New Survey Received

cinnamon

How curious! I'll do a bit of detective work to see what I can find re. a small ship survey.

Maybe I can get a link to that as well for others to respond.

As I remember the intro to the small ship survey, it indicated that there might have been a selection process to choosing participants.

Perhaps they were setting parameters for the population they wanted to respond for that particular poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I remember the intro to the small ship survey, it indicated that there might have been a selection process to choosing participants.

Perhaps they were setting parameters for the population they wanted to respond for that particular poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received both surveys and haven't cruised with Azamara since October 2016, so the criteria would be interesting.

I also commented on the increased pricing of Azamara. For that reason, we may not cruise with them again, and dread how much small-ship cruising would cost.

Edited by Wacktle
Extra text

I also commented on the ever increasing prices. I wonder if the powers that be (RCCL) are considering transferring the current Celebrity Expedition over to Azamara when Celebrity Flora starts next year in the Galapagos

I really doubt it. Although Xpedition is expensive, the Flora is suite only and absurdly expensive ($20,000-$40,000 for a week) and would severely limit their market. But Celebrity thinks they have it figured out, and maybe they do. But to spend that kind of dough when you are off the ship most of the day, every day, is kookoo.

Hi Cinnamon, et.al. on this thread,

I'm a bit confused. The survey that was sent to LCV members yesterday (8/22) was to gather information on the types of Shorex tours our loyal guests prefer, along with what they're willing to pay for the different types of tours, and other aspects of our tour offerings. It did not ask about 'small ship' vs other size ships, nor the prices of our cruises. Unless you received a different survey?

Here's a link to the LCV Shorex Survey. We'd appreciate everyone's input! :*

That's the one I got. Quite detailed, but should have been some spots for N/A responses.

I agree - there were some questions that I did not have answers for. By the time I was finished I thought my answers didn't truly represent my thoughts. On the other hand, the other questionnaire about small ships was easier to respond accurately.

And we got neither survey again, despite being assured by Azamara LCV following the Pursuit naming debacle, that we were definitely ON THE LIST. Mmmmmm????

I believe Bonnie can send you links, but the emails are still in my trash folder if you want me to send them to you.

Thank you for the kind offer. As a loyal Azamara client, we really want them to sort this, so that we are considered, included and informed. Our on board officers are horrified when they hear these stories, so we really want this sorted for them too.

Thank you again.

Thank you for the kind offer. As a loyal Azamara client, we really want them to sort this, so that we are considered, included and informed. Our on board officers are horrified when they hear these stories, so we really want this sorted for them too.

Thank you again.

You're welcome and I hope they do sort it. We have only been on 2 Az cruises, have 2 more booked, plus 1 RCI cruise in 2020. RCI cruise will be a 50th anniversary cruise with family.:)

Found the survey interesting, especially the one question that specifically addressed the question as to how much we are willing to pay for a smaller ship experience.

As I remember it, the question asked what we would expect to pay!

That is not the same as asking what we would be willing to pay.

I got both surveys by the way.

Just as a follow on to this thread, I'm not long back from a trip to Ecuador and Galapagos and as this is something mentioned on this thread I wanted to say it was one of the most incredible experiences. I wasn't on one of the larger ships, but rather a 16 passenger luxury catamaran (with in the end just twelve of us onboard) and the scenery and wildlife, just amazing. If you get the chance you have to do it if you are reasonably active and fit.

We did a few hiking and snorkelling excursions where I was able to see the most amazing abundance of fish and have inquisitive sealions swim with me. We were lucky enough to get up close and personal to a pod of Orcas. Something our guide hadn't seen in three years. I captured this video from our panga. The footage isn't great as I found it difficult to keep the phone still!

If you get the opportunity to go to the Galapagos Islands then you must do it. I feel very privileged to have done so

Phil

VOb1qKoZGWE

Just as a follow on to this thread, I'm not long back from a trip to Ecuador and Galapagos and as this is something mentioned on this thread I wanted to say it was one of the most incredible experiences. I wasn't on one of the larger ships, but rather a 16 passenger luxury catamaran (with in the end just twelve of us onboard) and the scenery and wildlife, just amazing. If you get the chance you have to do it if you are reasonably active and fit.

We did a few hiking and snorkelling excursions where I was able to see the most amazing abundance of fish and have inquisitive sealions swim with me. We were lucky enough to get up close and personal to a pod of Orcas. Something our guide hadn't seen in three years. I captured this video from our panga. The footage isn't great as I found it difficult to keep the phone still!

If you get the opportunity to go to the Galapagos Islands then you must do it. I feel very privileged to have done so

Phil

VOb1qKoZGWE

WOW ! :cool: