Dining Time Set in Stone

Bama Fan

That's right...there is about a 10 min. window to get to your table with traditional dining....after that, you've upset the whole dining schedule. You're on vacation...you have no meetings or commute....you know when dinner is...you can get there!

That's right...there is about a 10 min. window to get to your table with traditional dining....after that, you've upset the whole dining schedule. You're on vacation...you have no meetings or commute....you know when dinner is...you can get there!

Agreed, and while they have not and probably will not do so, I so wish they would close the doors after 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I so wish they would close the doors after 15 minutes.

I'm on a nostalgia roll tonight, Jim. Do you remember on Carnival ships the thick, heavy drapes at the entrance to the MDR that were drawn closed after the 15 minute grace period? There was no Your Time Dining then and the lido grill on the Festivale, Jubilee and Celebration didn't have a buffet during the dinner hours.

If you were more than 15 minutes late to the MDR your only recourse was to " go to your room " and order from the very limited Room Service menu. When dining room service operations suffer from too many tardy inconsiderate guests the 15 minute grace period will return, as it should.

I'm on a nostalgia roll tonight, Jim. Do you remember on Carnival ships the thick, heavy drapes at the entrance to the MDR that were drawn closed after the 15 minute grace period? There was no Your Time Dining then and the lido grill on the Festivale, Jubilee and Celebration didn't have a buffet during the dinner hours.

If you were more than 15 minutes late to the MDR your only recourse was to " go to your room " and order from the very limited Room Service menu. When dining room service operations suffer from too many tardy inconsiderate guests the 15 minute grace period will return, as it should.

I do from our first cruise on the Celebration, but not before you brought it up. It is a catch 22 when there are so many options, but it turns my crank when I see service teams going crazy trying to play catch up people strolling into designated dining times so late.

On a totally unrelated note, we just got off an Azamara cruise where the service was OUTSTANDING. Of course there were only 600 guests but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dear Bama Fan,

The simple answer is NOPE, your not able to go back and forth.

What you may want to do is notify your waiter / Head Waiter you may be late as per ..__.. , that way your couteous and even if ypour not able to eat in the MDR they have those open seats to provide others with.

W#e do that when eating at the HIGH additional cost locations aboard too.

They used to have a wonderful Midnight Buffet on most Cruise Ships and Carnival was the last to relinquish that. Excuses abounded saying " they had to waste all that food..etc..etc.."

The real /actual reason was/is.."It cost to much for them to do.. "

If you miss your dining time can you try anytime dining? Just wondering if that is an option.