MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

A lazy sea day* today, swell wasnt to bad this morning but has picked up this arvo. Sunny skies and really hot. Loving taking breakfast out to the Wakeview bar area, still available tables out there shhhh......

We went to the destination lecture for Hong Kong as that is the only port we havent been to before, coffee at Le Mer, but prefer the coffee at Gong Cha so far!

We had some sun on our balcony so arranged the chairs with some cushions from the sofa and pool towels, made a nice sun lounge but it was hot out there!!

Andy had the sense to lie on the bed and read, I can' resist the sun and the sea.

The usual seadays activities including trivia, horse racing, target shooting etc and ironing the formal shirt in the laundry where as usual there was lots of gossip and complaining!

The Piazza area is packed all day, thankfully they opened Le Mer as a coffee place as it is always full.

Formal night tonight, Champagne waterfall, free drinks consisted of sparkling wine and mimosa's. Then waiters filled glasses from the bottle haha!!!

We have been having dinner in Concerto dining room, it is traditional early, then at 7.45pm becomes Anytime, and is never busy. I think we have a standing reservation now, we called and booked the first couple of nights, now they have said just come and " you know your table" they are so great!!!

We went into Crooners for a martini after dinner, nice atmosphere, the furniture is brand new, there is a barrier though that separates the area in two, we sat behind it and couldn't see the entertainer.

Lot's of dancing in the Piazza late tonight as we walked through.

Uncle Les, I am happy to say that the Formal night dress code was alive and well, i did not see anyone in our dining room that was not without a suit, jacket or tie. Even in the Piazza earlier everyone was* in their elegantly formal dressy best!!

The Majestic is handling the seas well, in our midship cabin on deck 8 we are hardly feeling any movement. Thankfully it still creaks so we know we are on a ship.

Good night from the Majestic, getting closer to Sydney by the day!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update, I wonder what all the complaining is about, ship issues or is it more about other passengers or possibly home issues (politics).
Mic, a quick answer to your question.

Some are still complaining about the lines for the 144hr visa haha, but mostly about the 2 hours and longer for some to board in the hot sun.

One lady was telling me they should change all the Chinese writing on signs now the ship is in Australia permanently haha, told her it was going back to China, she wouldnt believe it and said they will be sorry!!

A lady was complaining of hayfever, "its all the pollution in " those" countries"......did no one tell her she was going to Asia!

Lots of rooms had not been serviced when people got onboard as the ship arrived late staff were under the pump.

One man was telling me the food in the buffet was cold the first day, he is making a complaint to Princess, just usual stuff that you hear, but they are in the minority.

Sounds like you had a good formal night Cheznandy, lovely to get your daily updates, we are all no doubt following with great anticipation....I do love the Princess Mimosas on formal nights....yummy!

Looks like the ship is riding those seas well, giving you a good ride across to Hong Kong....

Yes, don't you love the laundry..always interesting...lol.. dont get me started on the "laundry rage incidents" we have seen on a couple of the ships...lol... some people ,,wow............lol.... and all .those who have to complain about everything...:mad: not like those happy campers like ourselves who are just feeling blessed enough to be able to be well enough and lucky enough to be on such wonderful ships, spending lots of time with our family, and looked after by those lovely crew....:)

have a lovely day!

cheers

S&D

Edited by S&D

Thanks for the posts Chez. Great to see the Aussies are 'Regimentally Dressed' for the MDR. Way it should be. As for the whingers, a cruise ship would not be a cruise ship with some whingers.

Continue to enjoy and HK is great, they even drive on the left side which is the right side, being a former British Colony until 1997. :')

Mic, a quick answer to your question.

Some are still complaining about the lines for the 144hr visa haha, but mostly about the 2 hours and longer for some to board in the hot sun.

One lady was telling me they should change all the Chinese writing on signs now the ship is in Australia permanently haha, told her it was going back to China, she wouldnt believe it and said they will be sorry!!

A lady was complaining of hayfever, "its all the pollution in " those" countries"......did no one tell her she was going to Asia!

Lots of rooms had not been serviced when people got onboard as the ship arrived late staff were under the pump.

One man was telling me the food in the buffet was cold the first day, he is making a complaint to Princess, just usual stuff that you hear, but they are in the minority.

Cheers, there will always be moaners but sometimes it is just individual complaints, sometimes they can be cruise specific, sometimes ship specific and sometimes something that may affect future cruises as well.

Thought there may also have been some complaints about what was going on here (new PM , drought, etc) as well.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy :) Thanks for the updates, definitely taking notes for our cruise out of Sydney in December.

There are always those, sometimes it can be fun egging them on.

One time I said, that my drink garnish was not up to standard, the orange peel should be hanging on the edge rather than in the drink and one person said that if it happened to them they would demand another drink done properly and for gratis.:D

Hi Chez, Thanks for all the updates great knowing what to expect when we get on the ship 15th so close now, and seeing you both again, hope they still do Long Island ice tea it’s been awhile since I have had one, did you get my email?

We were up early for a walk this morning, really windy up on the top deck, so made our way forward to the Hollywood pool club and found they had a tea and coffee station set up just inside the doors, starboard side, if you dont want to walk through the early morning smokers go through the port side doors.

A great place for an early cup of tea without the hussle of the buffet. We grabbed a pod lounge up front and enjoyed our cup of tea and great ocean views.

I noticed a few of the cabanas with curtains had been nabbed, people in them with curtains drawn......i didnt see any reserved signs, maybe first in .......but this was about 7am!

Tea and coffee served here from 6am to 10am.

Coffee from Gong Cha and a bit of reading on our Kindles in the Crown Grill bar, all seats everywhere around mid morning are taken, havent found a secret quiet place yet......will let you know!

Lunched at Alfredos, a great free venue on Deck 7 midship. Menu consisted of Pizza, Pastas and Calzone. I orderd a pizza with a gluten free base, i am not allergic to gluten but feel better without it. It was really nice, like an egg pancake type* base. Place is busy whenever we walk past. Great attentive staff, filling water glasses and quick clean up of tables.

Attended the wine tasting at 3pm, free for Elite members. A small plate of cheese n crackers between 2, 5 tastes of different wines, it was over in 30 minutes, not sure what the cost was to attend.

We lazed in our cabin in the afternoon before dinner, gotta love the on demand TV, then after dinner went to Princess live for Name that Lyric, and I won! Yay, go me, walked away with a cheap bottle of sparkly, I answered the questions and Andy was the runner, so I guess he can have a glass!

We dock in Hong Kong at 6am, a Royal Caribbean ship is in tomorrow as well, our time was pushed forward as we are first in Captain said today.

To answer some questions, best spot for a group for sailaway would be aft at the Wakeview bar, you dont have to compete with the noise of a band on the main deck.

Elsie yes, i got your email, just not replying due to internet minutes used up, so replying on here to any questions. They will make you any drink onboard so you will be fine with a long island ice tea.

Look forward to seeing you when we disembark.

Till tomorrow

Thanks for your live. The I’m on the Majestic in March 2019. Where was your Meet & Greet held & if possible any photo’s of that area? I’m hosting a Meet & Greet & have been told that they will provide chairs but no mention as to where it will held other than the ”Hollywood Conservatory“ which is a large area.

I’ve heard about people dancing in the atrium but I’m wondering if what areas are for dancing?

If you got your Vietnam Visa on board what was the process for the visa & what did you pay?

What was the currency used on your cruise?

Thanks again for your posts.

Tom😀

Thank you so much for the posts, have just ditched my Celebrity Solstice cruise with free alcohol pkg in December to a 12 day on The Majestic with no pkg as I like the itinerary better. Hope I wont be disappointed.

Now trying to work out if we need to bother buying a pkg, we are recent Platinum members so I guess we get entry into the cheap happy hour?. Have you been back to the hapoy hour? Is it so crowded its hard to get a seat? .. and I hear mention of Mimosas on formal night, are these free? Can you be greedy and have more than one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The new cruise terminal at the old airport site - Kai Tak is a bit of a fizzer I think. Modern but when we were in there last year on QM2, shops were empty. Not sure about now, perhaps Chez could advise.

Re the wine tasting..Chez, I hope you did not eat the crackers, they contain wheat !!! If you ask in the MDR they can sometimes find GF crackers. I take my own, a few packs of Aldi rice crackers on board, being a full blown Coeliac. Stay off the bread rolls too, in the MDR they bring you GF tennis ball rolls or GF toast for dinner, as the GF bread is often inedible.

Edited by NSWP