out the rocker and other stuff is not an issue for them, at this point, as you can request loungers etc...table or something like it will be nice!  Rome wasn't built in a day...so you staying with the S1 aft again...

Edited by Lastdance

1 minute ago, Lastdance said:

I guees dragging out the rocker and other stuff is not an issue for them, at this point, as you can request loungers etc...table or something like it will be nice!  Rome wasn't built in a day...so I believe you are staying with the aft suite...

Yes, we really enjoy being on the Aft. 😊

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RodPat said:

I totally agree.  On my Edge cruising coming up in November I chose a Celebrity suite as the original pictures showed a separate shower.  I don't understand why Celerity puts in these tubs.  I don't like a tub bath and have bad knees so getting in their tubs are hard for me.  Now I usually take a Royal Suite so I have a shower, unfortunately on Edge the RS was so expensive I took a Celebrity Suite.  I hope they at least add a shower curtain to the tub.  It is a big safety factor getting out on a wet floor.  

Pat

Pat--we just got off 10 nights on the Edge in a CS.  Wonderful cabin.  The tub/shower combo does not have a shower curtain.  The partial glass door was not great and leaked.  We used towels on the floor.  Hope this info helps you.  The crew is great, food wonderful, but there are some misses on the ship--some which will be corrected in time. Enjoy your cruise.

16 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Pat--we just got off 10 nights on the Edge in a CS.  Wonderful cabin.  The tub/shower combo does not have a shower curtain.  The partial glass door was not great and leaked.  We used towels on the floor.  Hope this info helps you.  The crew is great, food wonderful, but there are some misses on the ship--some which will be corrected in time. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi NJ Gal.  We will be in a CS next month.  Glad you loved the cabin.  Did you ask your butler or room steward about the shower issue?  Is the solution really just using a lot of towels or do they have a fix in mind? Did you ask for a lounger on the balcony?  Any other CS related tips?

Thank You!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, TeeRick said:

Hi NJ Gal.  We will be in a CS next month.  Glad you loved the cabin.  Did you ask your butler or room steward about the shower issue?  Is the solution really just using a lot of towels or do they have a fix in mind? Did you ask for a lounger on the balcony?  Any other CS related tips?

Thank You!

Hi TeeRick,

As I mentioned, we loved our CS  on deck 11.  It was a convenient location for us and near an elevator.  The tub shower had a door over just a small part of the tub.  We did mention to our butler and cabin attendant that it leaked especially at the seam where it was attached to the wall section. It just needs a much larger door.  Will they replace it?  Who knows?  My DH was not happy with the curved tub and felt it would not be safe in rough seas. As to our balcony, we had a table with 2 chairs plus two other comfortable chairs and a small round table which we used as a foot stool.  We didn't feel we needed loungers. Soaps and lotions in the bath are in pump bottles which were very hard to use.  Make sure to ask your butler how to turn on the light around the make-up mirror.  There is a switch on the side of the electrical box which we did not find until near the end of the cruise.  The baths have lots of storage, but no towel bars. You will find plenty of closet space and lots of drawers, too.  I hope these hints help.  I will not comment on the rest of the ship as many many other posts have touched on these subjects. Some have been very accurate while others have been more  personal observations.  We really loved the ship, had a great time & are glad we were on the 3 day preview and the  maiden 7 day voyage. The crew was great, friendly, and helpful with our learning about this new ship.  

12 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Hi TeeRick,

As I mentioned, we loved our CS  on deck 11.  It was a convenient location for us and near an elevator.  The tub shower had a door over just a small part of the tub.  We did mention to our butler and cabin attendant that it leaked especially at the seam where it was attached to the wall section. It just needs a much larger door.  Will they replace it?  Who knows?  My DH was not happy with the curved tub and felt it would not be safe in rough seas. As to our balcony, we had a table with 2 chairs plus two other comfortable chairs and a small round table which we used as a foot stool.  We didn't feel we needed loungers. Soaps and lotions in the bath are in pump bottles which were very hard to use.  Make sure to ask your butler how to turn on the light around the make-up mirror.  There is a switch on the side of the electrical box which we did not find until near the end of the cruise.  The baths have lots of storage, but no towel bars. You will find plenty of closet space and lots of drawers, too.  I hope these hints help.  I will not comment on the rest of the ship as many many other posts have touched on these subjects. Some have been very accurate while others have been more  personal observations.  We really loved the ship, had a great time & are glad we were on the 3 day preview and the  maiden 7 day voyage. The crew was great, friendly, and helpful with our learning about this new ship.  

Thanks NJ Gal.  Are you still in NJ?  We are northwest of Philadelphia.  We actually have the one CS that they put on deck 12.  Thanks for the hints.  Hopefully they will modify the shower door or add a curtain?  Strange that there are no towel bars!  Looking forward to seeing Edge for ourselves.  How was your overall Luminae experience?  

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, BurBunny said:

I'm sure they are concerned about the salt air/rain and weather in general affecting the finish on the chair.....

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks NJ Gal.  Are you still in NJ?  We are northwest of Philadelphia.  We actually have the one CS that they put on deck 12.  Thanks for the hints.  Hopefully they will modify the shower door or add a curtain?  Strange that there are no towel bars!  Looking forward to seeing Edge for ourselves.  How was your overall Luminae experience?  

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Good morning TeeRick,

We know your area well as we lived in Abington many years ago and now live in Hunterdon Cty, NJ. There is one towel bar in the shower, but none near the two sinks.  We did have a very comfortable rocker in our cabin.  That is the one people are taking out to their balcony.  Luminae was wonderful with good food and great service.  Some have mentioned that the menu selections were limited, but we did not feel that way and always found something wonderful to eat.  Food always arrived hot and well prepared.  The chef was flexible in helping to meet dietary needs.

7 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

I'm sure they are concerned about the salt air/rain and weather in general affecting the finish on the chair.....

Which I completely understood.  Just was funny, especially since we were turned down for our request for the lounger when another aft suite was granted theirs.  Just the little games we play...

• Like 1

I was reading through the comments on the Edge stateroom “sticky” this morning and there were 2 photos by Marilyn (vtcruising) that caught my attention. Both of the photos are from S1's. They show the furniture with drawers near the sliding glass doors.

The first photo is of the S1 portside. Note the length of the cabinet, it goes all the way to the window.

The second photo is of the S1aft that we stayed in. Note that the cabinet is half the size of the one in the other suite. My DH and I were very unhappy when we were unpacking as the drawers in the cabinet were extremely small and shallow making them impractical for storing clothing items, especially on TA's or longer cruises.

There was no reason that we can see for X to have reduced the size of the cabinet. The only “benefit” is that the Kelly Hoppen rocker can be pushed into this “nitch”. We would have preferred to have the longer drawers instead.

48A77C60-30EC-4B40-A221-E48D98BB5C47.jpeg

D8DDC5A4-9F7D-4F82-ADCF-CD9F9FB8F920.png

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

Good pick up, C-Dragons! I was in both and didn't even notice (my DH had that dresser and I took the closet drawers and cubbies)! No wonder the rocker fits better in the aft S1 - I thought it was because of the bed position.

Edited by vtcruising