If someone gets caught sneaking Booze

traveler2100

Maybe just for the thrill and challenge to see if they could get away with it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly...always more fun to break the rules!

I know sneaking booze in college was a blast...

If someone gets caught sneaking Booze on to a Carnival ship what is the downside/

Other than having the liquor confiscated?

Booze in a Rum Runner, mouth-wash bottles, etc could be a violation of some states open container laws. So there is a possibility that local authorities could arrest or ticket a person if the booze is discovered in the port.

Rumrunners are a very good solution and they work.

I have used rum runner flask many times....no problems. Once....as a test ...we took an empty rum runner into a port. We purchased 2 bottles of rum. We left 1 bottle intact and poured the other into a rum runner flask.

Upon return to the ship, Security quickly confiscated the bottle and told us we could pick up on last day of cruise. The rum runner flask ran right thru.....

Our entire group was smiling.....

Exactly...always more fun to break the rules!

I know sneaking booze in college was a blast...

There are rules and than their are rules.

Rules for our safety should and must be followed.

Rules that are arbitrary and only benefit a company are not quite the same.

For those of you who want to shoot smugglers what do you do when driving on a highway and noticing you are 10 miles over the speed limit? Turn yourself in at nearest police station?

And btw many years since we have smuggled but do understand why others do so.

I'd agree with that if you didn't sign a contract with the company that forbids you from smuggling booze onboard. When I sign my name and agree to a contract it means something to me.

I'd agree with that if you didn't sign a contract with the company that forbids you from smuggling booze onboard. When I sign my name and agree to a contract it means something to me.

Yes, it is a legally binding contract. Many people still have enough honor left to keep their word, but fewer and fewer with the dumbing down of society.

No way they will ever deny boarding for someone trying to get booze on board, no way. All they will do is take it and drink it later. :D They want the $$$$ spent on board.

Once upon a time, Carnival looked the other way when cruisers packed suitcases full of liquor bottles and beer. Then Carnival decided to enforce that rule.

I also doubt Carnival will deny boarding for simple booze smuggling, but combine it with an attitude or other circumstances, and someday someone is going to get the boot.

It sounds like Carnival isn't returning smuggled booze these days.

There are rules and than their are rules.

For those of you who want to shoot smugglers what do you do when driving on a highway and noticing you are 10 miles over the speed limit? Turn yourself in at nearest police station?

And btw many years since we have smuggled but do understand why others do so.

funny... people said that before the smugglers hurt everyone when Carnival stopped bottled soda and water.

Breaking rules affect more than just the person smuggling

I know you are posting what you were told, but the story doesn’t sound even remotely true. If they had illegal drugs, they would have been turned over to the local authorities when returning to their home port. They would not take away S&S cards, they would remove the ability to buy alcohol on the cards. If they were flagged, security would be watching them to ensure they didn’t drink. Bottom line, I don’t believe one part of the story you were told.

Why would Carnival turn them into any authorities. Carnival is under no obligation to do so and it would be a potential big mess.

Before we go on a cruise we watch youtube videos. If people did not smuggle booze i would not get to watch carnival took my booze videos. In younger days i might consider smuggling because in Caribbean you want to be a pirate. As far as the morality i was taugh christ came to save sinners soo if you want to be saved you have to sin. Perfect people need not apply. Now illegal items i am totally against. I pose a question..i was in the port of galveston to the left was table to have to pay texas taxes but to right was my luggage with a porter. How many folks have pulled their luggage off to open to pay taxes?

Funny. You were taught wrong. And when this argument was considered by Paul, his response was "God forbid". But rationalization is a marvelous thing.

funny... people said that before the smugglers hurt everyone when Carnival stopped bottled soda and water.

Breaking rules affect more than just the person smuggling

You don't think that Carnival creating a captive audience for its bottled water had a wee bit to do with this rule change? Only novices smuggle booze in water bottles.

No way they will ever deny boarding for someone trying to get booze on board, no way. All they will do is take it and drink it later. :D They want the $$$$ spent on board.

All they would have to do is start. After some stories about passengers denied boarding the smuggling would completely stop.

When you have to "sneak" to do something, it implies that it's against the rules. There is an alcohol package available for purchase, as well as the ability to buy alcohol from the Fun Shop for the room. You can pay per drink on board. You may also bring on wine and champagne for a corkage fee. Why would one choose to "sneak" when there are options available?

Jenny, the info you provided here caught my attention. You can buy alcohol from the Fun Shop and can drink it on board? I know if we buy on RCI, we can't access it until we disembark.

Jenny, the info you provided here caught my attention. You can buy alcohol from the Fun Shop and can drink it on board? I know if we buy on RCI, we can't access it until we disembark.

Wait till you see the price they would sell it to you for. Think arms and two legs.

You don't think that Carnival creating a captive audience for its bottled water had a wee bit to do with this rule change? Only novices smuggle booze in water bottles.

their bottled water prices are very very good so , no, I dont think it has anything to do with that. if they charged what NCL charged I might think so

And you believe that was due to smuggling? Sorry just dont buy that one at all

you dont have to believe it. the price of water is VERY cheap and that is the reason they used. It took them very long to shake and check every single bottle to check it and they decided to make the embarkation much faster with this.

if it was about $$$ , they would charge 30.00 per case of water.... they didnt

Yikes! Nothing like selling a bottle of booze for literally FOUR TIMES (or more!) what it costs at my local grocery store...

The cruise ship is not your house, and the fun shop is not your local liquor store.

Do you offer to pay for the burgers you get on the ship like you do at your local burger joint? No, because it's part of your cruise,just like the rules regarding alcohol. Feel free to stay on your porch and drink from your local grocery store.